PDA

View Full Version : Contractors Needed

willionaire
September 15th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Hey,
My basement flooded this week and I'm looking for local guys (trustworthy) that have experience in Carpet, Hardwood, Drywall, Cabinet refinishing, and possibly framing. PM me if you are interested yourself or know someone.

Thanks.

davy4575
September 15th, 2010, 09:50 AM
We do water and fire damage restoration. There is alot of subtleties that may need to be addressed with your basement and with your claim if you have filed. I can help you out with your claim and take care of the reconstruction. The adjuster can give you a beating if you dont have assistance.

Please feel free to call.

Davy
DBA Construction LLC
(720) 278 0202

glenngsxr
September 15th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Fred Roth does some amazing hardwood floor work. I'm sure he will pop on here.

willionaire
September 15th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks. I have a resotration company coming over today that the insurance company is sending. Once they figure out what's jacked I'm gonna start needing people. I will have everything assessed by tomorrow afternoon.

I know for sure carpet, hardwood, and drywall. The cabinets and framing I won't be sure of till tomorrow.

Fred, feel free to shoot me a PM with your contact info.

beavis
September 23rd, 2010, 09:27 PM
If you choose the ins company/restoration company for you repairs their pricing is so inflated its ridiculous. You can get their estimate and cash out with the ins company and you will come out ahead buy a long way. I did the same thing and was able to pocked about 5k.

davy4575
September 24th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Theres alot more to a loss than just cashing out. For one thing the carrier is only obligated to pay the actual costs of repairs incurred. Tho infrequent, you could actually get less than the ACV payment for your repairs. Another issue is how much the adjuster depreciates the repairs, and what the policy pays out on recoverable depreication.

Typically most adjusters write the estimate (scope of repairs) much lighter than a contractor will. Since contractors do NOT work for the insurance company, they work for the homeowner, its in thier interest and the homeowners interest to actually estimate the repairs for what they are worth and come to an agreed upon scope with the adjuster and owner.

Just a few basics for you to consider, there is a lot of myths about insurance funds and property restoration, best thing to do is ignore them and ask the pros.