PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the good times!

trackpimp
August 3rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
I participated in my first MRA event this past weekend You all were very welcoming, and showed bigtime hospitality for a California dude. HPR is a freaking riot to ride. I was lost on Friday, and after a few laps on my own, and a few laps behind a few of the rider-rep types.. I think I got going pretty good out there.

I participated in the Friday trackday (or lapping day as you guys call them), and Saturday's endurance race with my dad. I met a bunch of really cool people, and made several new racer buds.

You guys are a top notch club, filled with great people. I look forward to planning this event for next season. I'll be bringing several of the TrackDaz crew with me next time!

dragos13
August 3rd, 2010, 11:47 AM
Nice meeting you Dustin. You were moving pretty well at the end of endurance. Hope you can make it back again :)

Electroman
August 3rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
It was a pleasure meeting you Dustin. I enjoyed helping You and Charlie with the fuel / rider changes during the endurance race.
Cheers, Rod

Hotrod
August 3rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Hey Dusty,

It was great meeting you and benchracing and BS'ing! Don't think I ever made it out there at the same time as you, sure enjoyed racing your Dad though!
Look forward to seeing you out here next year!

Lincoln :D

Globetrotter
August 3rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
I don't think I got to ride around with you, Dustin, but I rode with your dad during the race and yes, I waved to him as I went past. :D

Anyway, to back what Dustin said from another Southern Californian, thanks MRA for an AWESOME weekend! I've been to plenty of tracks around the world and HPR has hints of Miller, Infineon and...wait for it...Portimao in Portugal (the same track World Superbike races at). My team and I had an absolute blast during the whole weekend, but especially during the endurance race. Kind of a bummer that the rains came and delayed (and ultimately shortened) the race, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I was thoroughly impressed with the organization, the track and even just the general hospitality from everyone I happened to meet. This is definitely an event we'll mark on our calendars next year!

BTW...when and where will the official results be posted?

-Troy Siahaan

oldtimer
August 3rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks to all our visiting racers for joining us this weekend! It was fun to have you all out, and the endurance race was a blast!

Results will be posted here on our website in the near future:

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=results_2010

But we'll post up the special Endurance results right here in the forums shortly!

Throttleroller277
August 3rd, 2010, 01:07 PM
Glad you guys had a good time!! We enjoyed having you out there, and hopefully will see more of you in future. 8)

KFinn
August 3rd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Dustin, it was nice to meet you and your dad. Thanks for letting me borrow your air compressor machine. Glad you also got a kick out of watching my teammate and I battle it out on the track. that was a lot of fun and I am sure it made for a good show on the sidelines.

eklew
August 3rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
I don't think I got to ride around with you, Dustin, but I rode with your dad during the race and yes, I waved to him as I went past. :D

Anyway, to back what Dustin said from another Southern Californian, thanks MRA for an AWESOME weekend! I've been to plenty of tracks around the world and HPR has hints of Miller, Infineon and...wait for it...Portimao in Portugal (the same track World Superbike races at). My team and I had an absolute blast during the whole weekend, but especially during the endurance race. Kind of a bummer that the rains came and delayed (and ultimately shortened) the race, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I was thoroughly impressed with the organization, the track and even just the general hospitality from everyone I happened to meet. This is definitely an event we'll mark on our calendars next year!

BTW...when and where will the official results be posted?

-Troy Siahaan

What is up my fellow Asian!!! It was nice to meet you. Glad you and your team came out for the races.

Elden Lew

froth
August 4th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Glad you had fun! I've enjoyed having your pops out here ever since he came out to play. Hope to see you again.

trackpimp
August 5th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Here's some vid from that race... a chunk of my final stint on the bike..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDwm2rdf004