PDA

View Full Version : MRA in Scooternews

jmaher
August 4th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Being very new at this and working for SW Scooternews, my editor asked me to write a story about my experience starting in this hobby. Being a Harley biker type paper, we have been wanting to get some sportbike stuff in and I ended up being the catalyst for it to happen. The August issue is out and the story is on page 20....and another story I wrote is on page 12. Let me know what you think (a few people that helped me are mentioned). The paper can be found at most Harley dealerships in Denver and many of the shops/bars/resturants that cater to the Harley/cruiser bikers. The paper will also be posted on the website in a few days with lots of pictures.

Joe

KFinn
August 4th, 2010, 04:11 PM
[soapbox]

I haven't picked up the article yet to read, but very cool! I think it is very cool that there are efforts out there to bridge the gap in motorcycling between riding types or bike styles.

In the end, we all have passion for 2 wheels no matter what type and we should celebrate that more than we do. Some people just won't let go of this prejudice between types of bikers. Sometimes to such an extent to even explore the other types or give the people of those types any time to share the sport of motorcycling.

[/end soapbox]

jmaher
August 4th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Kevin,

The Scooternews motto is "It's all about the ride". Down here in the Springs I am the assistant Director for BUFA and we bring together all the biker types, sportbikes to 1%er's. I would like to think that is spreading and I will do what I can to help facilitate that.

Joe

KFinn
August 4th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Kevin,

The Scooternews motto is "It's all about the ride". Down here in the Springs I am the assistant Director for BUFA and we bring together all the biker types, sportbikes to 1%er's. I would like to think that is spreading and I will do what I can to help facilitate that.

JoeWell cool. I don't read many publications of any sport or topics so I wasn't familiar with Scooternews. But I like the motto and your perspective / positive attitude. Keep on doing what you're doing.

jmaher
August 18th, 2010, 02:15 PM
For those that have not seen the print edition article, it is now on-line at:

http://www.scooternews.net/node/2868

The pictures are not up yet, some good shots of many of the races will be posted in the gallery. However, in the mean time the pictures from Stripperpalooza are up.

http://www.scooternews.net/gallery

Joe

JimWilson29
August 18th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Joe, thanks for your coverage of the MRA.

rybo
August 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Joe, thanks for your coverage of the MRA.

+1

Additionally I give you a lot of credit for featuring YOUR riding (and sliding :oops: ) experience with the MRA. I certainly know what my first crash was like and I wouldn't have been writing an article about it for publication.

I've read the article and really appreciated your "voice" in it. It was really neat for me to read about what I'm so involved with from another person's perspective.

Thanks again

Scott

jmaher
August 18th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm just glad everyone I've talked to likes the article. And, thanks to everyone in the MRA who has made me feel so welcome! There will be more stories and coverage. As far as the crashing part, I know it is part of the sport and the big picture....hopefully just a small part.

Interesting, I have noticed the number of views to the Stripperpalooza gallery spiked a bit....

Joe

PS Comments to the story on the Scooternews website would be welcome.

oldtimer
August 19th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I thought your first person story about going racing was perfect for the audience. Hopefully the readership will check into the MRA and come out to watch some racing! Nice job.

Chadwick929
August 19th, 2010, 04:09 PM
It was a good article. I'm going to frame it since those pictures are my first published shots. :D

JoeCat
August 20th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Hey Joe! Great article and thanks for the honorable mention! So...did you sell that Harley yet for some more race parts? :) Welcome to the club, see you next weekend!
joecat

jmaher
August 20th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Joe,

Not selling the Harley, I think that will be my pit bike. I may not be the fastest person out there, but I will have the biggest pit bike! I am selling my Z1000 to get a second race bike or parts or something.

Joe

JoeCat
August 20th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hey Joe! Great article and thanks for the honorable mention! So...did you sell that Harley yet for some more race parts? :) Welcome to the club, see you next weekend!
joecat