PDA

View Full Version : Rule Change *Suggestion* Thread for 2011 Rulebook

dragos13
August 5th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Suggestions for the 2011 rulebook will be accepted from Thursday July 1st through Wednesday October 1st, 2010. Shortly thereafter, a list of the proposed rule changes will be mailed to all members. On or around Sunday, October 17th, 2010 at a location specified in the mailing, a meeting, open to all members, will be held to discuss the proposed rule changes. The members attending this meeting will decide which changes should be presented to the MRA board for approval. Finalized rule changes for the 2011 season should be available by late November 2010. Rule changes should be submitted to the VP of Rules and Tech, or to any rider representative. You can also submit rule changes via this thread.

Please post your suggestion, be sure to cite the existing rule and what changes you are requesting. If its a new rule, please cite the exact wording as you would like it to appear at the rule change meeting.

If you want to discuss your rule change proposal, please start a seperate thread.

The rule change suggestions will be presented to all MRA members at the rule change meeting. Date to follow.

If you have any questions please shoot me a PM. For those of you who have already posted a rule change, please post the specifics again in this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Current suggestions:
1. Allow addition of slipper clutches in Supersport for bikes that don't come with one standard from the factory.
2. Allow replacement of windscreen with unrestricted origin.
3. Allow full exhaust pipe wrapping.
4. Combine ROR GTU and GTO classes and go back to the "One Premier Class" format.
5. Assign top 10 number plates based on Clubman championship as opposed to ROR GTO finishing.
6. Creation of Ninja 250 Cup class.
7. Creation of Formula 40 class.
8. Modify Supertwins GTU class specifications.
9. Remove Sportsman class.
10. Change 4hr community service requirements.
11. Replace HWSB and HWSS with new classes.

racedk6
August 5th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Allow aftermarker slipper clutches in the Super Sport Classes. :shock:

dragos13
August 5th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Great example Steve 8)

What he meant to write was this:

Add Rule:
2.2.2.B The following items may be added or replaced with other than OEM parts:
a. Case guards.
b. Fork brace.
c. Fire retardant foam. Foam may be installed in fuel tanks.
d. Steering damper.
e) Standard and slipper clutch assembly

Christman29
August 12th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Rule 2.4.1 5 Race of the Rockies GTU-Delete this class

I propose to bring back one premier event. Make Race of the Rockies GTO the only premier event. It was always exciting to see the guys on little bikes racing up in this class and the grid was always full. Our club has been known throughout the country for our Superbikes and how fast our riders are. This way the payout could be better also, the guy who wins this race should atleast be able to pay his entry fees for the weekend and now the purse is split up between GTU and GTO. Also, pay back to 15th position so many riders can win money, not just the top 3. I believe this will actually make more money for the club and be a bigger event (more exciting).

I don't remember what our entry fee used to be for this event but i think other racers would pay a little bit more to enter if they had a chance to win a little more also.

It was always exciting seeing ALL the best riders in the club in the "MAIN EVENT"

dragos13
August 12th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Good post Rob. Last year this was discussed and argued that it would remove "some" riders from participating. I will open a new thread on this for discussion and I'm sure opinions will be coming soon :)

JimWilson29
August 12th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Moved to discussion thread.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11527

Scored51
August 13th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Change:

7.2 A. Race Of the Rockies GTO (ROR GTO) points will accrue toward top ten number plates, for the following season. Accrued points in Race Of the Rockies GTO are the only way a top ten number plate may be earned.

Suggestion:

7.2 A. Points will accrue in all sprint and endurance classes towards a Clubman Championship for every rider. The Top ten number plates (1-10) for the following season will be awarded to the ten highest scoring riders in order of rank regardless of novice or expert. The Clubman Championship is the only way a top ten number plate may be earned. Competitors in the Sportsman class are excluded due to a non-championship status.

Economic Benefit:

- I believe this plan encourages riders to sign up for more classes as everyone has a shot at the number one plate. If this plan were in place last year, a novice would be in the top ten right now. The number of active members in this club continues to decline. Futhermore, race registrations are generating less revenue for the club per rider now than when we were screaming bankrupcy! Last year our Board of Director's estimated we were generating $200 per rider; now it is as low as $178. That's between $17,600 - $22,800 less this year than last based on 100-130 riders in only 8 races.

Harder Working Riders:

- Historically only 50% of the riders earning top ten plates would utilize the privelige of running them. Therefore, it is a wasted honor to restrict these numbers to the top ten in Race of Rockies GTO. Currently the grids are still small enough in this class that only the top ten riders in the series have actually scored points at all five rounds to date. Without completing a single lap in the 2010 season, a rider at this point would be sitting in 12th place in the ROR-O championship and would have collected a payout check at every round. So do we want to award a top ten plate to a rider that has done little more than show up on the right grid each weekend, or do we want to show the honor and reward those who are generating more revenue for the club throughout an entire season by working hard at entering as many races as they possible can?

The Big Downfall:

- The only downfall I see in this plan is that Otis will actually have to pick an permanent expert number unless he starts showing up with more bikes.

sheispoison
August 13th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Add Rule:
a. Case guards.
b. Fork brace.
d. Steering damper.
f) Windscreen

rybo
August 13th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Add Rule:
a. Case guards.
b. Fork brace.
d. Steering damper.
f) Windscreen

Moved to discussion in a new thread

gsnyder828
August 13th, 2010, 07:44 PM
suggestion withdrawn

oldtimer
September 2nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
Allow pipe wrap in all Supersport classes. The rulebook shall be changed from "is not permitted" to "is permitted":

Section 2.2.2.C.n.Exhaust Systems 1. Wrapping of exhaust systems is permitted.

rybo
September 7th, 2010, 02:32 AM
add spec class for the ninja 250

Discussion thread found here

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11683

oldtimer
September 9th, 2010, 09:07 AM
As of 2010 there are 120 licensed MRA racers who are 40 or older, 73 experts and 47 novices. This class would be a smart addition to our club because we already have a large number of eligible riders, and all of them can run their current bike. I’m proposing two classes, F40 GTO and F40 GTU. They would be scored separately and gridded in the same time slot, GTO starting in front, GTU second wave.

Formula 40 GTU
Riders must be 40 years old or older on the date of the race.
Motorcycles legal for Formula 40 GTU may be used in Formula 40 GTO.
Class displacement limits are as follows:
• Up to 430cc two or more cylinder two stroke, unlimited origin
• Up to 550cc two or more cycle two stroke, if frame is from a motorcycle manufactured for street use in North America
• Up to 550cc single cylinder two stroke, unlimited origin
• Up to 850cc two cylinder, four stroke four or more valves per cylinder
• Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke, four or more valves per cylinder
• Up to 640cc four or more cylinder four stroke
• Up to 900cc three or more cylinder four stoke, air cooled
• Unlimited displacement two cylinder four stoke two or three valves per cylinder
• Unlimited displacement single cylinder four stroke, unlimited origin

Formula 40 GTO
Riders must be 40 years old or older on the date of the race.
• Unlimited displacement and origin

rybo
September 10th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Current rule: 2.4.1.3

3. SuperTwins GTU
- Up to 750 cc two cylinder, four stroke, four valve, water cooled
- Up to 250cc two stroke, two cylinder, water cooled
- Unlimited displacement, two cylinder, four stroke, two valves per cylinder, air cooled
- Unlimited displacement single cylinder, four stroke

Proposed Revision:

3. SuperTwins GTU
- Up to 850 cc two cylinder, four stroke, four valve, water cooled
- Up to 250cc two stroke, two cylinder, water cooled
- Unlimited displacement, two cylinder, four stroke, two valves per cylinder, air cooled
- Unlimited displacement single cylinder, four stroke

As SuperTwins is a modern bike class, not a vintage class I make the proposal with the following in mind.

1) There is only one bike in current production that is eligible for this class, the Kawasaki EX650.

2) The Ducati 848 is eligible in EVERY other middleweight class

3) GTU denotes this class as a middleweight, not a lightweight class.

The Ducati 749 is no longer produced (750cc twin)
The SV650 is no longer produced (650cc twin)

These were the dominant bikes in this class in years past.

Bartman
September 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11700

dragos13
September 10th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I am with ^ Bart ^

Opening it up to the Duck 848 would render pretty much everything else in the class obsolete... 369 lbs, 134 hp and 70lb-ft torque???

That thing will lay waste to 600's, and those decimate all comers on the sv... (unless Shannon is around)

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11700

rybo
September 11th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Current Rule

2.8 Sportsman class

The sportsman class is an Amateur class for beginning racers. There are no trophies awarded for this class.

A. Unlimited displacement, modifications and engine configurations
B. There will be a minimum time cut off set by the MRA Officials at each track raced for the sportsman class. This cutoff will be 125% of the current track record. Any racer below this minimum time during the weekend including practice will be disqualified and removed from the results. Furthermore, any racer disqualified will be barred from entering the Sportsman class at all tracks for the remainder of the season..
Failure to qualify for a main event in a heat race will not disqualify a racer from Sportsman based on time.

Proposed Change: Delete entire section

Rationale: The Sportsman Class is under-attended and the need for this class has been distributed to other programs within the MRA.

Sportsman has historically had two purposes:

1) To serve as a "backup" class for the elimination of riders from other classes due to heat races.

2) To give riders a chance to "try" racing without being in the full mix.

Presently both needs are met in other ways.

1) We haven't run a heat race in the club since about 2005. Current grid sizes and track lengths indicate that we won't be running heat races anytime soon.

2) The SuperStreet Class is presently filling this need.

This season has had a total of 9 competitors in the Sportsman Class with no more than 3 at any given round.

In the event that the club sees a massive return of racers to this class, the program could be easily reinstated.

Going along with this proposal I suggest the elimination of the place holder in the schedule for "Heat Races" as they appear to be unnecessary presently.

Scott

chrobis
September 11th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Okay, here is the Anderson-Dingell amendment. (Discussion here: http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11674)

The intent of this proposal is to create a racer service commitment that doesn't distinguish between Novice and Expert designation. It is implemented as a 'Delete / Add' because the current Novice requirement is contained in the section that defines the Novice to Expert advancement.

The guidelines for the rule change process request the submission of very specific language. If you disagree in principle please post to the discussion thread. If you agree in principle but disagree in the particulars (# of hrs; buyout rate, covered activities), please post to the discussion thread. I will update this posting as indicated.

Delete 4.5.D,E,F,G:

D. All riders who begin the season as a Novice must complete 4 hours of community service to the club that season. Novice riders must complete 4 hours of service before being upgraded to expert. Failure to complete the service will result in the forfeiture of all points and standings for the season in all classes in which the rider has competed.

E. For the purposes of this section ‘community service’ may include but not be confined to scorekeeping, cornerworking or any other service as defined by the Board.

F. The Board may waive the requirement of community service for a rider for extraordinary circumstances and by a majority vote of the Board.

G. Point calculations for the purposes of advancing to expert (Section 4.3) will be applied prior to application of penalties due to failure to complete 4 hours of service to the club.

Add:

4.4.4.C Community Service

1. All riders who are not members of the MRA Board must either:

a. Complete 4 hours of community service to the club each season, or
b. Pay $25/hr to the club for each partial hour not worked.

Failure to comply with one of the above conditions will result in the forfeiture of all points and standings for the season in all classes in which the rider has competed.

2. The period for Community Service begins the day after the previous season's last race, and continues through the end of the current season's last race weekend.

3. Fullfillment of the Community Service requirement will be tracked on the MRA website for all riders, indicating both 'if' and 'how' the requirement has been completed, (i.e., 'Board Member', 'waived', 'x hours / y dollars').

4. For the purposes of this section ‘community service’ may include but not be confined to scorekeeping, cornerworking, race school instruction, new-racer adoption / coaching, assisting a board member, activities on/for board-designated commitees or groups, or any other service as defined by the Board.

a. Riders must have prior consent of any responsible Board member in order to fullfill their Community Service in such capacity. (This is geared towards cornerworking and PR events.)

5. The Board may waive the requirement of community service for a rider for extraordinary circumstances and by a majority vote of the Board.

6. For Novices, point calculations for the purposes of advancing to expert (Section 4.3) will be applied prior to application of penalties due to failure to complete 4 hours of service to the club.

dragos13
September 29th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Just a reminder:

You only have until Friday at Midnight to submit your rules change suggestion in order to be considered for the 2011 rulebook. Please submit all details now so that we can discuss at the meeting, which will be held on Sunday Oct 17th at the Walnut Room. Meeting starts at 1pm.

:)

TRK
October 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
I propose the John Galafke rule.............

From unlimited displacement, two cylinder, four stroke, two valves per cylinder, air cooled to.............up to 990cc two cylinder, four stroke, two valves per cylinder

Eliminate the 749R from STGTU[/b]

(edited at original posters request)

Desmodromico
October 1st, 2010, 06:58 PM
Pierobon is 992cc if you were trying to rule that out...or is this just to reiterate that Jon's bike is legal?

Jon
October 1st, 2010, 07:54 PM
Ahh hell guys don't worry about me as I'd just assume be ousted forever. I think everyone can agree you guys as better off without me. Looking forward to my novice year in 2013 though.

Clarkie
October 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM
Totally new rule, I guess.

But something along the lines of in the SS classes, you are allowed to 'update' base models, to the higher end models as long as they are OEM parts. There are examples of this in actually quite a few bikes/models. I know of people that have 'updated' using parts from the higher end model (as little difference as a different part # for the same basic part) without actually knowing it may have been illegal to do so.

You can have kit wiring harnesses and kit ECU's in the SS classes with very different wiring to a stock bike.....

rybo
October 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM
Totally new rule, I guess.

But something along the lines of in the SS classes, you are allowed to 'update' base models, to the higher end models as long as they are OEM parts. There are examples of this in actually quite a few bikes/models. I know of people that have 'updated' using parts from the higher end model (as little difference as a different part # for the same basic part) without actually knowing it may have been illegal to do so.

You can have kit wiring harnesses and kit ECU's in the SS classes with very different wiring to a stock bike.....

So something like

Current rule: 2.2.C

Absolutely no updating or backdating of parts will be allowed unless specified by the rules. All motorcycles must display a vehicle identification number on the main frame.

Proposed Rule: 2.2.C

Updating and backdating of parts is permitted provided that the parts come from the same make, model and generation of motorcycle. All motorcycles must display a vehicle identification number on the main frame.

For example, I could put the front end from a 2004 R6 onto a 2003 R6, but could not put the front end from a 2009 R6 on a 2003 R6.

Is this what you're trying to get at Aaron?

Or are you suggesting that I could put the wheels and forks from something like an RSV-R (ohlins / forged wheels) onto a base RSV that came with Showa forks and cast wheels?

Scott

Clarkie
October 1st, 2010, 08:24 PM
Pretty much. The extreme would be a set of forks of a high end Ducati/Aprilia (the R1 LE) onto the base model, but they would have to be the OEM Ohlins forks, not an aftermarket set. What about if the higher end model came with a component (like ABS for example) and you bought the OEM parts to upgrade your bike to ABS. Because ABS on a race bike is an awesome idea! :D

Would that come under the same rule change that you wrote? Sorry, dont know how to write stuff to be undestood, I am from a country far, far away :wink:

rybo
October 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
Got it....will make sure it's discussed in the rule change meeting.

Thanks

JimWilson29
October 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Proposed MRA Class Changes

(Current) Section 1 – RACE CLASS LIST
The MRA will run the following classes at each regular event. (Classes may be combined
into a single race but will be scored separately.):
Novice (GTO/GTU)
Amateur (GTO/GTU)
• Modern Vintage (GTO/GTU)
• Middleweight Supersport & Superbike
• Heavyweight Supersport & Superbike
• Open Supersport & Superbike
• Lightweight Grand Prix
• Super Twins (GTO/GTU)
• Colorado Class
• Race Of the Rockies (GTO/GTU)
• Ladies Of the Rockies
• Endurance Classes (Lightweight, Middleweight, Heavyweight, and
Open)
• Sportsman
• Superstreet class

(Proposed) Section 1 – RACE CLASS LIST
The MRA will run the following classes at each regular event. (Classes may be combined
into a single race but will be scored separately.):
Novice (GTO/GTU)
Amateur (GTO/GTU)
• Modern Vintage (GTO/GTU)
• Middleweight Supersport, Modified Production & Superbike
• Open Supersport, Modified Production & Superbike
• Lightweight Grand Prix
• Super Twins (GTO/GTU)
• Colorado Class
• Race Of the Rockies (GTO/GTU)
• Ladies Of the Rockies
• Endurance Classes (Lightweight, Middleweight, Heavyweight, and
Open)
• Sportsman
• Superstreet class

(Currently)2.1 Sprint class general guidelines
A. Expert classes are designated as Supersport, Superbike, Grand Prix, and Modern
Vintage GTO and GTU.
B. Amateur classes are designated as GTO and GTU.
C. Novice classes are designated as GTO and GTU.
D. Novice racers may enter and be scored in Novice and Amateur classes.
E. Beginner classes are designated as Superstreet classes.
F. Displacement, engine, chassis configuration, age, and the original
manufacturer’s intended use and availability determine motorcycle eligibility for
a given class.
G. A motorcycle may only be entered in a class in which all eligibility requirements are met.
H. If a motorcycle is entered in more than one class, it must conform to the
requirements for each class in which it is entered.
I. It is the racer’s responsibility to only enter classes in which his or her
motorcycle is eligible.

(Proposed)2.1 Sprint class general guidelines
A. Expert classes are designated as Supersport, Modified Production, Superbike, Grand Prix, and Modern
Vintage GTO and GTU.
B. Amateur classes are designated as GTO and GTU.
C. Novice classes are designated as GTO and GTU.
D. Novice racers may enter and be scored in Novice and Amateur classes.
E. Beginner classes are designated as Superstreet classes.
F. Displacement, engine, chassis configuration, age, and the original
manufacturer’s intended use and availability determine motorcycle eligibility for
a given class.
G. A motorcycle may only be entered in a class in which all eligibility requirements are met.
H. If a motorcycle is entered in more than one class, it must conform to the
requirements for each class in which it is entered.
I. It is the racer’s responsibility to only enter classes in which his or her
motorcycle is eligible.

(Current)2.2.3 Class Displacement and Configuration Limits*SUPERSPORT
A. Middleweight Supersport
• Up to 600cc four cylinder
• Up to 650cc pre-1984 four cylinder
• Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke
• Up to 850cc two cylinder, four stroke, three or more valves per cylinder
• Up to 904cc two cylinder, four stroke, two valves per cylinder, air cooled
• Unlimited displacement pushrod, two cylinder, four stroke, two valves per
cylinder, air cooled
B. Heavyweight Supersport
• Up to 750cc four cylinder
• Unlimited displacement three cylinder four stroke or two cylinder air cooled
four stroke
• 1125cc or less two cylinder, liquid cooled, four stroke
C. Open Supersport
• Unlimited displacement

(Proposed)2.2.3 Class Displacement and Configuration Limits*SUPERSPORT
A. Middleweight Supersport
cylinder, air cooled
B.Open Supersport
• Unlimited displacement

(New)2.3 Modified Production classes(*Current classes starting with 2.3 Superbike will be moved down in rulebook i.e. 2.4 Superbike Classes)

(New)2.3.1 Class Requirements
Modified Production motorcycles shall be limited to those manufactured for street use in the United
States. Such motorcycles must be readily available to the general public from established
manufacturers, distributors and/or dealers. Motorcycles must comply with manufacturers' published
specifications for given models and be fitted with all original equipment. Along with the following
items, all Motorcycle Technical Requirements and Supersport rules shall apply.
1. Modifications introduced by a manufacturer to a basic model configuration subsequent to the
original introduction of the model may be fitted within the limits of normal assembly procedures.
External welding, brazing or machining for this purpose is not permitted.
2. Modification of engine case(s) and/or cylinder castings is prohibited, except for the repair of crash
damage.
3. Internal engine modifications are permitted as long as the class displacement limits are not
exceeded and the stroke is not changed. Internal transmission ratios may not be changed.
4. Clutch lining material and number of plates may be changed.
5. The exhaust system may be repositioned for ground clearance or an aftermarket racing exhaust
may be fitted.
6. The ignition coil, condenser and related wiring and fittings may be changed. Accessory electronic
ignition systems may be used provided they are available to the general public. Generators and
alternators may not be removed and must be in working order (individual part failure during event
weekend exempt). Starter may be removed.
7. Chain and/or sprockets (including sprocket material) may be changed. Ring and pinion assemblies
may be changed.
8. Instruments may be added, removed, or modified.
9. The handlebar type may be changed, but they must mount in the original manner. Handlebars and
tank must have a minimum of one (1) inch clearance at full lock.
10. The seat may be changed. Footrests may be changed (rear sets allowed) or modified.
11. Bodywork is open, providing 5.2 Motorcycle Technical Requirements are followed including use of any
windshield.
12. Aftermarket wheels may be fitted if they are compatible with the original, unmodified brake
components. Rear Sprocket hubs and wheel spacers provided with approved aftermarket wheels
are allowed, unless the swing arm, forks, or brake mounting require modification to accommodate
their use. Slight chamfering of spacers, calipers, caliper mounts, forks, or chain adjusters for the
sole purpose of smooth wheel changing is allowed. Wheel size is open.
13. Stock brake calipers specific to model are required. Stock rear brake rotors may be drilled and/or
machined. Aftermarket rotors replicating o.e.m. diameter may be used. (Ex.: Wave Rotors)
14. Brake lining material may be changed and brake hub assemblies may be drilled for ventilation.
Braided steel brake lines are allowed.
15. Brace tubes and gussets may be added to the frame or swing arm, but no original tubes may be
removed or bent.
16. Rear swing arm may be stiffened and the swing arm pivot may be modified, but the frame may not
be altered, except as provided in #15 above.
17. Carburetors may be up‐dated or backdated to any applicable manufacturers' specifications for
that basic model. Turbo‐charging and/or changes to the basic type of fuel induction (fuel injection
vs. carburetors) are not considered such updating or backdating.
18. Carburetor bodies may not be modified but may be fitted with normally replaceable components
for jetting purposes.
19. Air box may be modified or removed. Air cleaners and intake ducting may be modified, added,
replaced, or removed. Velocity stacks may be fitted.
20. Oil injection pumps may be removed.
21. Brake calipers, discs, and fork tubes may not be exchanged for aftermarket or larger model
assemblies (such as 1000cc front end on a 750cc bike).
22. Tires are open; D.O.T. or racing slicks is permitted.
23. Aftermarket triple clamps made for the specific model of bike may be used. (Stock forks as above
in #21 must be utilized).

(New)2.3.3 Class Displacement and Configuration Limits
A. Middleweight Modified Production
cylinder, air cooled
B. Open Modified Production
• Unlimited displacement

(Current)2.3.2 Class Displacement and Configuration Limits **Superbike
Class displacement limits are set as follows:
1. Middleweight Superbike
• Up to 640cc four cylinder four stroke, three or more valves per cylinder
• Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke, three or more valves per cylinder
• Unlimited displacement two or three cylinder four stroke, two valves per cylinder
• Up to 250cc one or two cylinder two stroke, water cooled, unlimited origin
• Up to 1050cc four cylinder four stroke, two valves per cylinder
• Up to 510cc two or more cylinder two stroke, water cooled
• Unlimited displacement two stroke, air cooled
• Unlimited displacement single cylinder
2. Heavyweight Superbike
• 390cc to 750cc four cylinder four stroke, three or more valves per cylinder
• Over 390cc four cylinder four stroke, two valves per cylinder
• Over 485cc three cylinder four stroke
• Over 485cc two cylinder air cooled four stroke
• Over 485cc and 1125cc or less two cylinder, liquid cooled, four stroke
• Over 330cc two or more cylinder two stroke
• Over 450cc single cylinder four stroke
3. Open Superbike
• Over 485cc two or more cylinder

(Proposed)2.4.2 Class Displacement and Configuration Limits **Superbike
Class displacement limits are set as follows:
1. Middleweight Superbike
• Up to 640cc four cylinder four stroke, three or more valves per cylinder
• Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke, three or more valves per cylinder
• Unlimited displacement two or three cylinder four stroke, two valves per cylinder
• Up to 250cc one or two cylinder two stroke, water cooled, unlimited origin
• Up to 1050cc four cylinder four stroke, two valves per cylinder
• Up to 510cc two or more cylinder two stroke, water cooled
• Unlimited displacement two stroke, air cooled
• Unlimited displacement single cylinder
2. Open Superbike
• Over 485cc two or more cylinder

To sum this up, I am proposing we remove Heavyweight Supersport & Superbike and replace with 2 new classes: Middleweight Modified Production and Open Modified Production. The motorcycle requirements for these 2 new classes fall between supersport rules and superbike rules. Basically you are allowed engine modifications but must keep stock displacement, you can run after market wheels and slicks but must keep stock forks and calipers.
My reasoning for this is that this past season we averaged one 750cc bike and two 999cc vtwins in the HW classes. The grids were basically all 600's. Open Supersport had 600 riders too. By doing this we provide another true Middleweight class plus an additional Open class. 600 riders will still have the same number of classes they can run but 1000 riders will have an additional class they can run.
Tell me what you think.