PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FINAL Clubman Championship Points-UPDATED Rnd#8

JimWilson29
August 12th, 2010, 09:57 AM
**Final Results updated through Round 8!

(Scroll down or click Next Page arrow for pages 2 through 7)
<iframe src="http://uglydogracing.com/mra/2010_Clubman_Points_Round_8.pdf" width="900" height="1100" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

gsnyder828
August 12th, 2010, 08:12 PM
This is how next year's top ten plates are being decided, right?!

kidding... :lol:

Scored51
August 12th, 2010, 09:35 PM

No kidding. I would support this idea as only 1/2 of the racers who earn top ten plates actually run them... even if they return to defend them.

rybo
August 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM

No kidding. I would support this idea as only 1/2 of the racers who earn top ten plates actually run them... even if they return to defend them.

Hey Chris....look here.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11486

Scored51
August 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Done!

oldtimer
August 13th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Although this is a legit idea and plenty of clubs award top 10 plates this way, it's never sat right with me. And I agree with Chris, the top Clubman earners are the hardest working racers in the club, but stillll....I want the #1 plate to go to the girl who's consistently the fastest. :D

Started a separate thread to discuss here...

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11536

Jon
August 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Guys and Gal,
I hate to say I told you so but my early season prediction of who would run away with this stands and I again congratulate Shannon for the award. I've raced full seasons with many clubs across this country and little known fact is even the MRA (Mountain Roadracing Association). used to award top ten plates in this manner.
Not only does it reward the more fit riders, it actually benefits the club monetarily. CCS /SW awards the number one plate to the winner of Unlimited Gran Prix (RORO equivalent) and the number 2 through 9 plates go to the rider with the most accumulated points total. In 2009 a lightweight rider got the number 2 plate and the other plates were a mix of light, middle and open class bikes. For one, I personally like the idea as for one it awards the rider for being fit, prepared and finishing races opposed to spending the most outright$$ on the bike.
Regardless of the fact I'm not racing the club this year, I just thought I might throw it out there for comment. Thoughts?

gsnyder828
August 13th, 2010, 09:53 PM
CCS /SW awards the number one plate to the winner of Unlimited Gran Prix (RORO equivalent) and the number 2 through 9 plates go to the rider with the most accumulated points total.

Regardless of the fact I'm not racing the club this year, I just thought I might throw it out there for comment. Thoughts?

I think that's a really interesting compromise. And thanks for weighing in and letting us know that this very structure has been done in the club before.

Jon
August 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry to be such a smart ass but it is an option maybe worth discussion and would have thought someone would have had something constructive to say. But then again, my input has never really been taken as constructive. Sorry for chiming in.

Bartman
August 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Sorry to be such a smart ass but it is an option maybe worth discussion and would have thought someone would have had something constructive to say. But then again, my input has never really been taken as constructive. Sorry for chiming in.

Could you quit being such a whiny littlebitch and come out and race with us already geez man. :lol:

Scored51
August 14th, 2010, 09:35 PM

Jon,

We've been having a somewhat constructive conversation in another thread now for two pages. Here is the link:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11536

JimWilson29
September 10th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Clubman Points updated through Round 6.

Hotrod
September 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Whee! Me and my beater SV made the first page! Look Ma! NO HANDS! :D

racedk6
September 10th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Holy Crap almost 220 riders....

Where the hell have they been??

We need more 4hour races for sure.

JimWilson29
September 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Clubman Points updated through Round 7.

oldtimer
September 28th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks Jim for posting and JenJen for all the points counting!

Vanmar Racing
October 22nd, 2010, 06:48 AM
Congrats Shannon !!! We are so proud of your accomplishment! Your nickname should be "The Ironman"
You are a racer made of toughness and dedication! A true Champion!

JimWilson29
October 27th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Final Clubman Points updated through Round 8.

Jon
November 27th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Congrats Mr MoIronman. Special accolades for you come the banquet as you are a deserving and dedicated competitor who's to me admired. Great job Shannon!