PDA

View Full Version : Race season storage at HPR? What would you pay?

The GECCO
August 20th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Hello All,

I'm investigating a program to provide secured car/tool/equipment storage at the track. The storage would be via an 8' x 40' shipping container, you provide the lock. There would be no power, lights, etc. Not designed to be a shop, just storage. You would be welcome to USE them as a shop and work in them if you'd like, but you would have to provide your own power source, lighting, etc.

This poll is specifically for storage during the seven month race season ONLY (April 1 - October 31), and you would most likely have to commit to the entire season. There is another poll for year-round storage.

So, please answer the poll regarding how much you would be willing to pay for this. I have some ballpark prices regarding what MY cost would be to provide the containers, just need to know if there is likely to be a sufficient income stream.

Also, if you have more than a passing interest in this program, please post up some contact info and I will be in touch.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
August 22nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
I know several of us haul our big-ass(tm) trailers back an forth to the track for each race. I would be interested in an option to park my 5th wheel there between races - not in a container or an RV spot, just a ground spot.

The GECCO
August 22nd, 2010, 07:52 PM
I know several of us haul our big-ass(tm) trailers back an forth to the track for each race. I would be interested in an option to park my 5th wheel there between races - not in a container or an RV spot, just a ground spot.

Jim, I would be fine with this, with one caveat. In order to preserve paddock space for the other events your trailer would need to be parked in the dirt instead of the asphalt or gravel. Anything that sits unoccupied for long during the summer, especially in the dirt, will get mouse infested in a hurry. This would have to be prepared for. I've thought about some vertical sheet metal "shields" to go under/around the wheels and jacks and anywhere else the trailer touches the ground, something that the mice can't climb. I need to make some up for my own trailer and see how effective they are.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
August 23rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
Anything that sits unoccupied for long during the summer, especially in the dirt, will get mouse infested in a hurry.
Ugh .. that would suck.

I've thought about some vertical sheet metal "shields" to go under/around the wheels and jacks and anywhere else the trailer touches the ground, something that the mice can't climb. I need to make some up for my own trailer and see how effective they are.
I found a post or two on http://www.rv.net on keeping mice out. They're talking about electronic sonic things, traps, etc. One guy succinctly said,

people have been trying to keep them out of places for centuries and had very little success long term

Ugh again ..

The GECCO
August 23rd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Anything that sits unoccupied for long during the summer, especially in the dirt, will get mouse infested in a hurry.
Ugh .. that would suck.

I've thought about some vertical sheet metal "shields" to go under/around the wheels and jacks and anywhere else the trailer touches the ground, something that the mice can't climb. I need to make some up for my own trailer and see how effective they are.
I found a post or two on http://www.rv.net on keeping mice out. They're talking about electronic sonic things, traps, etc. One guy succinctly said,

people have been trying to keep them out of places for centuries and had very little success long term

Ugh again ..

I was thinking of a "bathtub" made of sheetmetal that would go around the base of the wheels and the jack points, something with slick vertical walls that the mice can't climb. Then you just have to keep the underside of the RV clear of tumbleweeds or anything else that could provide an access point.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
August 24th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I was thinking of a "bathtub" made of sheetmetal that would go around the base of the wheels and the jack points, something with slick vertical walls that the mice can't climb. Then you just have to keep the underside of the RV clear of tumbleweeds or anything else that could provide an access point.
Hmmm... maybe mock something like that up and put some food in it to see if they can get in?? If that was successful, you might have a pretty good sized market!