PDA

View Full Version : Miller racers want to come play

Bugslayer
July 29th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Hello All,

Tossing the idea around with some MoM racers about coming out to race with you guys.
We are looking at the August 28th round at High Plains.
So far it looks like 3 of us for sure, 5 maybe.

The 3 for sure racers are Novices, but race in both Nov classes and Am classes.
Is it the same structure for you guys?

All 3 of us went through our NRC last year and ran the last couple of rounds last year.
We are running the full schedule this year.
Is there an open practice day on the Friday before the race weekend?
Where can I find the race schedule for that weekend?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Doug Pogue
#222 MoM Novice

Jon
July 30th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hi Doug,
The raceday/weekend schedule for the MRA is a Friday practice for $90 for a half day/ $150 for a full.Paid in advance it goes up $10 if you pay at the track. Usually some corner workers available on Friday with a full smathering on Sat/Sunday.
The race day schedule can be found here.
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10406

Hope this helps. The rulebook is posted online like the USBA's and most all answers can be found here or ask Bart AKA Bartman on the forums.
I used to race with these guys, it's a fun club.Be forewarned however that it's a new track and lacks the comforts of home. There's some power, some bathrooms but little shade. I believe they've added some carports though but go to www.Highplanesraceway.com for a map and other info.
I'd probably join you guys that weekend but I'll be in Indy. So I'll see you at Miller again in August

rybo
July 30th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Doug,

The MOM class structure was partially based on the MRA so that it would be easy for the clubs to race with each other. Especially in the Novice and Amateur classes you will have no problem finding the right class here.

The practice day is run by the track (high plains raceway) not the MRA, but they do have an open lapping / practice day on the schedule for that day.

We are offering full reciprocity for your licenses. You still need to fill out our membership forms, but there is no charge for an additional license. Just sign up for some races and come try out our snazzy new track.

When you fill out the form and send it in, please include a copy of your USBA license to get the reciprocity deal.

http://www.mra-racing.org/pdf/2010_MRAMembership.pdf

Looking forward to seeing you here!

Scott

Jon
July 30th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Another person you can turn to for specific questions who's very helpful and accommodating is Casey Dragos. AKA Dragos13 on the forum.

JimWilson29
July 30th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Doug,

I just got your PM. The MRA is always thrilled to have racers from other clubs join us. Looks like Jon already answered alot of your questions. Last time I raced MoM, your amateur classes were the same as ours so there should not be much of a difference. If you have any specific questions feel free to post them up.
High Plains Raceway runs their own track days for Friday practice. Go to the website Jon posted above if you would like to register.
Again, feel free to post up or PM me if you have any additional questions.

Bugslayer
July 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great response. This is a good start for us. We are really looking forward to this.

I am planning on bringing the bikes down in my toy hauler, 50 amp hook up would be ideal, 30 amp will work. Whats the scoop?

Shade should be no problem, canopies out the wazoo.

I am gonna be the road b*tch, with every one else flying in. What is the closest airport? Can they take a cab, I might be drunk by the time they fly in 8)

Bugslayer
July 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
More questions...

I typically enter NOV U, NOV O, AM U, AM O.

If I am reading this correct the NOV classes would be Saturday and the AM classes on Sunday?

Also I don't see an old dude class on the schedule, unless OSB stands for "Old Son of a B*tch" :shock:

gsnyder828
July 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM
You are reading it right.

No oldy class though... that's been suggested for next year, but we don't currently have that class.

oldtimer
August 4th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I am planning on bringing the bikes down in my toy hauler, 50 amp hook up would be ideal, 30 amp will work. Whats the scoop?

Shade should be no problem, canopies out the wazoo.

I am gonna be the road b*tch, with every one else flying in. What is the closest airport? Can they take a cab, I might be drunk by the time they fly in 8)

Hey Doug! This is Wyeth, my hubby and I pitted next to you at MoM round 3. Stoked you're coming out to race with us next round, you guys will love the track and you'll love the big grids. Who else are you bringing? :D

Like the others said, your Nov/Am classes are the same as ours. We don't have a Formula 40 class yet, but you could enter the 30 Minute Solo Endurance race on Saturday for another race. Your morning practice is included in your race entry. All MRA weekends have a Friday track day attached to them.

RV scoop:

HPR has RV spots, either 30amp or 50amp, that can be reserved and you could just use your canopies. OR new for the August 28/29 weekend the powered carports will also be available. Those are RV spots with either 30amp or 50amp service, that back up to a permanent 15'x20' carport pit space with power.

Go here to reserve a spot:

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/rv-reservations.html

The carports are not posted online yet because the power isn't hooked up. But they will be available to reserve online before the next round. Contact Glenn the track manager on the HPR website for more details.

The airport is maybe 30-40 minutes away from HPR, when are they flying in?

nwatkins176
August 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I don' t live too far the airport and I ususally have room for three more in my truck if there is no gear. I can scoop some people up, but I normally don't go out on Fridays so that doesn't work. My point is, there are probably people that can pick some people up at the airport and bring them to the track. The track is about an hour away so a cab ride would be a fortune.

If anybody needs a ride early Saturday morning, I can pitch in for that.

Bugslayer
August 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Again, thanks to every one that has responded!

It looks like the airport transportation is handled, but thanks for the offer.

Wyeth, it will be good to see you guys again. Really looking forward to this trip.
Not sure if you met the other two guys coming with, but Jeremy Ross and Brian Prax.

Holy smoke you guys have some huge grids!

From what have been reading the Nov classes have been kind of a crash fest lately. My aim is to stay out of trouble and have a blast.

Thanks for the tips on the RV hook ups :D

See you in a few weeks.

Bugslayer
August 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hey, are there gas pumps with race fuel at the track??

JimWilson29
August 10th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hey, are there gas pumps with race fuel at the track??

Yes. This thread will give you some info- http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10560&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Bugslayer
August 16th, 2010, 09:37 PM
My bike is set upto run Michelins. I have tires to bring. Just wondering what compounds work best. I usually run a "c" or "b" rear and a "v" front.
Does this combo work at HPR?

rybo
August 16th, 2010, 10:30 PM
My bike is set upto run Michelins. I have tires to bring. Just wondering what compounds work best. I usually run a "c" or "b" rear and a "v" front.

Doug,

I race a 748 ducati and run either a B or a C rear with the B front. I've used the V front as well, but like the feel of the B better, personal preference there.

You'll be fine on those tire choices at HPR

oldtimer
August 17th, 2010, 11:28 AM

I've been running the V front with B & C rears, they're good at HPR.

Bugslayer
August 17th, 2010, 12:54 PM
How long do the "b"s last?
Race wise....can you make it 4 sprints on a b?

Bugslayer
August 17th, 2010, 01:02 PM

Doug,

I race a 748 ducati and run either a B or a C rear with the B front. I've used the V front as well, but like the feel of the B better, personal preference there.

You'll be fine on those tire choices at HPR

PM sent....

oldtimer
August 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM

Yes B rear will go 4 sprints

racedk6
August 17th, 2010, 01:11 PM

I can for sure get 4 races on a B front and B rear.

I Normally get 4 races and a trackday.