PDA

View Full Version : BMX riding

sikwitit
September 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I want to know if anyone out there know's where I can buy a good BMX dirt bike and where the dirt tracks are???????? I grew up racing them, jumping them and street riding em. I'm all cracked out and would love to get back into it. It also is great training for us road racers. Please let me know. Thanx

Wes #515

loujr
September 13th, 2010, 11:00 AM
:shock: cracked out huh? derby bikes on 104th and grant has some good bikes....im pretty sure sky high bmx is still on kipling and 58th in that softball park just west of kipling

sikwitit
September 13th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Good lookin. If you here of anymore please let me know.

loujr
September 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM
not a problem....if u live south look up mojo cycles....not sure if they still do bmx bikes...stopped racing in 94

nwatkins176
September 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I raced in SoCal and most of the country untill about 91 or 92. I came back about 3 years ago and tried as a 30 year old. I remember I was pretty fast back then, but it is much different now days. The tracks are 20 times harder lots more jumps. The BMX kids are not effin around anymore. With that said, if I could get my bike up here, (It is still in Cali) I would be down to try some CO tracks.

There is a track in Aurora, but the city is letting it die and nobody is running it. That would be fun to contact the ABA and see if somebody can get that one going. It seems to be in a pretty good spot. Year round would almost be possible around here.

sikwitit
September 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Ya that track is off Chambers and Iliff and it keeps getting worse. I just want to jump. I know there are a bunch of hidden tracks around like in wood's and shit. Doubles, triples, fuuuuuuuun!!!!! I found some sweet ass bike and there not that much$$ I'm gettin 1.

glenngsxr
September 14th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I used to be sponsored by Diamondback for flatland. It was wicked fun and very tough. I'm not sure why it never garnered much respect. It had some good airtime in the 90's in the x-games, but not so much now.

All I ever needed was just a parking lot and I was good to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqCyTM1bF6Q

Glenn #62

loujr
September 14th, 2010, 09:24 AM
bmx racing was great...biggest win 93 grands in oklahoma as 13 I. should get a track day planned.

sikwitit
September 14th, 2010, 10:30 AM
That's awsome. Well I'm going to get a bike regardless and start jumping again. I'm 33 but in great shape and I just want another addiction on the off weekend's I'm not racing. There was a dope track off of Broadway and countyline, in the woods and it had some crazy doubles and step-ups. I should see if it's still there.

loujr
September 14th, 2010, 11:39 AM
sweet....i need to start training harder.....let gym membership go... :cry:

nwatkins176
September 14th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I used to be sponsored by Diamondback for flatland. It was wicked fun and very tough. I'm not sure why it never garnered much respect. It had some good airtime in the 90's in the x-games, but not so much now.

All I ever needed was just a parking lot and I was good to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqCyTM1bF6Q

Glenn #62

I remember flat land when I was racing always had much respect. When I was racing I was getting bikes from MCS. I wonder if they are still around. Anyhow I was watching X games, and some guy did a little flat land freestyle before he went into their ramp course thing. The announcers were saying, "He has a decent bit of vintage flatland freestyle." I immediatly felt old.

racedk6
September 14th, 2010, 03:34 PM
That's awsome. Well I'm going to get a bike regardless and start jumping again. I'm 33 but in great shape and I just want another addiction on the off weekend's I'm not racing. There was a dope track off of Broadway and countyline, in the woods and it had some crazy doubles and step-ups. I should see if it's still there.

There is a track off of Colorado and County line. Right behind the 7-11

phildrummond
September 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I bought D's BMX bike on DansComp.com. It's tough to find BMX racing bikes and not just jumping bikes. That's all I could find in town. Mojo Wheels in Littleton has a decent selection but what a bunch o' morons. When it came time to order (it wasn't in stock), they were a mess.

There are races at County Line BMX every Sunday April-Nov. Reg at 10. Races at 11. Done by 1. It's by the 7-11 and with all the ball fields.

sikwitit
September 16th, 2010, 09:11 AM
:lol: Oh hell ya I need to get back on that for real.