PDA

View Full Version : What classes

jmaher
October 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
So If I get lucky and hit the lottery, what classes would this bike be eligible for?

http://www.ridemission.com/

Joe

dave.gallant
October 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
So If I get lucky and hit the lottery, what classes would this bike be eligible for?

http://www.ridemission.com/

Joe

The bike or the girl?? :)

jmaher
October 22nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
yes. :wink:

dave.gallant
October 22nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
yes. :wink:

HAHA.

Well, in my undereducated opinion, I'd say the bike is legal for absolutely everything since we have no classifications for electric cycles. (I can't wait until we do!)

Now, as far as the girl, I'd say she be legal for...

Oh, why hello there Wyeth! So nice of you to read this conversation. :shock:

Munch
October 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
For $68,995, I'll take a Desmo please :)

Scored51
October 22nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
...we have no classifications for electric cycles. (I can't wait until we do!)

Flash forward to the 2035 rules change suggestion forum.

Suggestion: Eliminate the gasoline based class.

Reasoning: There are only three bikes still competing and it takes forever for them to run a sprint race of 7 laps. (For example: The HPR class track record is only 1:20.551.)

:lol:

Munch
October 22nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Suggested rule change in 2035

Add Ducati 749R to STGTU.

;)

dave.gallant
October 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Suggested rule change in 2035

Add Ducati 749R to STGTU.

;)

Who cares about STGTU.

WE WANT THUNDERBIKE!

:D

jmaher
October 23rd, 2010, 07:47 AM
[/quote]

WE WANT THUNDERBIKE!

:D[/quote]

Evidently I missed this on a thread. What is Thunderbike?

Joe

Bartman
October 23rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
Thunderbike AKA Euro Trash Class, its for all the weirdos out there who have to have something different(Hot Carl). :lol:

Scored51
October 23rd, 2010, 08:47 PM
Aside from Bartman's technical jargon, it's a true middleweight twins class with the triples thrown in for good measure. Basically, Ducati twins up to 850cc and the Triumph 675. All other twins "ride up" into the class, but no four bangers from the land of the rising sun.

I think many of us are hoping to see this class created to alleviate the recent stress of not being able to run a Duc 749R, 848, or any old punched out Italian twin in Super Twins GTU. I also think the Triumph guys would like to have a special place to call home.

sheispoison
October 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Thunderbike AKA Euro Trash Class, its for all the weirdos out there who have to have something different(Hot Carl). :lol:
But are the Triumphs really that oddball? I think there's more 675s in the club than there are ZX-10s! :shock:

dave.gallant
October 25th, 2010, 11:15 AM
But are the Triumphs really that oddball? I think there's more 675s in the club than there are ZX-10s! :shock:

And this is a good thing in my opinion.

When we say "oddballs", we are not referencing the bikes, only the riders.

:D

Bartman
October 25th, 2010, 02:43 PM

By its very definition a triple is odd, 3 odd 4 even(can't believe this is so hard for you to grasp Carl). I had a friend who used to come to every MRA race and he owned a Audi 5 cyl and a Triumph triple and I used to tell him that between his vehicles he had a V8. :lol:

sheispoison
October 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM

By its very definition a triple is odd, 3 odd 4 even(can't believe this is so hard for you to grasp Carl).

Thank you professor math.