PDA

View Full Version : More Michelin Power One questions

GNGSXR
July 28th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I tried a set of 2ct tires out because i got them for a good price. They worked great until i got my speed back up to where i was april of 09 (last time i rode on a track).
Definitely not a great tire for someone who is even only moderately quick. They are great for new track day people though.

I am switching to the competition series now.

Are most of you using a V front and B rear?
How much life are you getting out of your tires? A few track days? One or two weekends of practice sessions and a few races?

Throttleroller277
July 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
That would certainly be a question for Vanmar/Mark. But it depends on the track, the temp, and of course your personal riding/lap times, and how hard you are on a tire. Some of us use V and B fronts depending on the track. And the Rear tire depends somewhat on how much grip you want to sacrifice in order to get more life out of the tire. Typically a softer tire has more grip, but doesn't last as long as a harder tire would.

GNGSXR
July 28th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I understand softer tire gives more grip less life and vice versa. :wink:
I am just interested in how much life you guys are getting out of a set. I know some get a new set every 14 laps then there are the rest of us who use a set a whole weekend or more.

dragos13
July 28th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I have been running B front and B rear.

Right now I run 4 sprints, RORU, ROR qualifying and sunday practice. After a race weekend, I still have enough to run a trackday or two.

Just remember to ride within the limits of your equipment. So when tires get closer to worn out, adjust your riding appropriately.

Munch
July 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'm getting similar mileage outta my Power One's as Casey, only difference is I run a V front.

racedk6
July 28th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Im with Casey as well. I can typically get all the practice sessions and 6-7 races on a set.

I run a B front and a B or C rear.

cromer611
July 28th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I get ALOT of milage out of my tires : P
I run a B front and C rear(practice) B rear(race)
i can get 1 front to every 2 rears usually. the front tire is really durable. and even after the tread indicators are gone u still have alot of grip.

I wish i had a picture of my rear tire from sundays practice at PPIR : ) casey thought i was crazy. but the tyre was veddy veddy guud