PDA

View Full Version : MRA SuperStreet article in November RRW

oldtimer
October 7th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Woot! I've been working to get our SuperStreet program published in RoadracingWorld and we're finally in print! The November issue talks about the success of our program with pictures on page 84. In fact our story has attracted the attention of other race orgs who are asking for info on SuperStreet. Scott has been assisting RRW with this. :)

Congrats to all our members for supporting this program, it's been awesome and I'm proud of what we've accomplished. =D>

KFinn
October 7th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Congrats and thanks to all those involved in putting this together and maintaining the program.

Thanks to all those super street racers that have helped make it a success!

racedk6
October 7th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Super Street is AWESOME!

I will admit that it has gone a lot better then anticipated. 8)

lars
October 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Superstreet hooked me, Ill be back next year in the 250 class!

Bartman
October 12th, 2010, 03:16 PM

Dude just put 250 bodywork on the ex500gy and decimate the class. :lol: Nobody will know.

Hotrod
October 12th, 2010, 04:49 PM
EX250R is the future bike...ex500 had too much power.

I believe that is the first time I have ever heard that! Great sig! :D

lars
October 12th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Dude just put 250 bodywork on the ex500gy and decimate the class. :lol: Nobody will know.

the 500 was scary, terrible brakes, even worse suspension. at least those 250's looked somewhat sure footed...

lars
October 12th, 2010, 05:14 PM
EX250R is the future bike...ex500 had too much power.

ill let you take it out on the track if you want:) the 500 has FAR too much power for its brakes and suspension!

Scored51
October 12th, 2010, 07:59 PM

Lincoln - Even as slow as I was, I could have told you that. All those "Po Boy Racers" had overcooked noodles for frames and brakes like sticks of butter against hot corn-on-the-cob! :lol:

Lars - Just to let you know (if you didn't) your lap times during the Super Street race were good enough to have finished second in the Colorado Class race on Sunday. That also makes you the fastest EX500 at HPR in the MRA! The 500 is legal in that class out to 600cc AND its GP rules for the rest of the bike. Custom GP frames can still bought brand new from a couple of different sources. :shock:

Is that better Bob?

rohorn
October 12th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Custom framed EX500 engine? That sounds kinda weird...

d_mob
October 12th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Lincoln - Even as slow as I was, I could have told you that. All those "Po Boy Racers" had overcooked noodles for frames and brakes like sticks of butter against hot corn-on-the-cob! :lol:

Lars - Just to let you know (if you didn't) your lap times during the Super Street race were good enough to have finished second in the Colorado Class race on Sunday. That also makes you the fastest EX500 at HPR in the MRA! The 500 is legal in that class out to 600cc AND its GP rules for the rest of the bike. Custom GP frames can still had for the motor originating both here and across the pond. :shock:

Yeah, Lars is a FAST dude. He is gonna be a killer in NOV next year (assuming he is racing).

I've ridden with him on the street and at the track and his form, speed and style are all on point.

A good guy as well!

PS... One of the funnier things in the SS race was when Lars gave the dude in front of him the "number 1" hand gesture when he brake checked him in turn 3.

Scored51
October 12th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Custom framed EX500 engine? That sounds kinda weird...

Ooops! Didn't wanna mention nothin' local but... :-$ How 'bout this peach of a ride... http://www.rallytwin.com/
Check out the "Specs" tab to get the skinny, then check out the "Sales" tab for the price.

dave.gallant
October 12th, 2010, 10:19 PM
$68K?

Really?!?

rohorn
October 12th, 2010, 10:24 PM
... then check out the "Sales" tab for the price.

:shock: Had to read that a few times and count the zeros just to make sure...

lars
October 13th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Lars - Just to let you know (if you didn't) your lap times during the Super Street race were good enough to have finished second in the Colorado Class race on Sunday. That also makes you the fastest EX500 at HPR in the MRA! The 500 is legal in that class out to 600cc AND its GP rules for the rest of the bike. Custom GP frames can still bought brand new from a couple of different sources. :shock:

No kidding? thanks for passing that on, i appreciate the info.
If i can convince the wife that two race bikes in the garage makes sense ill try:) but i think buying and prepping the 250 is my toy for the year. we will see :?:

lars
October 13th, 2010, 06:42 AM
PS... One of the funnier things in the SS race was when Lars gave the dude in front of him the "number 1" hand gesture when he brake checked him in turn 3.[/quote]

Thanks dave, i need every bit coming out of 3 or i dont even see 100mph. when supersport bikes slow down there it kills the momentum :x