PDA

View Full Version : 2000-2002 R6 bodywork

Jon
November 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM
My step sons looking for a set of used but still usable 2000-2002 R6 bodywork. As I know somebody got something up in the rafters, the attic or beneath the bench please help another new racer come out and play. Thanks, Jon or Justin

Jon
November 16th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Come on guys and gals somebodies gotta have something to help a new racer out, doesn't have to be new doesn't have to be great.

T Baggins
November 17th, 2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.pit-eck.com/category/fairings/8

This looks like some pretty cheap shit, but cheaper than buying used probably.

I didn't have any luck finding used stuff for Bread Puddin's bike either, most of the 99-02 guys have updated to 2005 bodywork...

Jon
November 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks Tony,
I'll have him check it out but as a new racer he's likely to really test it's crash worthiness and maybe better off with holding out for a newer more crash worthy set of Armor bodies or Sharkskinz.
Then again being young and stupid he probably doesn't mind sanding, grinding, filling and breathing fiberglass resin and cloth all day long either to save a buck or two :roll:

T Baggins
November 17th, 2010, 02:20 PM
mmmmmmm, fiberglass resin....... I still love that smell! Crazy but true.

dragos13
November 18th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Thanks Tony,
I'll have him check it out but as a new racer he's likely to really test it's crash worthiness and maybe better off with holding out for a newer more crash worthy set of Armor bodies or Sharkskinz.
Then again being young and stupid he probably doesn't mind sanding, grinding, filling and breathing fiberglass resin and cloth all day long either to save a buck or two :roll:

The joys of a crash happy novice :) I remember those days of sanding and fiberglassing after every weekend.

Jon
November 19th, 2010, 07:32 AM
It appears as if Justin will be purchasing the bodywork Tony mentioned as $315 buys a set. I guess I'll purchased him a gallon of Fiberglass resin and harderner and a roller of cloth or mat for Christmas. I wonder if this quality stuff even going to fit? I've heard that it can be made to but there's no guarantees in life right!

scott_tiller
November 20th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hey Jon,

On the WERA board, Hotbodies is running a special of buy one, get one free.

not sure the prices or if they have some for the older R6's, but may be something to look at.

Scott