PDA

View Full Version : 2011 ninja 250 season

monument mike
November 12th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Is there going to be a production year restriction ? I see there's a difference in plastic & exhaust between '07 - older & '08 - newer . Does anybody know if there was any other changes ? Just checking before I look for one to 'jump in the mix' .

rybo
November 13th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Hey Mike,

The rules are very close to finalized, but I don't think there is any doubt that we will be allowing the previous generation N250 to participate. It will get an allowance for some additional modifications to bring it up to the level of the current generation bike, such as:

The fitting of current generation wheels to the older bike ( it can and has been done )

The fitting of a current generation OR an EX500 front end to the bike. (the EX500 front end is nearly identical to the current generation N250 front end, and it's always had a 17" wheel, so it's an easy way to make the conversion)

Glad you're thinking of joining in on the fun.

Scott

monument mike
November 13th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Thx Scott ,

This class seems to be the the easiest (economically) to get into .

Nxt - I did the last superstreet race @ HPR and was told that doing another one in the up coming season could equate to a novice license ...would I be better off just doing the race school in April instead ? (track & class time vs $)

R1-2NV
November 13th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Take the school if you can. Alot of track time with a instructor and a ton of fun. I took the school in 05 and after I took a year or 2 off I took it again
this year and it was good $$ spent for sure IMO.

Hope that helps.

PS did you get my PM?

monument mike
November 14th, 2010, 01:02 PM
It does..thanks .

rybo
November 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Mike,

I agree with the above. The SuperStreet program is really cool, but the race school is that program in high gear. A full day of instruction, track time and practice with some of our best riders and teachers.

The other advantage is that you'll get to start the season on schedule and not lose any points in your championship chase.

Scott

monument mike
November 14th, 2010, 07:15 PM
:D i'm sold...guess you'll see me @ the school !

Geoff85
November 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Just a word of warning. the early 250 engines are not that great of a design for racing they were pretty bad for street and for racing they could be hopeless.
Over the years they had a lot of issues mostly with the top ends. After working on a 2008 yesterday I found that they went to a more normal shim and bucket design rather then the rocker arms of the past. Should be way better for the track. in that you can pick up 08+ bikes in the 2k -2500 range,
any savings up front will not seem so worth while latter on. If you go with the old one be prepared!

jmaher
November 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Just a word of warning. the early 250 engines are not that great of a design for racing they were pretty bad for street and for racing they could be hopeless.

Can you define "early"?

Joe

Bueller999
November 15th, 2010, 07:42 PM

Can you define "early"?

Joe
First Gen pre '08

Jon
November 15th, 2010, 08:04 PM
As a recommendation for the fellow who posted this advice. He knows what he's speaking about as he, though modest, is very knowledgeable on engines. He's worked for Yamahas AMA Superbike team, M4 Suzuki, Muzzy Kawasaki, amoung others the last few years, has been an MRA two time #1 plate holder, worked for years in Yamaha WSB and built back in like 1993, one of the fastest EX 500's I've ever seen. If there was anyone who's word I would trust it would be his. I suggest his mad tuning skills to anyone who is interested in winning and to everyone to heed his advice. Like they say "In order to finish first, first you must finish"

Bueller999
November 15th, 2010, 08:58 PM
And he can build/ride a supermoto bike pretty darn well too :lol:

Hey Goeff, any more info on those ninjette race goodies?