PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Lap timers

Islandermyk
August 15th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Does the beacons/transmitters from Mychron and XT Lap timers work together?
Are Lap timers allowed during races (setting up transmitters on the start and finish line, etc...)?
And if so, what are the odds of having beacons/transmitters already set up on all of Colorado's awsome race tracks during our great events, and how do we know that they are set up?
There may be more questions... but this is all I can think of for now...

Thanks! :)

rybo
August 15th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Mike,

The transmitters are totally compatible. They all use the same frequency IR beam.

They are allowed on the track during the races, and are often set up.

They are at many, but not all trackdays.

Hope that helps

Scott

Islandermyk
August 15th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Mike,

The transmitters are totally compatible. They all use the same frequency IR beam.

They are allowed on the track during the races, and are often set up.

They are at many, but not all trackdays.

Hope that helps

Scott

Thanks Scott... this really helps... Again :oops: , I am shopping for a lap timer and of course hoping for the best deal without getting to fancy and expensive... Thanks! :wink:

Islandermyk
August 17th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I've been through a couple of other forums looking into "Lap timers".
It seems that there are several complaints about every Lap timer there is out there (IR's, GPS,etc..). :?
I'm looking into 2 of these brands: Mychron TG light and the XT ultra lap timer. What kind of issues am I to expect from these lap timers besides running dead batteries?

Islandermyk
August 21st, 2010, 10:01 PM
So I got a great deal on a Mychron 6 volt tg light with a beacon/transmitter (I♥EBAY!).
My question is: On race events do we have some who go out on the track and set up for split times with multiple beacons/transmitters?

I tried the little thing out on IMI, and it was pretty cool to see "aahh look how slow I am" :lol:

rybo
August 22nd, 2010, 12:17 AM
MIKE,

Generally, no. There is one transmitter placed at the start finish line and that's it. No splits.

Scott

Islandermyk
August 22nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
MIKE,

Generally, no. There is one transmitter placed at the start finish line and that's it. No splits.

Scott

Thank you Scott! 8)

Hehehe... atleast I don't have to worry about tinkering with this thing and actually read the manual to get this split time thing goin.. :-k j/k...

See you at HPR this weekend! \:D/