PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run video in NGTU?

cactusjack
September 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
I got a fair bit sideways coming out of 15, actually thought I had binned it (make that I was absolutely sure I had binned it), but somehow the bike came back around and I kept going...and I want to see if anyone happened to catch it on camera. At the time, I was running probably just outside the top 10, and it happened before the halfway flags came down, so I'm guessing lap 3 or so. Got passed by about three bikes while the bike sorted itself out on the straight (the rider didn't get sorted until a bit later than that!).

Near misses always feel more extreme than they look, so I'm curious to see how it looked to an objective observer.

Thanks.

smiley613
September 1st, 2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, holy crap I thought you were done. Unfortunately, I was not running a camera, but I was just behind you and to the outside when you decided to learn how to fly. I was looking for an escape route when you came back down on the bike and kept going. That was a great save, really spectacular; you were fully off the bike and it was a looong way sideways. I'm glad you didn't toss it away.

cactusjack
September 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah, holy crap I thought you were done. Unfortunately, I was not running a camera, but I was just behind you and to the outside when you decided to learn how to fly. I was looking for an escape route when you came back down on the bike and kept going. That was a great save, really spectacular; you were fully off the bike and it was a looong way sideways. I'm glad you didn't toss it away.

Thanks for the play by play! Sounds like it looked about how it felt. My engine kept cutting out when really on the throttle at corner exits. Usually it would just wobble the bike and sort itself out again, but that one was bad. After that little adventure, I started going in hotter and taking it easy on exits, until I overlooked it into turn one and surfed my kneepuck hard all the way to track edge before the front regained traction. At that point I was out of ideas - couldn't exit hard and reached a limit on how much I could compensate with entry speed. Luckily my transmission blew not long after that in turn five, so the traction problem was solved. :roll:

All in all a very busy race!