PDA

View Full Version : Season Finale Potluck?

chrobis
September 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Way back in the olden days, I recollect the club having a potluck dinner at the season finale at Second Creek Raceway.

Now that we again have a home track that isn't too far from Denver, has anyone (i.e., The Board) considered reinstituting that end of season tradition?

Okay, I will accept Tony's mild rebuke (below), and move this thing forward. If the results of this poll are promising, I will add another for category. I'm thinking: Entrée, Side, Dessert, Beverage.

Scored51
September 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Yes, it would be lucky to have some pot at the last race - but we'll have to wait until AFTER the race weekend to enjoy it. \:D/

motolitho
September 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Dude, didn't we already have this discussion?

:roll:

T Baggins
September 17th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Now that we again have a home track that isn't too far from Denver, has anyone (i.e., The Board) considered reinstituting that end of season tradition?

Why always "the board"...?

There's nothing in the bylaws that would prevent "any" member from stepping forward and planning something like this.

polar x
September 17th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Come on Tony :roll: its THE BOARD That's the only reason needed 8) Now you bringing beans or casserole? :lol:

T Baggins
September 20th, 2010, 09:09 AM
casserole I guess... :oops:

Jon
September 20th, 2010, 11:39 AM
As I won't be able to attend any such undertaking but have to ask,
Why wouldn't you allow the track's assigned food supplier Byers General Store) to undertake this. That way your track can reap the benefits opposed to not. Having people just bring out food to share is not going to be any benefit to them and why during these difficult times would you bow out now helping it grow?
Just my thoughts and of course I will make it if I can.

JohnGarc
September 20th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I can bring some spicy kickin Mexican Food that will make you have gas the rest of the Year.. haha, just say the word and its there. I'M IN!!!

T Baggins
September 21st, 2010, 07:42 AM
what is "meh"?

Hotrod
September 21st, 2010, 08:33 AM
Web geek speak for ambivalence...
How the hell a greaseball mechanic like myself knows that... Dunno... :D

nwatkins176
September 21st, 2010, 10:02 AM
I vote for the keg and band thing.

Hotrod
September 21st, 2010, 10:10 AM