PDA

View Full Version : Tow Truck help

Ray-Ray
September 13th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I need to get my truck up to Brighton Ford from Aurora. I'm in need of cheap towing company. Anybody have a good contact?

Thanks....

rybo
September 13th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Ray,

We can rent a tow dolly today and just pull it up there ourselves....the mighty titan is available to help.

LMK - you have my number

rybo
September 13th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Ray,

Better yet.....Call the AMA and see if their free towing / roadside assistance plan can help. They've saved my arse a couple of times and it didn't cost me one cent more than my AMA membership.

Ray-Ray
September 13th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Ray,

Better yet.....Call the AMA and see if their free towing / roadside assistance plan can help. They've saved my arse a couple of times and it didn't cost me one cent more than my AMA membership.

Oh Yeah! I will call them today! Thanks Scott!

Scored51
September 13th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Ray, We can rent a tow dolly today and just pull it up there ourselves....the mighty titan is available to help.

LMK - you have my number

If you're thinking of one of those U-Haul deals, they have a ridiculously low max vehicle weight (less than 3,500 lbs). We thought about doing this with an '97 F250. The truck was double the limit on weight and it wouldn't have fit between the trailer wheels either.

My .02

Fastt Racing
September 13th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I am Dennis Stowers. I own a top notch Auto & Truck repair shop in Westminster. If you want Brighton Ford to work on your truck, do yourself a favor and call me first. If nothing else you will get some real advise on your best options. I am really busy usually, so give me a call if you want to get on the schedule this week sometime. AMA tow is good idea, also AAA, or if your insurance is State Farm or some others, they often will reimburse your towing expenses. 303-430-REPAIR.
.................................................. .................................................. ................................................(7 372)

Ray-Ray
September 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
AMA came to the rescue. Didn't cost me a dime. Dennis thanks for the info. I appreciate the offer. The only guy I trust to work on my truck is Chris Weed at Brighton Ford. Top notch diesel mechanic who takes great care of me.

Fastt Racing
September 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM
That's the key, find "A" guy that will take care of you, that knows what they're doing. I didn't know Brighton Ford had any good mechanics that would put up with their Dealership crap. Hopefully they get you squared away. I just didn't want to see one of the MRA just go blindly head off to the dealership to fix their truck, that always scares me. Have a great day guys.

Munch
September 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Curious to know what AMA covers, for non-bike related towing? It's great that they do...

Heck, what do they even cover for bike-related towing?

Ray-Ray
September 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Curious to know what AMA covers, for non-bike related towing? It's great that they do...

AMA roadside covered the entire tow for my F250 from Aurora to Brighton. Didn't cost me a dime.

dave.gallant
September 14th, 2010, 12:49 PM

AMA roadside covered the entire tow for my F250 from Aurora to Brighton. Didn't cost me a dime.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly:

Because you are a current AMA member, you got your tow for free?

Or, did you have to opt into roadside coverage initially for this to be available to you? (eg: are there different coverages available?)

Ray-Ray
September 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM

Let me make sure I understand this correctly:

Because you are a current AMA member, you got your tow for free?

Or, did you have to opt into roadside coverage initially for this to be available to you? (eg: are there different coverages available?)

If you renew your membership on-line AMA will include roadside emergency service with your membership FREE OF CHARGE!

Munch
September 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I just bought a new car in Chicago, wonder if they can tow it back here :wink:

Munch
September 14th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Ok, I did some googling, AMA Roadside covers:

■Coverage for bikes, cars, pickups, motorhomes and trailers registered to you, your spouse, and dependent children under the age of 24, living at home or away at college.
■Coverage in all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and Canada.
■Towing up to 35 miles.
■All dispatch and hook-up fees.
■Flat tire assistance.
■Mechanical first aid: minor adjustments (excluding parts) to repair the vehicle.
■Emergency fuel delivery.
■Wheel and tire road hazard coverage for the member's vehicles, including trailers.
■No exclusions for older motorcycles.
■Up to five dispatched service calls per year.
■Towing a disabled motorcycle or other vehicle to a shop or the member's home.
■Emergency Trip Interruption Service: Up to $100 a day for three days ($300) in reimbursement for meals and lodging if a member's car or motorcycle is disabled in an accident.
■Toll-free assistance available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from two national call centers.
■AMA Roadside Assistance pays first. No need to pay and wait for reimbursement.

nwatkins176
November 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
that is a lot better than AAA. AAA is hearby cancelled!