PDA

View Full Version : 4-Hour Endurance Race Solo vs Team Entry

oldtimer
July 13th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Round 5 at High Plains Raceway, Saturday July 31st, will include the Toyota Trucks 4-Hour Endurance Race. We'll have two categories, Team Endurance and "Iron Butt" Solo 4-Hour Endurance. :shock: We will NOT run the LW/MW and HW/Open Solo Endurance races at Round 5.

For those who may not want to participate in a 4 hour race, we encourage you to consider using this event for high quality practice. The Toyota Trucks 4-Hour Endurance Race is $60/rider, whether you form a team or enter as a solo racer. If you sign up as a solo rider you get 4 full hours of race pace track time for your $60. And of course if you're feeling good once you get started, there will be 1st 2nd and 3rd place trophies for the "Iron Butt" Solo category. :twisted:

Compared to $90 for half of the Friday track day--and not forgetting your regular Saturday morning practice sessions which are included with race entry--this event will be the best value of the 2010 season!

racedk6
July 13th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Thats an easy way to skip friday practice.

phildrummond
July 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I'm paid for the solo but there was nothing in registration that noted solo or team. I'm guessing that'll be handled internally somehow? That said, any way to keep tabs on who's doing solo or team?

I've heard of tons of teams, but no one doing solo. Just wondering who's going it alone.

oldtimer
July 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'm paid for the solo but there was nothing in registration that noted solo or team. I'm guessing that'll be handled internally somehow? That said, any way to keep tabs on who's doing solo or team?

I've heard of tons of teams, but no one doing solo. Just wondering who's going it alone.

Yep we're going to have a form to group teams for this event. At this point we're still sorting out the technical details of scoring, more info to come. :)

phildrummond
July 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM
While we're at it, more info on the pit rules, if you have them. Wondering things like how soon we can set up on hot pit, will we need more pit passes for crew and when to get them. If we're allowed generators in the pits for wheel swaps or do they have to be warming in the paddock and brought over? Are EZ Ups allowed?

That kinda stuff. I didn't see it elsewhere in the forums.

Thanks in advance to the board for coordinating this event. -As if you weren't busy enough on Saturday.

JohnGarc
July 15th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Will there be food and beverage stations in each turn? lol j/k...

oldtimer
July 15th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I've heard of at least 2 other guys who are making a serious run at the Solo category. I'll let them chime in on their own. 8)

Throttleroller277
July 15th, 2010, 11:05 AM

Marty has been kicking around the idea of doing it solo....

JimWilson29
July 15th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hell I might just do it solo.

racedk6
July 15th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Grubbs is running solo but I dont know how much time I am actually going to ride.

JimWilson29
July 15th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Grubbs is running solo but I dont know how much time I am actually going to ride.

Grubbs this is actual racing during the day, not riding your scooter on the track at night.

gsnyder828
July 15th, 2010, 11:28 AM

I need to start referring to myself in the 3rd person... :lol:

dragos13
July 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Looks like Casey will also be running the endurance but on a team. 4 hours solo is just CRAZY :shock:

T Baggins
July 15th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I've heard that Tony is going to participate as well - possibly even on multiple teams, cause that's how he rolls... :lol:

racedk6
July 15th, 2010, 11:47 AM

Thats the only way to do it! :shock:

racedk6
July 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM

Grubbs this is actual racing during the day, not riding your scooter on the track at night.

I do alright at racing during the day!

The dont call me midnight moto for no reason! :shock:

gsnyder828
July 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM

Thats the only way to do it! :shock:

Well OK then!

G-Off is doing the 4hr solo...

Ray-Ray
July 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Ray won't be racing because..... well who the eff wants a 9 finger slow a$$ mo fo on their team! NOBODY! :roll:

Axiom21
July 15th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Hey guys... got a few questions about this Endurance race. Looking at getting a few buddies to come up with me from SMRI. I've been wanting to do this track for a while now.

So...

I'll be bringing my family (4 yr old and 7 month old). Is there areas for them to ride bikes? Shade? Facilities?
Do you know if pits will be open Thurs night to be able to camp?
What time does the practice/race start on Sat? Is there practice on Sat?
Can Novice & Expert be on the same team? Is it one race, or one for Nov and one for Exp?

Thanks for the answers... sorry so many questions. :)

dragos13
July 15th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hey guys... got a few questions about this Endurance race. Looking at getting a few buddies to come up with me from SMRI. I've been wanting to do this track for a while now.

So...

I'll be bringing my family (4 yr old and 7 month old). Is there areas for them to ride bikes? Shade? Facilities?
Can Novice & Expert be on the same team? Is it one race, or one for Nov and one for Exp?

I can answer a couple questions:

No kids on wheels while the track is hot. They are working on building a play ground area but I don't know the status yet. Shade is only available under a cloud or canopy.

Saturday morning practice begins at 8am and runs til 11am. It will be followed by an endurance qualifying session.

Expert and Novice can be on the same team. There will be no seperation, only one race including all riders of skill level and bike size.

T Baggins
July 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Ray won't be racing because..... well who the eff wants a 9 finger slow a$$ mo fo on their team! NOBODY! :roll:

LIE LIE LIE!

Tony has a 9 finger slow a$$ mo fo on his team! so he the 'eff must want one!

Ray-Ray
July 15th, 2010, 01:14 PM

LIE LIE LIE!

CHEATER :shock: :shock: :shock:

oldtimer
July 15th, 2010, 01:59 PM

So...

We look forward to having you up for this event! I talked to Glenn the HPR track manager about Thursday night camping. He said no unless the racers are willing to pay the overnight security cost themselves, that's $200 for Thursday night. That might be worth it if there were enough people to split the security cost.

An alternative is the Strasburg KOA Kampground maybe 20 minutes away, here's the website:

http://www.campdenver.com/

HPR will host the Friday track day for this event, it's $150 to ride full day or $90 for half day either morning or afternoon. There WILL be Friday night camping allowed.

Bartman
July 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM

LIE LIE LIE!

CHEATER :shock: :shock: :shock:

Its only cheating if you get caught, oh wait thats my job to catch you cheating bastards.

d_mob
July 15th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Quick questions with probably obvious answers...

First, if I decide to run this 4-hour deal solo, can I run multiple bikes? If so, I'm assuming it isn't bike based, but transponder based correct? Simply put the transponder in my suit and run?

Second, if solo I'm assuming the winner will simply be the guy (or gal) with the most laps correct? I can't imagine it will come down to the same number of laps with time coming into play.

Finally, there will be a trophy for solo 1st - 3rd correct? This is separate from the trophies that I'm assuming will be presented for team endurance 1st - 3rd correct?

PS... For those of you crazy enough to run this thing alone, are you running one set of tires? Street DOT's or what?

PPS... I can't imagine there will be any contingency for this correct?

PPPPPPPPSSSSS... Sorry for all of the questions and even sorrier if some of them have already been answered.

rforsythe
July 15th, 2010, 04:40 PM
The surprising number of people coming out of the woodwork to run this thing solo are almost inspiring me to join the stupidity instead of running it team-style.

Though 4 hours in a black suit at the end of July over asphalt and a 200-degree bike are kind of inspiring me to avoid heat stroke too, so we'll see how that goes...

oldtimer
July 15th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Dave here are the answers to some of your questions. We'll get more info and answer the others later.

First, if I decide to run this 4-hour deal solo, can I run multiple bikes? If so, I'm assuming it isn't bike based, but transponder based correct? Simply put the transponder in my suit and run?

I can't think of why a solo rider can't run multiple bikes. Could be a lot of fun, how factory to have a good pit crew ready with your next ride!

Yes, this race is transponder based. Each team (up to 6 riders) will be Captained by the owner of the transponder. If a solo rider or team member crashes, that transponder MUST be recovered and moved to the next bike to continue the race.

We talked at the meeting last night about how the transponders are sensitive to distance from track surface when passing over the scoring loop. Our Transponder King Chris Dale warned against putting a transponder in your jacket breast pocket--could be too high and miss being timed. I've zipped a transponder into the under sleeve of my leathers and been scored before, but I'd be scared to crash on it.

Second, if solo I'm assuming the winner will simply be the guy (or gal) with the most laps correct? I can't imagine it will come down to the same number of laps with time coming into play.

Technically it will be the rider or team who goes the furthest distance in 4 hours. So if multiple teams/solo riders are on the same lap it will come down to who crosses the line first on the last lap of the forth hour. :D

Finally, there will be a trophy for solo 1st - 3rd correct? This is separate from the trophies that I'm assuming will be presented for team endurance 1st - 3rd correct?

Jeff Brown our trophy rep is currently looking at really cool big trophies for this event, I want one!!! 1st-5th for Team Endurance, 1st-3rd for Solo Endurance.

OUTLAWD
July 16th, 2010, 10:54 AM
looks like I'm going solo, unless someone wants to play for my team :wink:

Jakester
July 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM
No offense I am a newb here but have raced other forms for many years and I thought an endurance race was a test of man and Machine not multiple bikes they don't change care at Lemans or bikes at the Baja you finish on the machine you started on like I said I am a newb here but I have never heard of a race that you could use multiple machines

froth
July 16th, 2010, 09:34 PM
That's just the way this ONE event is being run. I dig the iron man scenario.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 16th, 2010, 10:05 PM
That's for sure. You know, of course, that not you (nor anyone else) is going to hear the end of that for the rest of the season.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 16th, 2010, 10:26 PM
To take a little liberty from a Jon G. quote - my team's going to do the endurance "the proper way" and use a single bike with multiple riders.

That means a pit stop with refueling as quickly as possible.

Wyeth started this thread off with, "we encourage you to consider using this event for high quality practice". I would like to ask anyone using this for a practice session please keep in mind that many of us will be racing - and will be racing in and out of the pits.

I'm a little concerned that people using this for an ad-hoc practice session won't take getting on or off the track with the appropriate seriousness. Can we communicate that clearly before the event? Even with a speed limit in the hot pit - the track exit, hot pit, and entrance road are part of the racetrack.

Finally, are we really doing qualifying for a 4-hour endurance?!?! Doesn't that seem a little weird? If we are going to do that, can we ask that the "practice" guys voluntarily take the back rows?

jmaher
July 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM
How would a team of 6 riders qualify for a 4 hr endurance race?
Joe

racedk6
July 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM
That's for sure. You know, of course, that not you (nor anyone else) is going to hear the end of that for the rest of the season.

Ahahaha Im good for atleast one thing I cant live down a season. LMAO

rforsythe
July 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Finally, are we really doing qualifying for a 4-hour endurance?!?! Doesn't that seem a little weird? If we are going to do that, can we ask that the "practice" guys voluntarily take the back rows?

+1. What would that point of that even be? Over the span of a 4 hour race, your starting position on the grid is going to be quite meaningless.

Bartman
July 17th, 2010, 03:36 PM
No offense I am a newb here but have raced other forms for many years and I thought an endurance race was a test of man and Machine not multiple bikes they don't change care at Lemans or bikes at the Baja you finish on the machine you started on like I said I am a newb here but I have never heard of a race that you could use multiple machines

Yes a normal endurance race is a bike with a team running it, and crashes and mechanical issues are part of the game. Our problem in the past has been people saying they want to do a endurance race but when it comes time to put a team together everybody says not with my bike so the race blows.
This is a stepping stone race to get people to see how fun a full endurance race will be without someone volunteering their sprint bike. It may get to the point where we can run a real endurance series in the future.
Bartman

froth
July 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I think Ralph and Jim are correct. How about drawing grid positions from a hat or the LeMans/Find your glove and boot method(we used this last time, it was a hoot). My team will be happy to volunteer for the back of the pack start position if the hot shoes have to qualify, keep the first turn carnage to a minimum.

Now to help bulk up MRA's Iron Man Class.

I will pay for ONE Iron Man's entry fee and help with pit stops(my team will be pitting in the normal area, because we are old, we are slow, and we like sandwiches). To be selected, read on. I will be out of town and incommunicado until Sunday the 25th. On Monday the 26th, I will turn my cell phone on at 6:30 a.m.. The first person to get through to me at 720 422 5932, will get the sixty bucks to enter the irom man class paid for. Caveats. I will get back into town Sunday evening, and check PMs and phone messages. PM me or call me regarding this, and you won't be in the running. I just want to help the first person after 6:30 a.m. that Monday.

Talk to you when I get back.

Bartman
July 17th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I disagree Fred I do think qualifying is the best way to do it, while getting riders to do this race as practice is good for the club I don't think it is good for the race as it is a race. That being said it is a endurance and the Iron Butters who run it will not be at sprint pace for sure, so part of the challenge is lappers who will be seen by the teams who will have many riders and bikes who will be riding at a faster pace. I do want this to be a full grid but it will be a cluster to a certain extent and there is nothing to done about that, we will just have to do our best.
For my own part I have been thinking about doing the Iron Butt class myself just to see how long I can go before I barf.
Bartman

rforsythe
July 17th, 2010, 06:07 PM
For my own part I have been thinking about doing the Iron Butt class myself just to see how long I can go before I barf.
Bartman

I sense a whole other trophy class appearing in this race...

Jakester
July 18th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks Bartman for the insight I can see why few people would want to sacrifice their bike on a Saturday with point paying races the next day

froth
July 18th, 2010, 08:27 AM
No worries, Bart. We will be way back there no matter what the criteria, we're no the fastest, so the hot shoes will be moving and grooving. Either way, it's going to be a blast. I won't be riding, but at this point, personally, I thinks about seventeen and half minutes into the Iron Man, some poor corner worker would be shoveling kitty litter all over my tank and forks. No fitness, cardio or otherwise is apparent here ate this time :lol:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 18th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I disagree Fred I do think qualifying is the best way to do it, while getting riders to do this race as practice is good for the club I don't think it is good for the race as it is a race.

Fair enough about qualifying but I still think it's kinda silly. I don't see myself pushing an endurance prepped bike for a few hot laps so I can have a 15-30 foot advantage at the start of a 4 hour race.

Can we still be on the grid if we don't do the qualifying?

Also, to agree with Bartman, I really hope that we communicate to the "only for practice" riders or the ones doing it "just for yucks" that there are going to be people really racing. Ok?

cactusjack
July 19th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Fair enough about qualifying but I still think it's kinda silly. I don't see myself pushing an endurance prepped bike for a few hot laps so I can have a 15-30 foot advantage at the start of a 4 hour race.

Any suggestions on prepping a bike for endurance? We are running our own bikes so each bike won't have to endure the full 6 hours, and with two or three 20-minute stints it's essentially like running a couple of sprint races, but I'd like to get my backup bike lightly endurance prepped in case it stays out there for a while.

phildrummond
July 19th, 2010, 12:46 PM
With respect to lap times, practice riders and an overall speed differential, this will be a crazy race, with us solo guys doing slow times on hard tires and seeing how long we can make them last. I agree with the comments on the guys using it as a track day...please be respectful of those going like stink on a team at sprint pace. I'll plan to take a back seat to any team racing for a win. In doing solo, my biggest challenge will be longevity. It's hot. It's long. I'm old. I'm still racing, though.

For solo guys with pit crews - Anyone interested in pitting next to each other and sharing guys when we can? I've got 2 guys helping me that have no racing experience but will fuel, give me water, etc. Rear tire change will take a while but more hands to wire behind bolt tightening can help. Thoughts on pit help?

oldtimer
July 19th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Also, to agree with Bartman, I really hope that we communicate to the "only for practice" riders or the ones doing it "just for yucks" that there are going to be people really racing. Ok?

Hey all! To be clear, myself and the MRA board absolutely agree that this is a "real" race. And while everyone is going to have fun, we all agree to treat the 4-Hour Endurance as seriously and respectfully as every other race on the schedule.

That being said--all around the country, including right here in the MRA, racers regularly enter endurance races as practice. After the board received feedback that some riders don't like this event, we were concerned about attendance. So we thought it would benefit the club to point out every positive angle and approach to the 2010 4-Hour Endurance Race, as some riders might not have considered them. Definitely not to make light of the race, quite the opposite we want it to be successful!

This event was conceived as some variety and fun for the members mid-season. If the membership doesn't like it we won't do it next year. If the racers enjoy it, it will be brought back in 2011. Sound good? :D

phildrummond
July 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM
A brainstorm idea on points that will turn the race from practice to race real quick in 2011:

What if MRA awarded normal finishing points for teams AND solo? Anyone on a team would get the same points, the point value for their team's finish. A solo racer would simply get his/her points based on finish. BOTH teams and solo awarded points, having 1st place points for both team and solo. Example: The team that wins has 5 riders and each would get 36 points. The solo racer that wins also gets 36 points. And so on...

Since any one racer will only get one place's points, whether on a team or solo, it could work. I think having 15 points in the 2010 trial run is a good idea as we work out the bugs. For 2011, a true endurance iron butt should get more points for being out there longer.

oldtimer
July 19th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Love all the input and suggestions and interest! Thanks for bringing up the unusual points payout, here's the back story...

Like much of this event the points payout was another compromise to encourage member participation. When the 4-Hour was proposed there was a lot of push back about being "forced" to run a 4 hour race (instead of the usual 30 minute Solo) and fight for 1st place and the accompanying 36 points. It was not going well with the membership. So the 15 participation points idea came about to get more riders to join in and see what they think after racing it. Again, if the members like the event after trying it we can do it again. If there are things the racers want changed we can do that in the future.

Thank you to everyone who is racing the Toyota Trucks 4-Hour Endurance Race. Not only a fun event for the racers, but ABATE is calling out their statewide membership to come spectate. Cornerworker Appreciation Day this weekend so bring some presents for the men and women who support our racing habit! Huge BBQ party and live band after the race on Saturday! It's going to be a rockin mid-season party! :D

jmaher
July 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I am not sure I want to do an iron butt on this bike (the ride to Sturgis on my Road King is good enought once a year), but if anyone is looking for a slow new rider, let me know.

Joe

OUTLAWD
July 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Joe, I've got a feeler out to another guy who may/may not be interested in doing the team thang. We are both new and slow, so you'd fit in just fine.

smiley613
July 19th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I can't seem to find the raceday schedule for this upcoming weekend. It's possible that I missed it, and I'm assuming that it will be different to accommodate this 4 hr enduro? Can someone point this out for me?
Thanks.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 20th, 2010, 08:27 AM
To be clear, myself and the MRA board absolutely agree that this is a "real" race. And while everyone is going to have fun, we all agree to treat the 4-Hour Endurance as seriously and respectfully as every other race on the schedule.
Awesome, thanks.

After the board received feedback that some riders don't like this event, we were concerned about attendance.
I really do know how much grief the board gets - but this strikes me as strange. How can people already not like this event? We haven't even done it yet! Hmmm.. this is bringing back supermoto memories for me .. :-(

If the membership doesn't like it we won't do it next year. If the racers enjoy it, it will be brought back in 2011. Sound good? :D
Perfect. I really do hope this is a hugely successful event and the turnout is really good! I've only done 3 team endurance races and I've had a ton of fun every time.

dragos13
July 20th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Personally, I think this will be one of the greatest race weekends for 2010 not only for spectators but also riders.

I haven't run a relay since the 4X100 in High School :oops:

oldtimer
July 20th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I really do know how much grief the board gets - but this strikes me as strange. How can people already not like this event? We haven't even done it yet!

In fairness the 30 Minute Solo Endurance classes are some of our most popular races. On any weekend around half the racers in the paddock are signed up for one of the solo endurance grids. So not having the usual format affects a lot of people. Hopefully this one weekend event will be fun for the regular endurance racers and also get those who don't normally run endurance to join in. :)

oldtimer
July 20th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Personally, I think this will be one of the greatest race weekends for 2010 not only for spectators but also riders.

Casey what's the name of your team?

peteyt328
July 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I agree that this will be really fun for everyone involved but as far as spectating goes, endurance races are pretty hard to watch! Anyways, I will be there running solo, call it what you want; racing, practice, etc. but I am doing it for fun, which I imagine is the same reason we are all entering. Point being, we are all competitive (hence why we race rather than do trackdays) and whether we are practicing getting faster or competing for the win, I don't think anyone will be out there putting around getting in everyones way... at least not on purpose :)

cromer611
July 20th, 2010, 01:52 PM

Casey what's the name of your team?
The young and not so youngbloods?

Axiom21
July 20th, 2010, 07:59 PM
transponders are sensitive to distance from track surface when passing over the scoring loop. Our Transponder King Chris Dale warned against putting a transponder in your jacket breast pocket--could be too high and miss being timed. I've zipped a transponder into the under sleeve of my leathers and been scored before, but I'd be scared to crash on it.

Thanks for all the info... looks like we'll have a few of us from SMRI coming up to participate. From this comment on transponder, will those mounted on top of the tail section or on the fork tube near the triple clamp work?

Also... I'm assuming the transponders being used are the AMB ones? I have a TranX 260.

Scored51
July 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks for all the info... looks like we'll have a few of us from SMRI coming up to participate. From this comment on transponder, will those mounted on top of the tail section or on the fork tube near the triple clamp work?

We normally mount them on a fork leg between the triple clamps. This is the most protected area on the bike during "an unexpected event". However, I'm sure that some creativity is going to creep into this race since cutting a transponder off it's bracket and transferring it to another bike with clip and safety wire will seem to take too long.

Be forewarned that it will be the racer's responsibility to safely mount the transponder so the system picks it up on EVERY lap. During the endurance the club will be relying on the transponder system more than usual due to the length of this race. I'm guessing the leaders will copmlete more than 100 laps, and it will be nearly impossible to find where the needle should have been in a haystack that large.

Also... I'm assuming the transponders being used are the AMB ones? I have a TranX 260.

Yep. That's the ticket! See you all at the end of the month.

NossLou
July 21st, 2010, 12:27 AM
Anyone got a count for the solo class? I also take it it will be permissible to swing into hot pits to slam a bottle of water and a redbull when needed?

peteyt328
July 21st, 2010, 10:34 AM
Well you will have to stop quite a few times for gas regardless..

OUTLAWD
July 21st, 2010, 10:40 AM
I don't think anyone will be out there putting around getting in everyones way... at least not on purpose :)

Hey! I resemble that comment... :oops:

oldtimer
July 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM
Anyone got a count for the solo class? I also take it it will be permissible to swing into hot pits to slam a bottle of water and a redbull when needed?

Pit as often as needed. Overheating could be a factor for both bikes and riders in the solo class, we DO NOT want solo guys suffering from heatstroke! Plan ahead, overload yourself with water in the days leading up to the race, lay off the booze, have lots of drinks and fans and cold towels ready in the pit. Also don't cook your motor, watch the temp gauge.

This event is going to rule! :lol:

Ray-Ray
July 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
lay off the booze,

Guess this leaves Tony out! :roll: :lol: :lol:

oldtimer
July 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM
lay off the booze,

Well I figured since Tony's on a team he only has to limp around the track for a session or two. :wink:

T Baggins
July 21st, 2010, 01:00 PM
lay off the booze,

Whatever! :roll:

My bike RUNS on methanol - but since it's not legal to put in my gas tank (per MRA rulebook), I have to expel it from my lungs directly into the air intakes... works like a CHAMP! :lol:

Ray-Ray
July 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
lay off the booze,

My bike RUNS on methanol - but since it's not legal to put in my gas tank (per MRA rulebook), I have to expel it from my lungs directly into the air intakes... works like a CHAMP! :lol:

NOW you tell me! No wonder your so fast on that TZ. I knew I was doing something wrong.

Snowman
July 21st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Well you will have to stop quite a few times for gas regardless..What? No in flight refueling?

Bartman
July 21st, 2010, 02:16 PM
lay off the booze,

NOW you tell me! No wonder your so fast on that TZ. I knew I was doing something wrong.

Ray Ray you should try a little methane injection, not sure how to work out the delivery system but I think that might work even better then Tonys whiskey boost. Just need to eat lots of borritos. :lol:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 22nd, 2010, 08:06 AM
Ray Ray you should try a little methane injection, not sure how to work out the delivery system but I think that might work even better then Tonys whiskey boost. Just need to eat lots of borritos. :lol:
On the TZ, seems like it'd be a pretty short route from the "source" though hole in the seat, into the airbox. Maybe regulate it with a flapper valve?

Old Racer
July 23rd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Tony - beverage alcohol is enthanol, methanol (wood alcohol) is a deadly poison, and could kill your brain. :P

rybo
July 23rd, 2010, 11:41 PM
Tony - beverage alcohol is enthanol, methanol (wood alcohol) is a deadly poison, and could kill your brain. :P

THAT explains EVERYTHING!

random hero
July 24th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Can we get some clarifications on the rules for pit lane, refueling, generators, etc??

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 25th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Can we get some clarifications on the rules for pit lane, refueling, generators, etc??

Go here .. http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10333

froth
July 26th, 2010, 08:00 AM
And congratulations goes out to Applesauce, who read the text, followed directions and is now sponsored for Iron Man Endurance as of 6.31 this morning!

rybo
July 26th, 2010, 08:08 AM
And congratulations goes out to Applesauce, who read the text, followed directions and is now sponsored for Iron Man Endurance as of 6.31 this morning!

Does that mean that he is required to wear the venerable "Sponge Butt Shorts"?

hcr25
July 26th, 2010, 12:32 PM

Can you believe i followed directions!???

Hotrod
July 26th, 2010, 02:03 PM

Can you believe i followed directions!???

To get some racing paid for??? Yeah, actually I can.... :D