PDA

View Full Version : LWSS / LWSB Class Addition Discussion

gsnyder828
August 13th, 2010, 07:41 PM
OK - I'm proposing adding 2 classes, Lightweight Supersport and Lightweight Superbike.

I'd like some input on the class specs. I've tried to merge some CMRA/WERA etc. class info to come up with what I have so far.

LIGHTWEIGHT SUPERSPORT
--Up to 450cc four cylinder four stroke
--Up to 800cc 4-stroke air-cooled twins
--Up to 650cc water-cooled twins with more than 3 valves
--Unrestricted displacement single cylinder 4 stroke
--Up to 450cc 2-stroke water-cooled twins

LIGHTWEIGHT SUPERBIKE
--Up to 490cc four cylinder four stroke
--Up to 883cc 4-stroke air-cooled twins
--Up to 700cc water-cooled twins with more than 3 valves
--Unlimited singles based on Grand Prix class rules
--Up to 450cc 2-stroke water-cooled twins

Any modifications to the list needed to include appropriate bikes or exclude inappropriate bikes?

Scored51
August 13th, 2010, 09:21 PM
- Displacement limits for liquid cooled twins with less than 4 valves per cylinder in LWSB (700cc)?

- Does your definition of "superbike" for 2-strokes exclude gp based machines AND/OR can frankenbikes with streetbike origins be included (aka RZ350)?

- Are you proposing these classes in addition to LWGP, Colorado Class, and STGTU or simply to replace any listed?

gsnyder828
August 13th, 2010, 09:58 PM
- Displacement limits for liquid cooled twins with less than 4 valves per cylinder in LWSB (700cc)?

What bikes does this include? Should it be higher than 700cc?

- Does your definition of "superbike" for 2-strokes exclude gp based machines AND/OR can frankenbikes with streetbike origins be included (aka RZ350)?

It would exclude GP bikes - but would include RZ350, TZR250s... Aprillia RS250 streetbikes, etc.

- Are you proposing these classes in addition to LWGP, Colorado Class, and STGTU or simply to replace any listed?

In addition to...

Scored51
August 13th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Cool. A Hawk GT has 3 valve heads. The additional displacement puts on more level field with the SV's. Didn't need it necessarily defined, but didn't want it excluded so that it couldn't ride up from Colorado Class.

JWinter
September 29th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Lets just call this the Ninja 650 cup class. Remember under current supersport rules we have no current motorcycles eligible for this class. Why are we creating a new class for bikes that don't exist????