PDA

View Full Version : Diagonal grid rows for race start

dragos13
July 15th, 2010, 09:06 AM
This was brought up and shot down last year. Here is the original thread if you want to read it. Lots of BS but also some helpful info in there. I am going to propose this again for the 2011 season:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=9806&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=diagonal&start=0

This is what I propose to go towards for 2011:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii206/dragosracer/grid.jpg

All riders would be spaced equally going down the grid. This would give a slight advantage to the 1st place guy over the 2nd place, 2nd place over the 3rd place, and so on. Instead of going three wide then a space, it would be equal all the way back. There would be no "overall" increase in grid length exect for the last two bikes of the last row would be a couple feet further back. Position 1, 4, 7, etc would all be in the same spot as they are now with only the middle rider being back a few feet, then the outside (or inside) rider being back a few feet farther.

racedk6
July 15th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Ahh I understand it now that there is a nice big picture!

I will vote for the change, and considering im one out of the 5 people that showed up last year I think there is a good chance of this happening!

N1K
July 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM
can we get amo moved too!!

racedk6
July 15th, 2010, 04:40 PM

AMO never gets moved, and probably never will get moved. I wanted that to happen last year.

dave.gallant
July 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I vote "no".

:shock:

:D

racedk6
July 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I vote "no".

We will see if you show up to the meeting.! :twisted:

peteremsley
July 15th, 2010, 05:07 PM

AMO never gets moved, and probably never will get moved. I wanted that to happen last year.

If enough of us that would like AMO moved show up at the meeting, will it happen?

/jack

gsnyder828
July 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
If enough of us that would like AMO moved show up at the meeting, will it happen?

/jack

If you can find where AmO being last in the Sunday schedule is listed in the rulebook - then yes, you've got a great chance of making it happen! :wink:

gsnyder828
July 15th, 2010, 05:22 PM
This is like Supersport DOT/rains redux. #-o

I vote "no".

Me too - OK, it's tied. :lol:

Now - Dave and I just need to show up... :x

peteremsley
July 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM

/jack

If you can find where AmO being last in the Sunday schedule is listed in the rulebook - then yes, you've got a great chance of making it happen! :wink:

rats!

dave.gallant
July 15th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I vote "no".

We will see if you show up to the meeting.! :twisted:

Ben and I were there for years and years arguing about this or that obscure rule, so I am sure everyone is happy when we are NOT there. :)