PDA

View Full Version : any word on Hot Carl

Bartman
September 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
You alive out there buddy or just doped up on pain killers?

Desmodromico
September 22nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
I'm sure he'll be on here, hope your hand is feeling better man!

rybo
September 22nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
I talked with Carl yesterday. All of the damage to his hand is beyond the knuckle, so no surgery for him, just recovery. He said the pain was still pretty intense, but was in good spirits.

cjmagnuss
September 22nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
His fingers and thumb are pretty mangled but we're gonna get him on a bike for the last round whether he's recovered or not!

sheispoison
September 22nd, 2010, 09:25 PM
hey guys, i'm here, but one handed typing is a pain in the ass! i'm going to see the hand doctor tomorrow, but the er doc told me that all the broken bones being past all the joints just need some time and should heal fine. it's my ring and index finger that are broken and my thumb is broken as well as was dislocated.
so here's what i think happened... i went into turn 5 just to the outside of jarred and ended up in the dirty stuff about 2 feet off the race line. everyone checked up just a bit and it put me still on the brakes in that gravity cavity that's there and the front went super fast. i guess my hand ended up under the bike. and that's how racing goes i guess.
i need to say thanks to the corner crew and paramedics for getting me straightened out, lacy for driving me to the er and home, my brothers for coming down and picking up the van, and a big thanks to fish, brian johnson and keller for loading all my shit and keeping an eye on my dogs. thanks guys! the mra family has been super supportive, thanks all!
carl

cromer611
September 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
i was right behind ya. yeah from my view it looked like you were a little off line after the pass and pretty wide in the dirty stuff. i remember seeing u go down, hearing a loud thud, followed by alot of scraping noises : (
glad your ok bud. i saw you holding your hand the next lap and after the race i couldnt get to you b4 u took off to the hospital
get well soon bud

JohnGarc
September 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Get well soon my man... I Miss seeing your yellow boots pass my slow ass...

Cheers,
John

Sol Performance
September 24th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear this dude!! Gonna try and make the next round then??

How is the bike?

Glad you are "ok"