PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Triumph D675 with 53 miles. Only $6500+tax!!!

jbeldock
September 10th, 2010, 09:25 AM
This bike was low-sided at just 53 miles by a demo rider. Left side has rash, dented tank, and bent clip-on. The bike is otherwise fine and still rips just like it should with only 50 miles on it.
My loss, your gain.

Hurry, this bike is going away in the next 10 days.

Hotrod
September 10th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Is this the same 53 mile unit listed on your website at $5350.- ?

jbeldock
September 10th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Yes sir. As a dealer, we have to disclose fees. On the website, there is mention of adding fees of $1150 to the price which brings it up to $6500.

I figured for ease of working with a racer on this "hopefully" one-off situation, saying $6500+tax was more simple than $5350 +$1150 +tax but that is how it will look on the final invoice.

On the same note, msrp on a 2010 D675 is $10,499 +$1150 +tax which is what the bike was worth 30 seconds before a bad riding decision was made.

Like I said; my loss, your gain.

racedk6
September 10th, 2010, 05:36 PM
John can I borrow the Ape for OSS this coming round??? :twisted:

jbeldock
September 10th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Suuure. You gonna buy one the Tuesday after....?

jgixxer1
September 13th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Does it still have a clean title?

jbeldock
September 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Salvage title.

Pep620
September 17th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I'm confused. To have a salvage title would mean that there was an insurance claim right? So you got paid for the entire bike then you bought it back from the INS company for pennies on the dollar and are reselling it again with dealer fee's....

Instead of your loss is our gain it should read.

Your loss is your gain again
correct :?: :?:

You dealers kill me.........

jbeldock
September 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I'm confused. To have a salvage title would mean that there was an insurance claim right? So you got paid for the entire bike then you bought it back from the INS company for pennies on the dollar and are reselling it again with dealer fee's....

Wow. Such venom. I take it you are not interested in purchasing this bike from my dealership.
I will have some time after practice on Sunday in Pueblo before my first race. I hope that you will come seek me out so you can clue me in as to the insurance industry, the motor vehicle industry and the ins and outs of how my dealership should be run. After 20 years doing this, I will no doubt benefit from your insight.

Jon
September 17th, 2010, 07:34 PM
G'damn it John, If my x wifes attorney and her wasn't attempting to bleed me dry I'd be at your dealership tomorrow. First rate folks first rate service..........you not them...her and her attorney.

cactusjack
September 18th, 2010, 08:24 PM

Wow. Such venom. I take it you are not interested in purchasing this bike from my dealership.
I will have some time after practice on Sunday in Pueblo before my first race. I hope that you will come seek me out so you can clue me in as to the insurance industry, the motor vehicle industry and the ins and outs of how my dealership should be run. After 20 years doing this, I will no doubt benefit from your insight.

Wow. What do dealer fees pay for? Dealer prep and shipping? Don't tell me you can't insure against that. I can insure the skin on my....you know what...if I wanted to. Risk is something we all manage as we wish. If you don't know that after 20 years, well, there is an opening at the Glendale Wendy's for a night shift assistant manager.

And as far as managing your dealership...well, I am one of many fellow Duc owners (in my case, a prior owner) who long ago decided to never use your shop for service (because it was really, really bad). I used to ride to the Springs to get my work done and have to deal with transportation there and back without my bike. It was more than worth the hassle.

You put this at issue with your post. I wouldn't raise it out of the blue on this forum, but if you raised it, you bear the risk of unfavorable responses. But then you obviously don't get the concept of bearing risk.

My biggest regret about your dealership is that you have the coolest location of the Duc dealers in town. Such a waste.

ducati7044
September 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hey John I noticed from your website you were a big supporter of the "HOPE and CHANGE" candidate! How's that "hope and change" working out for ya?

By the way....I just got back from Southern Cali with my new Ducati Multistrada. It was cheaper for me to fly down there and buy one than to get it from you. At least that's what your salesman told me!

cromer611
September 21st, 2010, 05:22 PM
wow, is this bash beldock post or something? John has always been super cool with me, and the times ive gone into erico have always been awesome. Cool and friendly people that can always talk about their personal bikes and the bikes on the show room.

this thread would have been opened and closed already if i had the funds to buy this bike. but first one of you needs to buy my bike :wink:
ive never understood why people jump on bash bandwagons. how would any of you like it if people did the same to you?
chill the F out IMO. and if any of you want to bash someone, do it in person. cuz yall probly wouldnt be so tough and harsh then.

damn internet tough guys.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/codman123/inet_tough_guy.jpg

Islandermyk
September 22nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
John is a real cool guy... I wonder why the bashing, but the guy is just trying to sell a bike here and if you got the cash... then start negotiating over prices, salvage titles, insurance... whatever... with him.
The attacks on here aimed at John isn't cool... if there were issues with his place of business it should have been brought up to him in that moment. We could only help each other better things, right? :wink:

clee32
September 22nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Well it only got snippy when John decided to snap back. I think the original question of why there are dealer fees on a bike that has been totaled is a fair one. I do think however that if John said well it's 1100 mor because we fixed everything there would have never been a second guess.

Just seems that there is a double dip on the fees.

Not here to bash John or erico. But I think that there is a group of owners of a certain Italian bike that feels there is an issue with the service. How about we all play nice. John maybe ask how you can better your shop duc owners maybe give erico another shot. I know I would be willing to.

Even at the 6300 that bike is still a steal. Maybe if I lost 70lb I would be competitive on it.

OUTLAWD
September 22nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
I actually looked at the bike before the last meeting at the Nut. Being as its "totaled" I didn't think there would be fees, and the sales guy who showed it to me didn't happen to mention the fees, but I guess one shouldn't assume.

Other than some cracked bodywork and a clip-on, the thing is brand new...its a shame I don't have the cash...

The GECCO
September 24th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Well it only got snippy when John decided to snap back.
Where did he "snip back"?? Someone asked about the price discrepancy and John answered the question. Then he was attacked.

I think the original question of why there are dealer fees on a bike that has been totaled is a fair one.
Really? Why? He isn't allowed to run his business anyway he sees fit?

Just seems that there is a double dip on the fees.
Since you don't know for a fact if the fees were paid by insurance, you're just guessing, though, right? And even if it is a double dip, so what? It's his business to run as he pleases. If he wants to charge an extra $5k because there's a full moon, that's his choice. It's your choice to either pay it or take your money elsewhere.

and if any of you want to bash someone, do it in person. cuz yall probly wouldnt be so tough and harsh then.
No joke! Internet tough guys... :roll: