PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight classes question

Greenlawn Racing
October 3rd, 2010, 09:11 PM
Sorry for the newbie question - again. I raced with your club in June and am planning on coming out again this weekend.

Wanted to make sure I understood the SV 650 classes correctly:

STGTU
LWGP
LW Endurance
STGTO, however you are racing bigger bikes like 1098s

Scored51
October 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
You can also run Novice GTU and GTO, Amateur GTU and GTO... AND if the bike is a 2000 or older model, Modern Vintage GTU and GTO. So will you be running 8 or 10 races on your SV this weekend? :D

Greenlawn Racing
October 3rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
You can also run Novice GTU and GTO, Amateur GTU and GTO... AND if the bike is a 2000 or older model, Modern Vintage GTU and GTO. So will you be running 8 or 10 races on your SV this weekend? :D

Why limit myself to just 10 races? Can't I run Race of the Rockies Open? Can I run Ladies of the Rockies if I put on a wig?

Ok on a serious note...even though I'm an expert I can run Novice GTU? Thats a novice 600 class, isn't it?

Apologies again for my ignorance....I'm just an uniformed CCS/CMRA racer that hasn't learned the ways of the MRA yet.

Greenlawn Racing
October 3rd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Another dumb question - can you get into the track and set up pit Thurs night?

rybo
October 3rd, 2010, 11:32 PM
Hi Rich,

Scott here! Glad you're coming back and racing with us some more.

Your bike is best suited for the following classes:

Saturday:

LWGP
LW Endurance

Sunday:

Supertwins U
Supertwins O (yeah, you gotta race against the bigger bikes, but it's a pretty small class and other SV's will be there)

You are also eligible for these classes:

Amateur GTU (mixed novices / experts)
Amateur GTO

You could also race up into the HW endurance race on Saturday if you wanted.

Generally you can't get into the track on Thursday night to set up, but the racing doesn't start until Saturday. Friday is an open practice day at the track.

Feel free to drop me a message if you have any other questions.

Scott

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 4th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Can I run Ladies of the Rockies if I put on a wig?
Just so you know, Bartman does all rule compliance inspections .. and he's VERY thorough.

Scored51
October 4th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Ok on a serious note...even though I'm an expert I can run Novice GTU? Thats a novice 600 class, isn't it?

:oops: Apologies, I assumed your were a novice due to the nature of the questions. :oops:

Greenlawn Racing
October 4th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Just so you know, Bartman does all rule compliance inspections .. and he's VERY thorough.

Well I'm not getting surgery just so a dozen women can lap me this weekend - scratch that entry.

Rybo I lost your number. I do have a couple more questions.

Scored, you would probably think I'm a novice....but I'm just MRA ignorant.

Bartman
October 4th, 2010, 01:41 PM

I have not yet done a (winkwink) tear down of the ladies class but who knows it could happen at anytime. :twisted: