PDA

View Full Version : Racer(s) wanted...

Clarkie
December 9th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Aaron Clark and Dave Rose are entering into a new project together for the 2011 MRA season. Both of us have not only a wealth of experience and knowledge, but we look at things in a different way to most racers. Both being engineers, we use the finer details to create larger gains on the track. We are looking for riders who want to become part of this project; we need riders who are prepared to learn to think at a different level; be calm, level headed, rational and extremely motivated. Perhaps most important of all, we all need to be able to work together to get the bike around the track as fast as possible- this means serious team work. Aaron and Dave working together is a known formula for success- we are looking to add to this.

We all know that according to the experts (Jeremy Burgess, Kevin Schwantz) that most of racing is mental. Part of that equation is the bike- a proper engine, properly sorted chassis. What we are looking for is someone that honestly thinks they have the ability to elevate themselves to the next level in their riding; someone that is prepared to put in the work (and if you really think this is going to be easy, it's likely that you are the wrong person for this project.) What we are talking about is changing the way you think about getting around the race track.

If this is something you think you would be interested in, get in touch- emailing Aaron is the easiest way- clarkie49@hotmail.com. All emails will be kept private. If you are interested, maybe don't post it as a reply to this thread- no reason to tell the people you are racing against on the MRA Forum how you intend to go faster...

Thank you.

Clarkie
December 9th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I should have added, tell us why you think you would be someone we want to work with. Naming your championships or have many races you have won isnt what we are looking for, this has more to do with the way you will and currently do, approach your racing.

No this project isnt just about the mental side of racing, although that is part of it. It is about getting the best out of a bike AND the rider, and no you dont have to join the MRA Horsepower War as part of this project.

We are over 3 months away from the first race or the 2011 season so we are not going to make a decision quickly.

JWinter
December 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
This is a sweet possibility for someone! I have worked with Dave Rose on my suspension and he is the bomb.

Jeff

Clarkie
December 13th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I have gotten a lot of great emails, keep them coming! Everyone is asking a lot of great questions about what is involved, we are still 3-4 months away from the start of the MRA season and Dave and I will be sitting down to discusss our options, this isnt something we will be rushing into.

As for what is involved, I wont let on very much as there is no point telling you competition what your are planning on working on :wink: but when Dave and I have a short list, we will be contacting riders to tell them more and seeing if it is a direction the want to go in.