PDA

View Full Version : SMRI Article Thanking the MRA

oldtimer
August 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
For those of you who don't know, our neighbor club the SMRI came to us this year and asked if they could borrow our Air Fence. They have very limited track options in New Mexico, and the available track has some questionable safety sections. The board discussed the importance of racer safety, our long relationship with a sister club, and agreed to send our Air Fence down while we weren't using it.

Tony just informed us that there was a serious crash at their recent event and one section of our Air Fence was damaged, AND IT SAVED A RACER'S LIFE. We are all so thankful that the rider is ok. The Air Fence will be repaired, but more importantly the racer is ok!

Kim Prichard, who races with both us and SMRI, wrote the following article thanking the MRA. Thank you and all the other SMRI racers for racing with our club Kim, we love having you here and we're glad we could help.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=41725

N1K
August 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I did not know this, GOOD for us !!!

cromer611
August 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM
hell yeah

asp125
August 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I have a friend who races superstreet down there, and he too says thanks MRA! Good job, guys and gals.

ZiaThunder
August 30th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I would love to take the credit for writing the press release, but I'm not that good of a writer. Kurt wrote it.

I was very happy that we had that air fence, I was following the guy and watched him hit it. I was behind him, when he cooked it into the corner. I was quite a sight, and I was very happy to see him jump up from it.

This is just one of the many reasons that I love coming up there to race with all of you.

Cheers
Kim

froth
August 31st, 2010, 07:07 AM
Now that's new I can start my day with! :D