PDA

View Full Version : If you missed Pueblo...you missed out!

Desmodromico
July 11th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks to the board for all your hard work and all the other racers for the camaraderie. Lots of close racing and excitement, watching the ROR guys use every last inch of the track and more was incredible, and I hope all those who took spills are healed up quickly, see you all at HPR!

jamesfromkent
July 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I second that - great weekend. Yes, the track at Pueblo is rough but its a great layout and a lot of fun.

Can't quite figure out why drag racing brings 100s of people but we can't get more than a handful of spectators.

jmaher
July 12th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I think drag racing brings out more fans as it is every Friday night (regular), is close to a population base, cheaper to participate, on TV more, LOUD, and you can get discount tickets/free passes almost anywhere in Pueblo.

Joe

vort3xr6
July 12th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I don't know about everybody else, but standing in Turn 10 watching Orlando fly through through that corner onto the straight was far more exciting than any loud car on the drag strip.

Chadwick929
July 12th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I don't know about everybody else, but standing in Turn 10 watching Orlando fly through through that corner onto the straight was far more exciting than any loud car on the drag strip.
No shit! I was sitting in front of the tires taking pics in that corner, you guys were hauling ASS through there.

jmaher
July 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Despite what I said, I think it is a matter of getting people to experience it. I write for SWScooter News. www.scooternews.net and have gotten lots of support from the "other" riding community. I had a few Harley type friends out yesterday and they had a blast. They really jumped in to help me get my bike ready for Sportsman (I'm the one that crashed in turn 4 during the AGTU). Frankly, HPR is a bit far for them to drive but they will be out, at least double in number for the next races in Pueblo. I gave them the 2 for 1 coupons to get them out (and by the way, I can't find anymore here in the Springs but need some to give to people for the Sept races). I think the 2 for 1 admission is a huge way to get them out.

This was my first race weekend and I cannot say enough good things about the people I met and my experience. There are many people I need to thank, but many I never got, or simply forgot their names. I REALLY need to thank Eric for taking his rear sets off his bike for me to use for the Sportsman race. Dude, I owe you a beer or something.

I learned alot, too. Mostly that the shield on my helmet has NO UV protection! I also saw the benefits of a pitbike. Can't afford one of those right now so I might throw my HD Road King on the trailer and use that. I can't wait until the 31st!

motolitho
July 12th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Or the battle between Ian and Drew in NovU.

I bet we did not leave nearly the mess that the drag race fans did either... beer cans, garbage and barf. Nice.

T Baggins
July 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Honestly I thought the track condition was as good or better than I remember it - with a couple exceptions on the line in Turn 1... which were totally avoidable if you paid attention.

Turn 10 was the best it's been in a decade! Still rough if you go way wide - but you shouldn't be out there anyway...

The racing was great, the weather gods smiled on us BIG both days, and we were able to get all the races in without rain delays or anything.

There were some "challenges" on Friday with multiple race entities trying to operate independently and without any prior communication - so there were some hiccups there... but I'm already in communication with two of the three groups to ensure that doesn't happen again in September

If you skipped Pueblo due to finances, I totally understand and feel your pain. :cry:

If you skipped it because you thought it would suck - you thought wrong! :shock: It was an awesome weekend, and my heartfelt thanks goes to everyone who was able to make it out! =D>

oldtimer
July 12th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Pueblo was awesome and the turn out was way better than I expected. And as much as people were complaining about having to sort suspension at the beginning of the weekend...they seem to have figured it out cuz times sure dropped by the end of Sunday! :shock:

benfoxmra95
July 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Honestly I thought the track condition was as good or better than I remember it - with a couple exceptions on the line in Turn 1... which were totally avoidable if you paid attention.

Turn 10 was the best it's been in a decade! Still rough if you go way wide - but you shouldn't be out there anyway...

If you skipped it because you thought it would suck - you thought wrong! :shock: It was an awesome weekend, and my heartfelt thanks goes to everyone who was able to make it out! =D>

eff that track...it's effen bumpy....i say vote it off the schedule!!!

Btw, that's sarcasm for those that can't decipher my dry wit.

Sorry got time to kill here in Dallas waiting for my air Mexico flight to dust crops.

Bartman
July 12th, 2010, 06:00 PM
What kind of crops get dusted in mexico, just wondering. :twisted:

loujr
July 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Pueblo was great! I only wish my clutch wouldn't have gone out in AmO I was doing the best in that class I had all year! I really missed that track, can't wait to go back! Thanks to the MRA, Racers, Corner Workers, and Everyone else that made it possible!

JWinter
July 12th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I was having a blast on Saturday until I tore the cush drive into pieces. With my bike being a one off it is impossible to borrow some parts from anyone else at the track. So we made the long disappointing drive back to Greeley Saturday.

Pueblo isn't the smoothest track we race at...But it still is a track that we get to race at. I don't want to be a one track club. I hope Pueblo can budget a repave soon.

Jeff

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 13th, 2010, 03:17 AM
No kidding! I got the pleasure of watching him chase Dalton all through RoRU from the announcer's tower.

If you've never seen Ricky try to chase down and (try to) pass someone, you've really missed out on fantastic racecraft. He was working around the outside exiting 10 all race looking to be setting Dalton up for a pass at some point. On the last lap he was about 2 feet off of Dalton's rear wheel exiting 10, got on the gas WAY early, slid both ends all the way to the paint line - *right* on the edge of the track, still with his knee down, picked it right back up and missed the win by 1/2 a length.

Watching Ricky battle with Dalton that race was just unbelievable.