PDA

View Full Version : Bazazz Units, anyone used them??

Desmodromico
December 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I have seen some of the Bazazz stuff on sale recently here: http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Bazzaz

Seems pretty cost effective and simple for tuning, quickshift, and traction control for $750, but I have to wonder if without wheel speed sensors the traction control is pretty useless?

My interest is not so much in improving lap times as it is maybe setting a baseline for traction control that would limit major wheelspin causing a highside.

Anyone used these or have any thoughts? Any no my bike isn't supersport legal anyways so that is a moot point.

Clarkie
December 20th, 2010, 11:31 AM
TC wont stop a highside unless you have it so agressive you are going slow, the Bazzaz system is pretty good once you have it set up right. You really need to set it up track/gear dependant to work right. I hear guys going around the track with it popping where it shouldnt, like when the bike is almost upright in a straight line.

Remember. if it is activating (popping) you are limiting the power your bike is putting to the wheel. People spend a lot of money trying to gain horsepower, then add TC, set it up wrong and loose all the power they gained and then some. I kind of wonder why people on a SS 600 at 5,000ft need it.....

I had a non-Bazzaz system I was helping develop in 08 and when it was set up right it wouldnt activate on 90% of the corners until lap 4-5 on a 200hp Superbike. The button hook at Pueblo sure, but it was TPS and gear dependant, now couple a GPS system to a good TC system and you have something :wink:

Desmodromico
December 20th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks Clarkie, I am not fast enough to get to that level of setup, have never ridden anything with TC and was curious what to expect. I am going to install my poor mans TC this winter, a quick turn throttle to hopefully make roll on a little easier and take some slop out that is in the stock cables.

Clarkie
December 20th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Good plan, a lot of people dont realize a bike has more grip with a little rear wheel slip. With TC less is more :wink: