PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Fred Roth

hcr25
August 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Some might have seen Fred's post in the endurance thread about sponsoring a rider for the 4 hour solo race. I was lucky or unlucky based on how I feel today to win this sponsorship.

So Fred thanks to you I still cant feel my left pinky or my two big toes on my right foot. My throat still hurts from throwing up after the race. I feel generally worse then after most of my crashes. I had a great time for sure though! I think it was a great event and I cant wait to do it again, not anytime soon though.

Fred, Thanks again my friend.

Also thanks to my buddy Mike Yoder who is back over in the sand box. He once again loaned my one of his bikes. I wouldnt have done as well with out it.

Mike Applehans #25

Desmodromico
August 2nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Mike the pain you were in in the last hour was obvious on track, I saw you stretching and trying to keep blood flow going, sorry if I threw you off too, I was ahead of you and ran out of gas coming up to the corkscrew and had to coast in, thanks for not cornholing me!

Hotrod
August 2nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Ditto on the thanks to Fred "Stroker Ace" Roth!
He sponsored my team as well. He also busted his A$$ in our pits, coordinating rider swaps, making sure that we were well hydrated, making sure that our bikes were on tire warmers when they needed to be, re-fueling bikes as needed, checking us for mental status (uh, we failed that one before we showed up), handling the message board for the riders... on and on and on.

Fred, you are an amazing friend.

Thank you!
Lincoln

nude
August 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Mike,

I understand, It is weird, all of my pinkies are still numb too; fingers and toes. Are you still having trouble walking, I know that I am?

It was fun in a strange sort of way?

Nude

Munch
August 2nd, 2010, 04:17 PM
Ok, I feel like I'm not alone with the numbness, two days after riding 60 laps during endurance.

Hell, I had the hardest time down shifting yesterday (GP shift), mid-way through my race - left shin is tender!

phildrummond
August 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
I thought I'd puke, my right hand has a huge blister, the balls of my feet were on fire and my quads my never recover. So...Sunday impolite the blister and jumped on the mountain bike. All better, but still sore.

78 laps, and bummed I didn't do 80. Next year...

JohnGarc
August 2nd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Biggy shout out to Mr. Fred. Once again, thank you...

I enjoyed being a part of Team AA, certainly was a gas... And thanks too all my team members as well for putting the TEAM first. It was great to race and hang with you guys, certainly looking forward to meeting up with you guys ( Lincoln, Eric, Fred, and Rick) at our next race in Pueblo. If it wasn't for my sorry A$$ losing the transponder in Fivo, i think we would have done Fred proud.... haha.

LMsports
August 2nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Mike, you and Mark did awesome! I'm jealous that you were able to get your helmet off before you vomited...

clee32
August 2nd, 2010, 10:18 PM
Mike
Good job this weekend, bummed that I missed yet another weekend but next round I'm in.

Rob
Give me a call, get everything squared away

Coop

froth
August 3rd, 2010, 07:21 AM
Mike, Linoln, John, et al: Believe me, I had as much fun as you did,(and with a lot less vomiting!).

All the team guys, you did the best rider swaps I could have wanted, and Mike, I'm still laughing at how you were trying to walk Saturday evening! I could feel your pain from 20 feet away :lol:

If I'm still medically unable to do this next year, I'm going to set up a bike for endurance racing and put another team together and do it old school....one bike, lighting available, make it work in the weather and with whoever rides it.

Thank you Lincoln, Richard, Eric, John, and Mike for keeping me in it, and wearing me flat out, the pleasure was all mine!

gixxermike
August 3rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Also thanks to my buddy Mike Yoder who is back over in the sand box. He once again loaned my one of his bikes. I wouldnt have done as well with out it.

Anytime my friend! I glad you did so well, that's awesome.

nwatkins176
August 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
You guys who did solo and did well are my hero's. Rob, too bad about your helmet, glad your tires lasted. Applehaus congratz on the finish, for a strange reason I want to try it next year.