PDA

View Full Version : Turn 6 crash photos

Munch
July 12th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Here's the sequence I was able to catch. Glad you're ok!

http://cid-01635c21e91eac57.photos.live.com/play.aspx/Mike%20Crash?ref=1

vort3xr6
July 12th, 2010, 09:22 AM
"That Item seems to be missing"

JimWilson29
July 12th, 2010, 09:24 AM
try this http://cid-01635c21e91eac57.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Mike%20Crash?view=thumbs

vort3xr6
July 12th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Looks like no windows live pics show up on my work PC. Bummer. I will check them out tonight.

Munch
July 12th, 2010, 09:28 AM
"That Item seems to be missing"

What browser?
Working in IE it seems.

nwatkins176
July 12th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Ugg my work really needs to update their stuff, too. It is getting hard to screw off with IE 6. I have to wait....

nwatkins176
July 12th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Ugg my work really needs to update their stuff, too. It is getting hard to screw off with IE 6. I have to wait....

Munch
July 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM
To me it's crazy how fast it happens. My camera shoots at 8 frames per second, and I took 12 shots. So he travelled to the burm in about 1.5 seconds.

We figured Mike was probably approaching 120 mph. That's 176 feet per second. I was just happy to see him standing at the end.

Jon
July 12th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Thaty'd be Mr Applegate as one of us with a Motorcross background we tend to bounce and recover rather well, it's called the ragdoll and has served me well in the last 40 years of riding. Great job there Mikey I'd give it a 10!

Tornado
July 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Wicked crash!!!!! :shock: :shock: I hope everything is ok.

jmaher
July 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Looks like the bike was trying to fly. Glad you were ok. Great pics, too.

Joe

dave.gallant
July 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Holy shit.

Is Mike OK??

oldtimer
July 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM
He is ok and working happily today.

But he lost his transponder in this crash, if anyone found one please contact Mike!

dave.gallant
July 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM
He is ok and working happily today.

Now I know you are lying.

Mike has not worked a day in his life!

Mike Applegate
July 12th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I really hate work but after yesterday i have a new appreciation for it. the funny thing about life is that its never so bad that it cant get worse. im truly thankful that i didnt get seriously hurt. also, Jon is right, I do have a crash technique that has served me well in my, oh say...two thousand or so crashes, im willing to teach it to anyone for free its an important part of racing that isnt taught in any roadrace school (that i know of). I also want to thank the mra safety crew for their fast response and professionalism & the photographer for the great shots. Im just happy that the pain and personal anguish of destroying my bike and ending my season can live on forever in public domain! now who wants to loan me a bike! (or a shitload of money) im pretty sure that was my last crash ever! :D

LEVIATHAN
July 12th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Well Mike, since that was my transponder, I can't offer to donate another one....but, I am willing to donate Doug Kahl's extra GSX-R1000 for the rest of your season. Alright, all fun and games aside, I will try to pull some strings and talk to the Rizla Suzuki boys in the morning.

Glad your OK. One heck of a crash. Yikes!!

dave.gallant
July 13th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Mike, you do realize I now have some new material for my favorite website ever, don't you?!?

(ps: you suck)

(pps: what do you need for your bike?)

jmaher
July 13th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Mike,

While I am new at this and I don't think we have met, I am more than willing to donate some time to help you get a bike going. If you rode a Kawi I might even have a spare part or two, but no rearsets.

Joe

JimWilson29
July 13th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I really hate work but after yesterday i have a new appreciation for it. the funny thing about life is that its never so bad that it cant get worse. im truly thankful that i didnt get seriously hurt. also, Jon is right, I do have a crash technique that has served me well in my, oh say...two thousand or so crashes, im willing to teach it to anyone for free its an important part of racing that isnt taught in any roadrace school (that i know of). I also want to thank the mra safety crew for their fast response and professionalism & the photographer for the great shots. Im just happy that the pain and personal anguish of destroying my bike and ending my season can live on forever in public domain! now who wants to loan me a bike! (or a shitload of money) im pretty sure that was my last crash ever! :D

You're still 2nd in points in ROR GTO after this past weekend and only 10 points behind Otis. I already told you I have extra bodywork, subframe, tank, radiator, windscreens, etc. Let's get that thing back together.

hcr25
July 13th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Glad your ok Mike!

Was the flag restarted after lap 1 with 13 laps remaining or a full restart like lap 1 never happened?