PDA

View Full Version : Grip Problems

Chadwick929
December 1st, 2010, 05:50 PM
So I decided to ditch the Driven D3 grips and go with something different. Less shiny, more racey. :D I picked up some Renthal Mediums for my R1. I went to put them on tonight, the throttle side was tight to get on, as I figured it would, but when I got to the clutch side, it was sliding on and off like a cheap hooker on Colfax. :?

I have Vortex bars instead of the stock clip-ons, so I was figuring that it was just because it might be a smaller diameter. But when I switched the D3s off the stock bars to the new ones, they went on tight.

So is this normal? Figured you guys w/ aftermarket clip-ons would be able to help me out. Thanks.

Jon
December 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM
Not sure if there's a remote possibility on rather or not you got two throttle side grips somehow? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to spin up a bar that's 7/8 of an inch in diameter but first I'd take a caliper measure the bar for it's diameter and then measure the grip for size.
Vortex I know has been making clip ons for years but I guess no one's lathe is compleatly excused from making mistakes.
Good thing's you caught it and that's way better than getting caught picking up one of those Colfax hookers :wink:

Munch
December 1st, 2010, 11:48 PM
Shoulda gone with a set of these babies. :twisted:

http://www.motogrip.net/PRODUCT/IMAGES/BKDG.jpg