PDA

View Full Version : Racing at Miller with the USBA in 2011?

rybo
September 10th, 2010, 08:06 AM
We started this conversation at the general meeting on Wednesday night. I'd like to continue it here and get a feel for if we should schedule a combined round with the USBA for next season.

The USBA board has polled it's members and they would like to attend one of our rounds at HPR as well, but I think for the sake of this discussion it is irrelevant if they come here or not, this is about if you, our members, want to race at Miller next season or not.

Financially (for the club) it would NOT cost our club any additional funds to put on this event. For the away event the USBA would fund their own event and we would fund ours. No MRA staff would be "operational" at the event. We would use their pre-tech process, corner workers, ambulance etc.

This would likely REPLACE an existing round in the schedule, not add to the schedule. We've had a successful year with an 8 race schedule and it is my belief that we should continue that trend if possible.

So the real question is WOULD YOU ATTEND SUCH A RACE if we did it? Would the conditions be a factor?

Please vote in the poll above and let us know if you would be interested in doing this.

glenngsxr
September 10th, 2010, 08:35 AM
1) USBA is a great club to race with. Very friendly and they have some fast folks out there as well.

2) Miller.....need I say more. It would add yet another track into the MRA arsenal.

3) I would suggest doing it early in the year, maybe round 3 or 4 while funds for most people are plentiful.

4) Try to get everyone together to share costs. Trailers, carpooling, lodging, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

HAMMER
September 10th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Would we run our classes ? Or fit into there's ,,

Miller is a blast . Id go for sure

rybo
September 10th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Their classes are substantially similar to ours, so we would run their classes and make a conversion for points to our season point totals.

S

oldtimer
September 10th, 2010, 09:59 AM
If this gets serious, I would ask if we could go for MoM's May perimeter round. They've been scheduling it just before the Lucas Oils Superbike Challenge (in conjunction with WSBK), which is also run on the perimeter course. Quite a few of our riders have raced the LOSC in the last 2 years, this would give our guys an advantage in 2011. Also that course is supposed to be amazing.

The GECCO
September 10th, 2010, 10:17 AM
The USBA board has polled it's members and they would like to attend one of our rounds at HPR as well, but I think for the sake of this discussion it is irrelevant if they come here or not, this is about if you, our members, want to race at Miller next season or not.

Their classes are substantially similar to ours, so we would run their classes and make a conversion for points to our season point totals.

If this is the case, I don't think it's irrelevant whether or not they reciprocate by having a points round here.

This was a major sticking point when I tried to negotiate a similar deal a few years ago. The problem is that if we (MRA) hold a points event by basically blending into their event, you are forcing our members to earn MRA points by participating in an event that is not governed by the MRA. The outcome of any disputes, etc would be out of the control of our officials. My opinion is such a thing should only be imposed on our members if the other club is willing to reciprocate. They are getting the benefit of our members filling their grids, we should get the same in return.

I'm pretty sure I can dig up the string of emails that went back and forth between me and the USBA officials, it may serve as a good starting point in the discussions as we had all the class combination details fully worked out. It fell apart when their members voted against doing a reciprocal points round in Colorado. If I can find them I'll forward the relevant parts.

KFinn
September 10th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Some comments were brought up at the meeting. I would like to add one of them I can remember for those that were not present.

1. If they could come as close as possible to our race class entry fees and Friday track day fees it would help. If they are too high it could seal the death for those who or on the borderline of going.

2. MRA members carpooling to help cost of travel.

I personally would LOVE to go to Miller once in my lifetime. And if I can go at no cost to our club and still earn points in my race for it?!?! That is a sweet deal. Just not sure I can swing a 1000.00 race weekend for it though. (I am sure this is also the case for others) I could see squeezing out 300-600 though.

Hotrod
September 10th, 2010, 10:45 AM
1) USBA is a great club to race with. Very friendly and they have some fast folks out there as well.

2) Miller.....need I say more. It would add yet another track into the MRA arsenal.

3) I would suggest doing it early in the year, maybe round 3 or 4 while funds for most people are plentiful.

4) Try to get everyone together to share costs. Trailers, carpooling, lodging, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed on all points.
Great that it is at no cost to our club.

HOWEVER

All these great things are still true if you just go race one round with them on your own. Making it a round on our schedule forces anyone who wants to compete for a championship position to go. The distance raises costs in more ways than just fuel. It would require me to take additional time off from work. Car pooling won't fix that.

The way I see it, other than more of them coming out to fill our grids at our reciprocal event... we gain absolutely nothing over just going on our own without making it a "required" round on our schedule.

I understand that some people have a lot more disposable income and free time than I do. Great! That's life... But go race it on your own. Using that extra income and time off to "force" me to choose between points and other responsibilities isn't cool.

I don't think miller is a do-able round for me. That makes me start out my season knowing that I can forget about any shot at a decent points total for the year.
That puts a bad taste in my mouth before the season even starts and I am sure that I am not the only one that doesn't like the thought of being stretched over a barrel like that.

Scored51
September 10th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Their classes are substantially similar to ours, so we would run their classes and make a conversion for points to our season point totals. S

And what about the classes that aren't substantially similar, like the proposed Ninja 250 class, and other small displacement bikes?

Based on our previous experience going to Miller and running our own event, I can't see how it's possible to think this could turn out any differently than the last time. The attendance was dismal, and that was all before we were blaming the economy for our shrinking numbers. It may not cost the club anything due to an arrangement with USBA, but the members of our club will be forced to shell out travel expenses that directly equate to running at least an additional round here in Colorado. However, when the idea of adding an additional round for 2011 was suggested at the general meeting it was deemed, "Not a good idea due to the economy, finances, etc."

The opportunity costs are high as well. Why would the club want to give up nearly 15% of it's ability to generate revenue throughout the year just to run at Miller? Jeff Brown pointed out at the meeting that up until this year there was a regular contingent from the MRA traveling to compete in the MoM series. Why they have stopped? If those who were dedicated to racing at Miller without our club aren't traveling, how are we to convince those who didn't want to travel before hand?

HAMMER
September 10th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Even to run it with no points would be fun .

racedk6
September 10th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Even to run it with no points would be fun .

Lol you are just saying we go run it on our own and not with the MRA then ;)

JWinter
September 10th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Is this really what we want to do??? Hastings was closer, had our schedule, our point classes, and we still had a poor turnout.

We experts who fight year after year will do this...But the novices which we NEED to help make a race weekend work will more than likely not travel. Near as I can tell that was our demise at Hastings was the lack of novices showing up that far away.

We all have worked hard and spent alot of $$ to get the club back into a healthy state, why would we take a chance and do this??? If this flops how much money are we going to lose? Even if track rental cost is the same, what is going to be the magic number for riders? 120 riders signed up? This has disaster written all over it. If memory serves me, we had a poor turnout the one and only time we tried this before at Miller.

Let's put our efforts into something else that we can all benefit from. I have yet to hear people talk about how the contingency keeps getting less and less. When are we going to address that? We need to attract more attention to our club, which will bring more money in and hopefully in the form of cash payouts or more vendors offering contingency. This is how the AMA survives or other organizations for that matter.

My 2 cents, Jeff

froth
September 10th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I raced at Miller the first time(when we went, we raced, we lost our shirts), and it has a special place for me, 'cause I got my knee down for the first time there.

That being said, after reflection, they have not really come out here, essentially ever. So, if we go for it, I'll do it if I can swing the money, because it WILL be a lot of fun. Again, they don't seem to travel well.

If the economy turns rapidly around.....ignore everything I just said, I'll be there.

oldtimer
September 10th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Throwing in my .02....personally I don't think the club should travel yet. Let's finish this year strong and build on our recovery in 2011.

Jon
September 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM
As far as you guys running the perimeter track be forewarned that that round was a combined round with WERA with them helping to foot the bill for the perimeter track. if indeed the MRA showed up to that would be a huge turnout but the combining of all your,(MRA) our (USBA) and their(WERA) classes may become a problem. However as far as I know the USBA classes are very similar to yours and so that wouldn't be but your super stock(sport) classes don't transfer very well over to theirs and the rules between the two aren't always going in the same direction.
Lastly, the Mra regardless has seemed to always not be so much of a club that like's traveling so you can't always bank on the early season enthusiasm. Hope to see it happen though as I still have a few friends amongst you. You guys will love the track and the club as it's truly world class.

Fairbanks
September 10th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I will be there if its on the schedule

I agree we should be there. Truly world class track. I raced the MRA event (first and only) there and it was epic. Racing to save lives has always been a good time but not like racing. Just do it!

N1K
September 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Full course and I'm there. EVEN if its the only race I run I'm there. Just need to know When forsure forsure so I can get off work now.

rforsythe
September 12th, 2010, 04:06 PM
We all have worked hard and spent alot of $$ to get the club back into a healthy state, why would we take a chance and do this??? If this flops how much money are we going to lose? Even if track rental cost is the same, what is going to be the magic number for riders? 120 riders signed up? This has disaster written all over it. If memory serves me, we had a poor turnout the one and only time we tried this before at Miller.

Like the man with the shiny head said, it would cost the MRA $0 as the club would simply piggyback onto a USBA round. The MRA puts out no money for it whatsoever. The only potential loss is profit from a round here, which has existed this year but not massively.

The question is really how many would go each way to do it. Those in a points chase would have to, but that also goes both ways (i.e. USBA points leaders would have to come here, which helps generate revenue as well).

I think fiscally it may not be a big deal. Whether racers from each club would attend if points were on the line (or just for fun), I don't know. USBA riders that have been at HPR love it and were talking about it when Rybo and I were out there. MRA riders of course like the Miller track (who wouldn't?) and I know a bunch of us have been on it already. Whether either side will suck up the added $200 in fuel to run it en masse, I don't know.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
September 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
...personally I don't think the club should travel yet. Let's finish this year strong and build on our recovery in 2011.
I'm with Wyeth & Jeff.

I can't remember if we've ever had a financially successful event out of state. The last Hastings event almost cratered the season because of poor turnout. And it was a double header!

Also, I'll echo what Todd is saying - in that if we force MRA participation by making MMP a points event, we'll likely get more MRA racers blowing off home events due to being out of the points. In effect, we could decrease our regular MRA race attendance by having an MMP event.

For those who want to go to a USBA event, pay their entry fees, use their tech, staff, and run their classes, why not just go? The *only* downside is that you won't get MRA points for racing with another club - is that so important?

Hotrod
September 13th, 2010, 07:57 AM
For those who want to go to a USBA event, pay their entry fees, use their tech, staff, and run their classes, why not just go? The *only* downside is that you won't get MRA points for racing with another club - is that so important?

Precisely where I was going with that.

And you are correct, if I am out of contention any way, then I will just pick and choose a couple of rounds that look like fun and take the family fishing and camping the rest of the time.

glenngsxr
September 13th, 2010, 08:04 AM
The USBA folks have not come out here because we have not had a track worth coming out here for...until HPR. If you were in Utah, with Miller in your backyard, would you make a special trip out to Pueblo? Probably not.

All this discussion has brought up some good points and I think there is enough negative interest to assume that this will just not fly at the moment.

We have a new 250 spec class coming on board hopefully. The economy still sucks for a lot of folks. Let's hold off on this one until we are in better financial shape.

With that being said, it does not have to be a political battle over which club goes to which clubs rounds or anything like that. We just tell USBA that we have to be conservative right now and it just won't make sense for the MRA.

Glenn #62

Clarkie
September 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM
There have been a few USBA racer's make the trip to HPR so it isnt really fair to say they havent, when they have, by themselves, with no incentive but to ride the track

Desmodromico
September 13th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Ok everybody needs to remember the MRA can't lose money at this deal, so it comes down to racers paying to go there.

Look at how many people were quick to say yes to PPIR at the meeting, well here is a track with better amenities AND safety! Yes it is 8 hours away but come on, how many if you could split gas and pack into trailers, split hotels, cook at the track etc. If it meant running at that facility?

peteyt328
September 13th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I might have said no before seeing the track... after going to WSBK, I would definitely give up a local race or a couple track days to make it out there!

Bartman
September 13th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ok everybody needs to remember the MRA can't lose money at this deal, so it comes down to racers paying to go there.

Look at how many people were quick to say yes to PPIR at the meeting, well here is a track with better amenities AND safety! Yes it is 8 hours away but come on, how many if you could split gas and pack into trailers, split hotels, cook at the track etc. If it meant running at that facility?

OH yes we can lose money if we go to Miller, while it is true the weekend will be run by the USBA and will not cost the MRA as a club to go but the expense for a racer to go there just in travel expenses will almost be the cost of a whole MRA weekend. SOOO that means some people may not be able to come to some of the MRA rounds which will cost us money.
For me it makes no sense for the MRA to go as a club, to much to lose with nothing to gain. I have been to Miller many of times and run all configs exept perimiter and would love to go back but if and when I do go I will just run with the USBA. It is just that simple, if you want to go to any track just GO and race there you do not need the MRA to be there.

glenngsxr
September 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM
There have been a few USBA racer's make the trip to HPR so it isnt really fair to say they havent, when they have, by themselves, with no incentive but to ride the track

I was referencing the USBA having a "round" at an MRA track. There has def been USBA people come out and do our events.

marty
September 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
why don't we put an in intentional gap in our schedule. for example, we don't run any mra races in say june, if anyone wants to go to a usba race in that month they would be able to go without racing two weekends in one month. no one would loose points by being forced to run an out of state race to maintain a season. with coordination, maybe usba could put a gap in their schedule the next month so their racers could make a voluntary trip out here

just a thought

Scored51
September 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM
why don't we put an in intentional gap in our schedule. for example, we don't run any mra races in say june, if anyone wants to go to a usba race in that month they would be able to go without racing two weekends in one month. no one would loose points by being forced to run an out of state race to maintain a season. with coordination, maybe usba could put a gap in their schedule the next month so their racers could make a voluntary trip out here

just a thought

I believe our regular schedule is already consciously organized to minimize the conflicts with the MoM series, and has been for a couple of years.

marty
September 13th, 2010, 03:53 PM

just a thought

I believe our regular schedule is already consciously organized to minimize the conflicts with the MoM series, and has been for a couple of years.

yes but for the most part you would need to be able to afford to race twice a month versus one race weekend per month by just racing with the mra. for those of us who work weekends, its much easier to get two or three days covered in a month instead of every other weekend.

T Baggins
September 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Marty, marty, marty... we've missed you. :wink:

Actually we put a minimum of a two-week break between every round this year, and two rounds have a three week break between so that people can recover physically and financialy, and maybe, just maybe have a life outside of the MRA...

I fully intend to do the same thing for 2011 if possible.

Desmodromico
September 13th, 2010, 05:51 PM
How many people would we lose to the extra expense? Is it more than we already lose at Pueblo and PPIR because they don't want to run there?

If we run all our rounds at high plains we lose people from boredom, no matter what we do we lose some, but is it too many to make it feasible?

marty
September 13th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Marty, marty, marty... we've missed you. :wink:

Actually we put a minimum of a two-week break between every round this year, and two rounds have a three week break between so that people can recover physically and financialy, and maybe, just maybe have a life outside of the MRA...

I fully intend to do the same thing for 2011 if possible.

hi tony :D

i really liked the schedule this year for just that reason. still bummed i didn't have the finances to race this season.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
September 13th, 2010, 11:55 PM
if you want to go to any track just GO and race there you do not need the MRA to be there.

Exactly. If you can stomach not collecting MRA points, you can race Miller, Firebird, Thunderhill, Willow Springs, Las Vegas, Infineon, Portland, Topeka, Mid-America, Road America, Brainerd, Hallett, Barber, even Daytona with fresh paving this spring!

davy4575
September 14th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Hmm, Hopefully a couple somewhat objective observations. Prefaced by: Im a novice, this is my first year racing so I dont have background of hastings and out of state rounds.

In reading the responses here, Im wondering about a couple possible solutions 1) Is the proposed date at miller not on one of our race weekends as that would make a huge difference to alot of us (We dont want it cock-blocking our own rounds, especially if there is no points for it)
2) Is it possible that we go as individuals to go race it, but those of us that do go are still representing the MRA, basicly making it informal rather than the club going formally. (Same results, just more up to the individual)
3) Can we get some sort of discount as an MRA member there. Even a token gesture would be nice.

Thanks

For me personally, Its damn near as expensive for me to go to pueblo, so Im going to go ride/race there just to experience it because its on my list of things to do before my number gets punched.

Fastt Racing
September 14th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I'm goin travelin with Brewer next season. Can we also hit Laguna pretty Pleeeeease Jim?

Bartman
September 14th, 2010, 09:52 AM
From Denver it is less than 2 hours to either Pikes or Pueblo where as Miller is 8 to 11 hours depending on trailer size so when you factor in time off as well as fuel it get very expensive. So for most of the MRA it is just not feasible and we made the schedule to not match up with the USBA so our members could go and race there.

Scored51
September 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
In reading the responses here, Im wondering about a couple possible solutions 1) Is the proposed date at miller not on one of our race weekends as that would make a huge difference to alot of us (We dont want it cock-blocking our own rounds, especially if there is no points for it)
2) Is it possible that we go as individuals to go race it, but those of us that do go are still representing the MRA, basicly making it informal rather than the club going formally. (Same results, just more up to the individual)
3) Can we get some sort of discount as an MRA member there. Even a token gesture would be nice.

I'm sure these are the same stipulations everyone who answered the third option in the poll, "Yes, but..." However, what your suggestions boil down to is racing one of the USBA regularly scheduled rounds that doesn't conflict with an MRA date with a reduction in registration fees because it's what your used to paying.

I don't mean to raz you Davy, but if the clubs are going to have a joint event, the members of both clubs (en mass) will need to put out more than usual to make it happen. It's kinda funny now that we have HPR. When the event swapping was first proposed between the clubs, all we had was Pueblo to offer the USBA. Miller was brand new, so why would the their members put out the cash and additional 20+ hours of travel time to ride a track that didn't hold a candle to what was in their back yard. I don't mean to suggest we shouldn't ride at Miller because they didn't want to come down here. However, if this event is going to happen it will cost everyone of us additional time, money, and effort to run our full season.

I believe this club would have a better opportunity for making a profit by scheduling a round for the 2011 season at Hastings than it does inlcuding a round at Miller. BUT I'm not suggesting we do that either. In the end, the MRA Board will need to decide if it can hold a points awarding event where the percentage of attendees most likely include those who have answered "no" or "yes, but..." as well as a percentage of who answered "yes" but won't be there on the grids when the green flag flies.

One last thought. I previously stated in another post it would not cost the club anything to run at Miller under a USBA event. This is actually false as we were told at the last general meeting there would be some board member pay if specific duties were deemed necessary and not reduntant between the clubs.

T Baggins
September 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
not to mention the "lost revenue opportunity" which is variable. to date, though, we've made somewhere between $1100 and $4500 per event (excepting the school of course...)

glenngsxr
September 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM
not to mention the "lost revenue opportunity" which is variable. to date, though, we've made somewhere between $1100 and $4500 per event (excepting the school of course...)

That's too much Tony. I demand that you be thrown in front of congress and grilled.

On a serious note, that is great. At least we are not losing money. What would that figure look like if we had no HPR (assuming all other variables stay the same)?

Hotrod
September 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Glenn said:"That's too much Tony. I demand that you be thrown in front of congress and grilled.

On a serious note, that is great. At least we are not losing money. What would that figure look like if we had no HPR (assuming all other variables stay the same)?"

I don't think that is an answerable question. At the very best you are gonna get some seriously fuzzy math. Reason being: I would bet a good deal that a significant portion of our current economic standing is due to the racer and spectator turn out that I don't for a second think we would have gotten without HPR.

davy4575
September 15th, 2010, 01:42 AM
No worries Chris. I voted that Id go run it anyway there just to do it. I just personally want to experience the track. Im going to set aside money to do it next season. Im retarded enough to do stuff like that, thus why the wife adopted the prefix "ex" to her name, but I wouldnt want to obligate others to do so.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
September 15th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I'm goin travelin with Brewer next season. Can we also hit Laguna pretty Pleeeeease Jim?
Sure! But as far as I know there aren't any club events there. :-( True?

chrobis
September 15th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I had initially (i.e., at last Wednesday's general meeting) put myself in the 'Yes, but...' crowd, but after reading the thoughtful postings above have voted as 'No'.

The primary argument for my decision is that it doesn't seem like the value to those who want it is enough to force all of us to go just to maintain our MRA point standings. As was pointed out, we are already free to join them at any of their rounds; it just seems that the step to making it a 'mandatory' round is rather large.

I'm not saying that I don't want to go to Miller - I rode there under the auspices of R2SL in its (and my) first year and would enjoy the opportunity of doing it again, especially if the full perimeter course were available.

That being said, I think that there are things that we can do to reduce the size of the next step while also gaining actual data on cross club participation. If, 1) (as has already been suggested), both clubs were to make a concerted effort to open up their respective schedules so that there were opportunities for members of both clubs to make the trek without cramming races too closely together - in essence allowing for a 9 race season with regular spacing, and 2) the trek were promoted by both clubs to their respective members ("If you're thinking of going, try to go for their race #x"), then we might be able to test the waters for a mandatory round in 2012. (By 'open up' I mean that we would schedule a five or six week gap between two of our rounds while they would have an available round in the middle; they would do the same at another point in the season.)

As an aside, it has been stated in the past that those spoiled Utah racers may not have the gear to run at our hick-town track: Glenn has remedied that in great part by the construction of the electrified carports at HPR.

d_mob
September 15th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but I just wanted to throw out a few things while I have a few minutes waiting here at the airport (on a freaking delayed flight to Salt Lake of all places!)...

First, I am shocked that the "no" votes are even close to the "yes" votes. I wonder what percentage of the "no" crowd have actually been to Miller?

I've been to Miller three times. First to ride in 08' and twice for SBK events. The track rivals Laguna and even some international tracks that I've been to (e.g. Sachsenring, etc). It is really a shame that as a racing organization and fans of the sport, we don't go one state left for a race at a truly world-class facility for at least one race in the season.

Hell, my buddy James who is a rookie racer and had never even done a track day before this season was keen on heading there just to ride one of their rounds this year.

Everyone talks about the "cost to the club". There is no associated "cost" from a monetary perspective and I honestly (IMO) don't think adding it would change attendance at future HPR or other regular rounds.

What about if we give everyone one lowest-score "wipe" round. That way for those who didn't want to attend, this wouldn't count against them in points? Has this been discussed?

PS... There is a flip-side to the "no cost" argument. I'm tempted to head to Miller in place of our last round for the full track and USGPRU races. I've decided against it, but we do run the risk of attrition due to not running other tracks, no?

PSS... It takes me 7 hours to get to Miller (with bike in tow). The same amount of time it took me to get to Hastings.

peteyt328
September 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Whoever thinks Hastings would provide a better turn out than Miller is on some good stuff! I don't know of too many ppl who wouldn't drive an extra hour or two to ride Miller over Hastings, especially given the rate at which that track had gone downhill with their drunken school bus adventures! Hotels seemed affordable when I was there, between car pooling and splitting rooms, or sleeping at the track if thats allowed, I think the trip wouldn't be "tooo" much more than a local wknd. I do agree that doing it in between two MRA races, at 3 week intervals, would be a little much for most ppl. I think we would have to do it together as a club, or leave a bigger window with no MRA races where riders are encouraged to go out. Just my $.02

Scored51
September 15th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Whoever thinks Hastings would provide a better turn out than Miller is on some good stuff! I don't know of too many ppl who wouldn't drive an extra hour or two to ride Miller over Hastings...

I wasn't really suggesting it would be better or worse. It's just that that club would have the opportunity to make a profit whereas there isn't any at Miller period. Although I wonder what the exact numbers were at the two tracks. I'm thinking it would be a close call because as it took two days to lose roughly $16,000 at Miller versus the break even or a slight loss days at Hastings. Of course, it only took three days last year to go $23,000 in the hole at Hastings.

evomach
September 16th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Maybe you could make it a points round only for your top expert classes. Those are usually motivated racers and have the largest payouts to offset expenses. Then use peer pressure, etc to get others to come along to the race weekend, try for trophies, experience, learn etc.. without forcing all the guys with no funds, not enough classes for their bikes, no time, strict probation officers, blah, blah, blah to miss out on their MRA season points. They can go run UTSBA classes or stay home and hear about how great it was at the next round.

Similar to AMA, MotoGP, WSBK combined wknds, run the big classes make it an official MRA round, but the lower budget "support" classes don't run. Others could run UTSBA races (without reciprocity fees). The fact that MRA is officially there may bring more guys along to ride with people they know, carpool, share hotels, RV space, whatever.

Sullys
September 30th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Is anyone willing to take my bike back from the Track October 9th -10th to West Denver? I'll help pay gas? Let me know.

Thanks Sully
720-253-8505

rybo
September 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Sully,

We have a round here on those same dates, so I think it's unlikely that any of our riders will be out your way.

Scott

Blue Junk
September 30th, 2010, 03:34 PM
We might cenacle to get it there before the weekend. If this helps let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Where is the bike?

Jon
October 3rd, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hey Mark,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I'm a fairly busy guy so I apoligise.
Regardless, I understand you changing your mind about us transporting it. I was going to offer to just carry it in the bed of the truck opposed to having to rig up something in the trailer due to my SST system. The other racers heading out trailering their bikes will have the more conventional tiedown method, I just prefer mine as it's proven more secure and safe.
I'll see you on the 8th,
Jon