PDA

View Full Version : Corner Worker Appreciation Day @ HPR Sunday August 1st

JimWilson29
July 14th, 2010, 03:01 PM
When you were racing in the rain at HPR last month, did you take into consideration those that were standing in the mud all weekend providing us with a safe track to race on? Or this past weekend at Pueblo when you were cooling off under your canopy or in your RV while they endured 100 degree temperatures? Well, it's that time of year again for all of us to show our gratitude for our dedicated and hard-working corner workers! We will be holding our annual Corner Worker Appreciation Day at the next race at High Plains Raceway on Sunday, August 1st. The MRA is asking that everyone show their thanks in some form or another on this weekend. In years past, the local shops have been very generous on this occasion so please contact your sponsors. Bring goodies and tokens of your appreciation for our dedicated crew and show them how much you appreciate their dedication and support! Gift cards, beer, motorcycle gear, cash, clothing, food, electronics, gadgets, anything that says "thank you" is welcome and appreciated. Bring it to the raceday office and we'll distribute it all at the end of the day Sunday... Thanks in advance for your generosity!

oldtimer
July 14th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Awesome event! Maybe I'll give some of my favorite new beer, or a gift card from my sponsor's shop.... thank you cornerworkers!!

T Baggins
July 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I've got two sets of Vanson Race Gloves to toss into the pile and a bottle of wine or two... :D

freddiewest
July 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I will donate some hobby stuff, R/C Car or Airplane does that work??

rybo
July 15th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I will donate some hobby stuff, R/C Car or Airplane does that work??

Not only does it work, that would be awesome.

Thanks Keith!

Chicane will be donating a couple trackdays!

dragos13
July 15th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I will definitely be hooking up a couple bottles of "liquid courage" for our fine crew that keeps picking me up each weekend.....

8)

OUTLAWD
July 16th, 2010, 10:22 AM
+1 on some liquid courage

Jon
July 17th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I used to love saying thanks to those guys and though I won't be making it out, I'm sure someone will be taking them to dinner Right?
The Lying, cheating SOB.

T Baggins
July 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM
... I'm sure someone will be taking them to dinner Right?

Jon - The idea is to REWARD THEM not PUNISH THEM - where could we take them to dinner nearby that wouldn't be considered punishment?? ha ha :lol: :shock: :lol:

Jon
July 19th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Somebody had better get a bigger grill that's for sure.
I believe that May Farms has a banquet room available and though it ain't Giacomo's, it'd work in a pinch. Sorry I can't make it but then again I'm not too sure my attendance would be appreciated

Scored51
July 20th, 2010, 02:39 AM
!!!WARNING: THREAD HIJACK!!!

I was at Giacomo's this last race weekend and half of the wine list was blacked out. The explanation from our server was that they were not restocking as the restaurant is closing down. :cry:

No date was given, but see what you're missing by not racing with us Jon?

...BACK TO YOU TONY.

dragos13
July 20th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Somebody had better get a bigger grill that's for sure.
I believe that May Farms has a banquet room available and though it ain't Giacomo's, it'd work in a pinch. Sorry I can't make it but then again I'm not too sure my attendance would be appreciated

Really Jon? I have yet to hear anything about you cheating or lying from anyone other than yourself....

Time to get over it and come freaking RACE :D

Don't forget about your corner workers this weekend guys and girls, this is the one time every year we give back for all the times they have helped keep us safe!

Desmodromico
July 23rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
I rounded up some goodies from work, have a few nice goodies I think they'll enjoy, hopefully I won't have to patronize any of them this season.

dragos13
July 29th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hey guys and girls, please don't forget about your corner workers this weekend. They brave the hot and cold just to keep us safe and let us do what we do.

Bring whatever you can and the corner workers will greatly appreciate it :)

toptier
July 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks to ABATE of Colorado and Aurora Honda, I have 2 brand new Shark helmets for the hard working corner workers.

oldtimer
July 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Wow fabulous! Thank you Jon and ABATE!