PDA

View Full Version : RC Planes at HPR this weekend

motolitho
July 26th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Is it OK to fly this weekend after the races? Glen?

I would like to take off and land between T1 and T2.

Thanks!

Chris Burford

rforsythe
July 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM
RC? Hell, can I drop a Cessna down between 3 and 4? :lol:

rybo
July 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Chris,

The MRA rule for this stuff is that once the track is cold flying things are OK.

I'm not sure what the HPR policy around the track is.

Scott

rforsythe
July 26th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Chris,

The MRA rule for this stuff is that once the track is cold flying things are OK.

Fuck it, not gonna go there. :P

racedk6
July 27th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I plan on bringing up a plane for saturday night ;)

The GECCO
July 27th, 2010, 02:33 PM
You can fly them off the back straight and to the south of the back straight only.

If they come north towards where the people are, and especially if they come over the pit area, I will pull out the Remington 870 and show of my skeet shooting skills.

JimWilson29
July 27th, 2010, 02:36 PM
....I will pull out the Remington 870 and show of my skeet shooting skills.

Maybe you can show us your skeet shooting skills if "Midnight Moto" Grubbs makes another attempt at a late night hot lap. :lol:

dragos13
July 27th, 2010, 02:36 PM
You can fly them off the back straight and to the south of the back straight only.

If they come north towards where the people are, and especially if they come over the pit area, I will pull out the Remington 870 and show of my skeet shooting skills.

This is going to be an awesome weekend :twisted:

racedk6
July 27th, 2010, 04:08 PM

So no flying on the the north end of the track? Out over the field?

vort3xr6
July 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM
This is going to be an awesome weekend :twisted:

If the weather holds out.

**crosses fingers

freddiewest
July 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Smacks Brad over the head for even suggesting Bad Weather!!! [-X

And Glen I like the Remington idea, I have a couple of airplanes that are electric we can sacrifice!!!

motolitho
July 27th, 2010, 05:10 PM
umm... ok. Check.

The GECCO
July 27th, 2010, 05:31 PM
....I will pull out the Remington 870 and show of my skeet shooting skills.

Maybe you can show us your skeet shooting skills if "Midnight Moto" Grubbs makes another attempt at a late night hot lap. :lol:

For that I'll use the .45! Of course....since it's Grubbs I suppose the .40 will be more than enough :lol:

The GECCO
July 27th, 2010, 05:34 PM

Prefer they stay to the south, nowhere near the paddock. Technically our insurance doesn't cover this so if a plane comes down and hurts someone you could be saying goodbye to HPR. Sucks to have to be a downer about this stuff, but this is the reality we live in and my first priority has to be protecting this asset that we have all sacrificed so much to create and enjoy :wink:

racedk6
July 27th, 2010, 05:39 PM

Prefer they stay to the south, nowhere near the paddock. Technically our insurance doesn't cover this so if a plane comes down and hurts someone you could be saying goodbye to HPR. Sucks to have to be a downer about this stuff, but this is the reality we live in and my first priority has to be protecting this asset that we have all sacrificed so much to create and enjoy :wink:

Sounds fair enough to me. BTW a .22 would do me in pretty quickly.

Hotrod
July 28th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Hell, I think my kids rubber band gun would drop Grubbs! :D

oldtimer
July 28th, 2010, 08:37 PM

:!: now more interested in the flying toys :D

racedk6
July 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
So how many people plan on bringing out planes or helis?

JimWilson29
July 29th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Grubbs I'm bringing one of these so we can see how far you will fly.

http://www.ssgecom.com/products/images/pe_24244_a_x.jpg

KFinn
July 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM
So how many people plan on bringing out planes or helis?I was gonna bring my RC Car but then when I was running it at a track I broke some parts off of a jump.... well specifically on the landing actually. So I don't plan on bringing it anymore. Don't feel like buying parts or fixing it right now.

KFinn
July 29th, 2010, 01:56 PM
But I am trying to get my friend that is coming to spectate, to bring his heli and plane.

Munch
July 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I can see Glenn parked in the paddock with one of these :P

http://www.minotor-service.com/gfx/content/vehicles/shilka-02.jpg

KFinn
July 29th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Reminds me of the movie, The Magic Christian. (I think that was the title) Funny what they choose to go hunting with.