PDA

View Full Version : Jason Pridmore's Star School

Clarkie
December 13th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I was at Chuckwalla Raceway in California this past weekend helping out Lisa Kary for the Star School and sat in for most of the classroom sessions. I have to tell you, it was pretty bloody awesome!

It's not just what Jason says/teaches, but more how he expains it which is awesome. I raced for a long time and things he said made total sense to me and I wished I had taken his course when I was racing a couple of years ago as I know I would have learned a lot from the school.

He has mentored/coached guys like Nicky Hayden, Ben Spies and Josh Hayes so yeah he knows what he is doing and the fact these guys went on to become AMA/WSBK/MotoGP Champions says a lot. It is a very relaxed, but busy school and you would definitely get out of it what you put into it.

Not sure of the date yet but I know he intends to come back to Colorado in 2011 for another school. If you are serious about your racing regardless of you level, you should consider taking his class. I am sure some people will complain about the cost and say it isnt worth it, but to me you would learn more doing his 2 day school than doing 4-5 trackdays.

Jon
December 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM
He might very well be a great teacher but he still owes me 3 bucks he stiffed me back in 1997. So tell him I want my three dollars!

Clarkie
December 13th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Gee thanks for trying to de-rail yet another thread Jon

dave.gallant
December 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Thats usually my job damn it.

Jon
December 13th, 2010, 06:18 PM
That was a g'damned joke. Though it's true that he does owe me three bucks, it was really a play on a cult movie called Better Off Dead that probably none of the present MRA knows due to it coming out before most were born. John Cussack's in it, anybody even know who he is?
Regardless, every fucking time I write anything to the MRA no matter if it's negitive, positive, humerous or helpful someone says that I'm causing the g'damned club problems. So go ahead, ban me for life and burn me at the stake and I'll just go on my merry way hearing about how I tried to sue the club or some shit like that.
I tried to apologize and after what I think is what, about twenty years with this g'damned club no body has ever recognised that I've helped when things looked bleak and I've never seeked anything but to have a place for members and me to race.
Merry Christmas and thanks again!

Clarkie
December 13th, 2010, 06:35 PM
The only thing this has to do with the MRA is it is an MRA forum, nothing more Jon. If you choose to make it about more than what it was intended, it's just kinda sad.

As well as having an amazing Rider School, Jason is a geat guy who does a lot for injured riders.

JimWilson29
December 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
That was a g'damned joke. Though it's true that he does owe me three bucks, it was really a play on a cult movie called Better Off Dead that probably none of the present MRA knows due to it coming out before most were born. John Cussack's in it, anybody even know who he is?
Regardless, every fucking time I write anything to the MRA no matter if it's negitive, positive, humerous or helpful someone says that I'm causing the g'damned club problems. So go ahead, ban me for life and burn me at the stake and I'll just go on my merry way hearing about how I tried to sue the club or some shit like that.
I tried to apologize and after what I think is what, about twenty years with this g'damned club no body has ever recognised that I've helped when things looked bleak and I've never seeked anything but to have a place for members and me to race.
Merry Christmas and thanks again!

It was $2 in the movie Better Off Dead. A few of us were born back then. Still my favorite movie of 1985.
http://ilovepwnage.com/video.php?v=ODU5Mw==

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Better_Off_Dead/better_off_dead_movie_image__1_.jpg

froth
December 13th, 2010, 07:56 PM
=+1 on bewst of '85. Now for a trivia test, Ben. What was Kim Darby's(she played Cusak's mom, opposite the fabulous David Ogden Stiers Dad) most famous role?
Hint: If you saw Blood Simple, you know where this is going.

motolitho
December 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
He's skiing on one leg!

Another highjack f-ers

Clarkie
December 13th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Really don't know why I bother when you guys obviously know it already. To think I was going to get a track bike and do some coaching since I keep getting asked to do it. Yep club racers will never change. Oh well worth a shot even though I was told I would be wasting my time.

HAMMER
December 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Someone , I promise , will get a hint . :roll:

Jeez

Knowledge=speed

Clarkie
December 13th, 2010, 10:08 PM
LOL Hammer trust me, not upset, mad or really surprised, just not going to waste my time trying to help people become better riders.

spideyrdr
December 13th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I know of at least 3 guys who would be VERY interested in the school if it was hosted here again. Hopefully it will be a tad earlier in the season this year if it returns!

glenngsxr
December 14th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I've ran into Jason several times back in the day at PPIR and in Utah as well in the WSBK pits. He is incredibly nice and always gave me the time of day. Very knowledgable and always willing to help. There's a reason his school has been around for a long time while other die out......it's good!

Glenn #62

Bueller999
December 14th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Really don't know why I bother when you guys obviously know it already. To think I was going to get a track bike and do some coaching since I keep getting asked to do it. Yep club racers will never change. Oh well worth a shot even though I was told I would be wasting my time.

I am old and set in my ways but I think I would listen to anything you would suggest :wink:
I gotta figure out how to get a slow bike around fast.

Christman29
December 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Some things never change Clarkie! There still are some that are willing to learn though........i bet you are one of them too! You better get that track bike!

Jon
December 28th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I WANT MY THREE DOLLARS

Clarkie
December 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM
You are right Rob, somethings never change :wink:

High Roller
February 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I was checking out their website and it says they will be here in Aug. 15-16. I see some "one on one days" for 1500/day (Chuckwalla) and other days, such as the Colorado schedule, only 650 for two days. What exactly is the difference? How "one on one" is it? I can't imagine it's literally that.

Louis

acrovixen
April 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Louis, it IS literally that - a one on one session with Jason. Actually probably even some 2 on 1 as Mark Gallardo does some track insruction with Jason. Chuckwalla is a great track too - very flowing, tons of run off, and no big long straights - keeps your speed down a bit and forces you to work on technique. If I was still racing (someday soon, like when I move back to CO in 3 years) I would most definitely consider this a VERY wise investment. Shoot JP an email and get the details. :)

Cheers,
Lisa
(former MRA#191)

oldtimer
April 4th, 2011, 11:55 AM
STAR School has come to HPR for the past 2 years and I've attended both. This version splits the students into groups, one group in the classroom while the other is on track with multiple instructors. You go between class and track all day, working on new drills each session.

I think this school is one of the best values available. It costs $150 to do an open lapping day at HPR, no instruction. Or spend $350 and ride all day with STAR instructors for only $200 more. If you've ever paid for coaching that's a real deal.

Clarkie
April 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I totally agree Wyeth, you just have to look at who JP has coached/mentored over the years, there are a few AMA/WSBK/MotoGP riders in that group :wink:

gary3000
April 9th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I want to add to the list of positive comments about JP and STAR. I attended the school last year at HPR; it was my first time on a track. Jason and all the instructors (Wyeth is really cool) were fantastic. I really learned a lot, and I am hooked. I have a track/race bike for this year, but I decided not race(novice) this year as I don't think I have enough track time. I will be coming out for track days and superstreet.

Along with the great value, getting a two-up ride with Jason is incredible.