PDA

View Full Version : What a Great Weekend at HPR!

T Baggins
August 2nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who made this weekend at HPR such a great success! Amazing turnout for the Toyota Trucks Pony Express Endurance Race, excellent competition all weekend, great party and band thrown down by ABATE Saturday night, and an awesome pile of schwag for the corner crew donated by MRA racers and sponsors!

It was great seeing all the out-of-towners and past MRA racers come out of the woodwork for the Pony Express race. What a cool sight looking down the hot pit lane and seeing all the smiles and excitement on everyones faces!

Special thanks to the MRA Staff and Corner Crew for their extra efforts on Saturday... whew, that was a long day...

We'll have "the official numbers" in time for the General Meeting on August 11th, but I'm confident that between the extra rider sign-ups and exceptional spectator turnout we had a solid, financially successful weekend!

Now we all get 3 weeks off to heal (physically, financially, and otherwise
:lol: ) before we head back to HPR for Round #6 the end of August!

KFinn
August 2nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
+1!

I am curious what the numbers of spectators was and the number of those that had 2 for 1 flyers.

rforsythe
August 2nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
I am curious what the numbers of spectators was and the number of those that had 2 for 1 flyers.

FWIW some of the spectators I invited out actually declined the 2 for 1 fliers, saying that they would rather see the MRA get a little extra money. That is pretty cool to hear.

Desmodromico
August 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
+1 on seeing the number of spectators, very important to the future sponsorship activity. I won't be able to make the meeting next week so please post when we have the number.

KFinn
August 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM

FWIW some of the spectators I invited out actually declined the 2 for 1 fliers, saying that they would rather see the MRA get a little extra money. That is pretty cool to hear.Agreed! Good to hear both sides. The ones that decline and the ones that may not have come without the cost break. Either way I feel its a win to have them out there. Maybe I am too optimistic?