PDA

View Full Version : Write-In candidate - VP of Rules and Tech 2011

eklew
November 2nd, 2010, 09:36 PM
Hello, my name is Elden Lew #415. For those that do not know me, I am a fairly new racer to the MRA. My wife, Jenn Hom #888, started racing in 2008 and I was her pit bitch. After some “friendly encouragement” I entered my first race at the end of the 2008 season at PPIR. I completed my first full novice season in 2009 and continued in 2010. I feel that now is the time to give back to the MRA.

Because of the success of the MRA last year, I believe that the MRA deserves more choices. I was not going to run for a board member position until I read that the unopposed VP of Rules and Tech candidate did not submit a bio for this position. Because of that, I want to mount a serious write-in campaign and show the passion and dedication that I have for our club.

As far as credentials to perform the tasks of VP of Rules and tech, I do not have the technical knowledge that the other candidate has. I have, however, worked as a technical inspector for Racing to Save Lives at Miller and VIR in 2007. I then worked as the lead tech inspector at R2SL at Miller in 2008 and 2009. I am also the lead tech inspector for a local track day organization, which I am sure you are all familiar with. In addition, I bring to the table a hard working attitude and a strong attention to detail. I would also like to think that I am very good at solving problems and utilizing my resources when I don’t have a solution on my own. One person can not possibly know everything, no matter how much he thinks he does! I have definitely been humbled in the past and I would be the first person to admit that I am not perfect.

The MRA, as I hear all the time, is like a second family to people. I don’t believe in that. I would rather spend my weekends with the MRA because honestly, my family is not as fun to hang out with!

I thank you for taking the time to read my bio. I certainly would appreciate the honor of being the VP of Rules and Tech for the MRA in 2011. To vote for me, simply write my name under the heading of VP of Rules and Tech.

Thank you for your vote!

Bartman
November 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Geez Elden I thought we were friends. :lol:

eklew
November 3rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
Geez Elden I thought we were friends. :lol:

Bart, we are friends. You know I have nothing but love for you. Think of it as healthy competition.

Bartman
November 4th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Really does not bother me at all, competition is good and I just wanted to bust your balls. I prolly should have done a bio but I spaced it. Of course this means a total tear down next year. :twisted:

d2dracer
November 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM
You guys should probably hug it out!

benfoxmra95
November 4th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Really does not bother me at all, competition is good and I just wanted to bust your balls. I prolly should have done a bio but I spaced it. Of course this means a total tear down next year. :twisted:

Well as long as we are busting balls like u said:

This "total teardown" you speak of....when will it happen? Because Id like to know if there will be a 3 hour delay to get my supersport bike to tech.

Clark can we change motors in 3 hours?

JK..

rybo
November 4th, 2010, 07:48 PM

For you if Elden wins?

or to check and see if he's actually asian?

eklew
November 4th, 2010, 10:13 PM

For you if Elden wins?

Whoa!!! Things just got weird!

KFinn
November 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM

For you if Elden wins?

Whoa!!! Things just got weird!and you have different expectations from this audience?

Slow learner

Clarkie
November 5th, 2010, 02:07 PM
JK..

I used to swap my GSXR1000 motors in under an hour..... :wink:

dave.gallant
November 5th, 2010, 02:40 PM
[quote=benfoxmra95]
JK..

I used to swap my GSXR1000 motors in under an hour..... :wink:[/quote

I used to drink beer and watch.

eklew
November 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Although I did not win, I wanted to thank those that did vote for me. I know that Bart will do an excellent job in 2011.