PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the pickup!

spideyrdr
August 2nd, 2010, 01:51 PM
I was the the nitwit that crashed coming out of turn 1 at the end of the endurance qualifying. Thanks to all who came to my aid on the track and in the pits. I am fine other than some bruising in my leg and ankle that was trapped under the bike as I slid.

Yes, I did see the checkered flag and was cooling down, but coming around 1, I began to feel the rear slide. I think I then whacked the throttle closed which setup a sort of highside. Once we got the the pits we found the bottom of my throttle housing in the belly pan. The only thing I can think of is the throttle maybe stuck a little without the housing in tact and as I was breathing a sigh of relief at being done the bike wanted to keep going. That'll teach me to relax!

It was my first crash ever on a two wheeler and it was during my first event where the lap times actually counted. So I want to say a big thanks to the track crew and the ambulance guys for coming over to check me out. My awesome team helped me get the bike back together so I got to put in some laps during the endurance. I look forward to making it back out to the track for the next round!

Jamie

racedk6
August 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Glad you are ok. I was sitting on the wall and witnessed the crash, it wasnt to pretty.

Desmodromico
August 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah I was watching as well, looked like you chopped the gas and the rear stepped out high siding you, glad you are ok man!

Chadwick929
August 2nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Sorry I only got a couple shots of it, I think I was shooting another bike when I heard you go down. Glad you're ok.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4852747911_5437cf04a9_z.jpg

rybo
August 2nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Hey Jamie,

I'm glad you're OK.

What happened to you isn't all that uncommon, I've certainly had "moments" on my cool down lap.

I think what happens is that we get used to going pretty fast and then we get to let up. What we forget is that we're still going pretty fast, so we're all sat up and relaxed, waving to corner workers and stuff and then we look up and....well, turn 1 is STILL right there where it always was.

Sounds like you had a valuable "lesson learned".

Glad you're racing with us.

Scott

Throttleroller277
August 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
At least you didn't crash doing some stupid Victory Wheelie or showing off.... 8)

davy4575
August 2nd, 2010, 11:54 PM
Glad you were ok, and the bike held. I was skeptical about the field engineering on the rearset, but it seemed to hold good, and you held it togeather for the race. Hope the ankle feels better.

spideyrdr
August 3rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
Davy, thanks for your help big time. Seeing you jacking my rearset up against your truck in an attempt to flatten it out was the kicker. Oh yeah, and dusting my gloves off for me before I went back out. I really appreciate the help.

Becky got some pics of the team. If you are interested any of them, PM me your email address and I'll send them across!