PDA

View Full Version : High Plains Raceway Says THANK YOU!

The GECCO
December 15th, 2010, 03:34 PM
High Plains Raceway wants to say Thank You and Merry Christmas to all the members of the CAMA clubs and our customers who have not only made HPR possible, but have made it very successful in its first two seasons!

It is with great pleasure that the CAMA Board of Directors announces that there will be two FREE days of Open Lapping during the week between Christmas and New Years.

* The exact two days (between Sunday - Thursday) will be announced via the track hotline (303-769-4771) and email blast on Christmas Eve based on the weather forecast for the following week.
* These days will be open to anyone who is a member of any CAMA club or was a customer of HPR in 2010
* Both cars and motorcycles are welcome and will be run in separate sessions (minimum of two sessions - cars and bikes, either group will be broken down further if necessary).
* Winter schedule - gates open at 9am, track hot from 10-4 with no lunch break.
* Ambulance and Corner Workers will be provided as usual.
* Raceway Café will be closed so bring snacks and drinks.
* Giveaways on both days!

Come on out and say goodbye to 2010 in style at YOUR TRACK, High Plains Raceway!

Glenn Conser
HPR General Manager

T Baggins
December 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
WOO HOO! Just like the good old days at SCR, only at a way nicer track! I always loved that we did the free days after Christmas. Now we just need to start praying to the Weather Gods...

Thanks Glenn for proposing (and CAMA for approving) this! It's a great way to give back to the members!

dragos13
December 16th, 2010, 05:58 AM
This is AWESOME!!!

beavis
December 21st, 2010, 11:10 PM
:( wish my racer didnt need an rebuilt engine. Maybe take the alt racer 1999 zx-6r for a few laps. Only his holiness knows I need to get faster on that track and maybe someone there can teach me on how to get faster on HPR. Since we are there mostly for 2011.

Chadwick929
December 22nd, 2010, 09:15 AM
How about a photographer that's helped out? ;) :lol:

N1K
December 22nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
[quote="beavis"]:( wish my racer didnt need an rebuilt engine. Maybe take the alt racer 1999 zx-6r for a few laps. Only his holiness knows I need to get faster on that track and maybe someone there can teach me on how to get faster on HPR. Since we are there mostly for 2011.[/quote

R1

The GECCO
December 24th, 2010, 10:00 AM
The Free Open Lapping Days will be SUNDAY and TUESDAY!

Note that the giveaways will be done at the riders meeting at approximately 9:40 and you must be there to win!

See you there!

oldtimer
December 24th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Sweet!

nwatkins176
December 24th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Anybody going to have tire service there on Sunday. Thought I would have a chance to swap some tires out on Monday, guess not.

benfoxmra95
December 24th, 2010, 06:09 PM
crap...can i get a raincheck until im back in the country? I'll bring you some australian beer :lol:

JimWilson29
December 25th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Anyone changing tires out there tomorrow?

cjmagnuss
December 26th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Thank you HPR! Had a great time today.

Islandermyk
December 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM
My legs are so dead and out of shape! Was it worth it??? Yes... yes it was! :lol:

I won the raffle for a free 1/2 day trackday! \:D/

THANK YOU HPR!!!!

Fastt Racing
December 27th, 2010, 10:08 PM
That was a good day. I'm going back out Tuesday, weather should be even better. Thanks Glenn & HPR/CAMA. Thanks for the four wheeler help Mike. Those yuppies couldn't race all 12 of their Porches & Lotus in one session, and needed two groups? Funny watchin Prlika almost loose it in the corckscrew a couple times too. Haven't raced with most of those guys in 10 years and nothing's changed.

The GECCO
December 27th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Those yuppies couldn't race all 12 of their Porches & Lotus in one session, and needed two groups?

That was my decision, based on keeping things safe and fun. The volume of cars was borderline, but when combined with the VAST differences in speed made it unsafe. The fast guys were getting frustrated and the slow guys were getting spooked.

Chadwick929
December 28th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks again Glenn! I had a great time out there on Sunday. Thanks to the crew that was out there corner working and Mike on the quad.

Fastt Racing
January 3rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks again Glenn. It was a good choice, I was just laughing a little. Only had 2 1/2 cars smashed on Tuesday! Thanks a bunch Mike. Your pointers have made a big difference.

hcr25
January 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Glad to help! Remember sometimes its the things we "think" we are doing right that we are actually doing wrong. I do that alot :)
mike