PDA

View Full Version : Quick HPR Question

d_mob
September 20th, 2010, 06:57 AM
So, the fellas and I are going to get a garage @ HPR for next round.

From what I understand the top "regular" outlet will not run four sets of warmers. However, you can run two (or maybe three) on top and two (maybe three) on bottom from what I've been told.

My question is this, what adapter is needed for the bottom "RV" style plug-in? Also, am I incorrect to assume that it would run one or two sets of warmers with no issue?

Thanks in advance for the info --

PS... When and how do I go about renting the garage? I just did it day of for the last round. Sorry for the probably obvious question...

PSS... GREAT round this past weekend. Turn out seemed a bit low (could be me), but everyone that was there seemed to be in great spirits and I saw some really solid battles out on the track. I had one or two myself. The weather could not have been better and it really got me excited going into the last round @ HPR. Can't wait to expand the track list and head to Miller with this fine group! :wink:

rybo
September 20th, 2010, 08:43 AM
David,

I don't have the electricity question answered for you, but the rentals for the carports can be found here:

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/rv-reservations.html

The GECCO
September 20th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Each 30A stall (stalls #2 - #15) has (1) 20A duplex outlet (just like in your house, with two receptacles) and (1) 30A RV outlet (single receptacle). You should be able to run at least two sets of warmers on the 20A outlet. The adapters to allow you to plug a "regular" cord into the 30A outlet are already there, I installed them since the last MRA round. It simply converts the single 30A receptacle into a single 20A receptacle so I would recommend bringing a power strip or some other type of "splitter" in order to be able to plug multiple items into it.

Please note that the end stalls (1 and 16) are 50A service and do not have the adapters. The end stalls have (1) 50 outlet and (1) 20 outlet.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
September 20th, 2010, 09:26 PM
The adapters to allow you to plug a "regular" cord into the 30A outlet are already there, I installed them since the last MRA round.

Here's the adapter I use - which costs about $2.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-power-cords/reverse-adapter-30m-15f-lg.jpg

The GECCO
September 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM
yup, there's one of those on a cable at each stall now...