PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo - Are you Coming?

T Baggins
July 6th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I need you all to weigh in on Round #4 at Pueblo.

If you are coming, please indicate as such.

If you ARE NOT COMING, please click appropriately - AND then detail below why you're not coming.

GNGSXR
July 6th, 2010, 09:42 AM
No. I wont be racing but Ill be down to spectate and bring a few people with me.

Hot bodies bellypan is on backorder for my gsxr.

Unless tech will let me zip tie an aluminum turkey pan to the bottom of my case. . . . . . . :oops:

DOUBLE A
July 6th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Did you ask around for one, to borrow or buy? I will check with a few people today!

GNGSXR
July 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Did you ask around for one, to borrow or buy?

posted in the wanted section.

i have on one order. it may or may not be here friday.

glenngsxr
July 6th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Tony,
Kind of a moot point since I took the year off anyways, but I would have skipped the Pueblo round if I had been racing this year. I loved it when Earlene ran the show. She was ALWAYS thrilled to have us and took care of us to the best of her abilities (and budget). It does not have that feel anymore. In addition, the track is worse and worse every year. Turn 10 just plain gets old. It's the only part of the track where (at least for me) I don't feel comfortable pushing through there and that takes the fun out of it to some degree. I have hit that wall and it's not fun.

With that being said Tony, some of my fondest MRA memories took place at PMP and I do have a special place in my heart for that track. I think with a repave and some minor corner adjustments, it could be an INCREDIBLE track once again.

I will get shot for saying this, but the long term viability of the club is the #1 priority. If the opportunity at Pueblo to AT LEAST break-even does not exist, than neither should that round of racing.

Glenn #62

jprider
July 6th, 2010, 09:58 AM
NO; Wish I could go, but the wife is graduating from her Master Degree that day and we are having alot of guests coming over. Sorry!

John
aka Staff Sergeant

cjmagnuss
July 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hell yea I'll be there!

As I'm sure youve seen there has been a lot of (well deserved) bad mouthing of the track surface going on and it may be impacting people's decision to race there.

But hey, it's racing and I need the points so I'll be there and so should everyone else.

Munch
July 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Since you asked...

I've only been to Pueblo a few times, each time the surface (to me atleast) has deteriorated. I don't have the track time to know where the bumps are, which bumps you have to avoid and which ones you simply have to deal with. To me it's no fun/not safe fighting getting bucked off. Honestly, I'll be skipping race 7 for the same reason.

However, I'll be running 5, 6, and 8 at HPR if the club keeps the schedule intact.

peteyt328
July 6th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I won't be going simply because I can't afford it. But I agree with the statement above, aside from the people who like Pueblo simply because its been around forever and they know it so well, there are a lot of people who simply don't like that track. Whether its the new management, lack of effort to maintain the track, or the big slippery steel plate entering the straight; if there is a race people are gonna miss, it seems this is the track most people will skip out on.

Superfreak
July 6th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I'm planning on being there, but there's always a chance that I may be called out of town.

Jesse Hansen
novice #540

ChestRockwell
July 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Come on racers. There will be no club if everyone decides not to race. To me it really shows how little passion people have for racing when this happens. It's a shame. So the track is a little fucked up. I don't give a shit. I want to be on my bike because that's all that I think about. All fucking day and night everyday I think about how much I love the sport. It keeps me ticking and gives me something to look forward too. Anyway, everybody should sign up because they can't wait till the weekend. I'll fuckin be there.

Wesley Seems :shock:

GNGSXR
July 6th, 2010, 10:20 AM
pueblos surface is not thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.

just watch out for the hole at 8, dont push it too hard on 10 (or find the secret line), and pray you dnot have to go wide on 1.

i saw a lot more people go down at HPRs recent trackday compared to pueblo last FAASST track day.
this may be due to a nicer surface at HPR giving people more confidence to push themselves. . . . . i dont know.

pueblo is fun to ride no matter what.

I wonder what all the really fast guys think about pueblo. . . . . . . .

sheispoison
July 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I'll be there. So will Fish (Patrick King) and Swift (Adam), but those two won't check they're email or this. The track is kind of shit, but I'm going racing anyway because I love it. Period.
Carl

Motodrew
July 6th, 2010, 10:43 AM
If cowboys can ride a 2000lb bull for 8 seconds, I think I can manage a motorcycle at Pueblo. Don't be afraid of a challenging course. Just dig in your spurs and give her hell! See y'all there! I'm looking forward to it!

Throttleroller277
July 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Aside from Glenn's comment about the wall (considering he hit it)....

The track surface is what it is, but the track layout is still fun, as is racing in general. One thing to keep in mind is that though it may be bumpy, or not the best surface... those conditions are the same for me, as they are for the next guy/gal, and the next, and the next... it's the same for everyone.

If you truly love the sport, and money is not the issue.... please come out and support racing, and the MRA.

My 2 cents

d2dracer
July 6th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Am I the only person who likes the bumpy track? I like how responsive it is and all the feed back it gives a persons suspension.

:lol:

Just for anyone that cares I about 65% sure i'll be there... have to make sure my money is in line.

DKahl
July 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Barely Legal will be there.

oldtimer
July 6th, 2010, 11:13 AM
AF and I are racing Pueblo this weekend.

Pueblo is bumpy but I don't consider it dangerous (glenn's experience not withstanding). I just appreciate the variety--Pueblo is totally different from HPR. Having different courses brings out strengths in random riders and mixes up the racing, which makes for better racing IMO.

Hopefully guys are just dragging their feet for sign up. If your buddies aren't signed up yet please remind them to do it. :)

mtrain
July 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM
The M Train will be there.

glenngsxr
July 6th, 2010, 11:26 AM
AF and I are racing Pueblo this weekend.

Pueblo is bumpy but I don't consider it dangerous (glenn's experience not withstanding). I just appreciate the variety--Pueblo is totally different from HPR. Having different courses brings out strengths in random riders and mixes up the racing, which makes for better racing IMO.

Hopefully guys are just dragging their feet for sign up. If your buddies aren't signed up yet please remind them to do it. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't slam into the thing incredibly hard, but hard enough to make me dizzy for a couple days and hard enough to make me think about it when going through there sometimes. Hey, wrecks happen and I am not mad at Pueblo for that one, just wish they would at least make effort to make some changes.

Pueblo is a blast to ride and the layout is amazing. The track has a good mix of turns and is generally safe. It will feel like MX for the first few laps because everyone has been spoiled by HPR. The bummer is that the track collects fees and we see nothing in return except a worse track every year. At least at HPR there is something new every time I have been there. Whether it's bathrooms, a pavilion, power, fuel stations, etc. Reinvestment into the us, ie the club, which makes me think that HPR cares about us. I am a little reluctant to give money to someone (Pueblo) that does not care if we show up or not.

Racers race and all of you should go to Pueblo. Is it a little bumpy? Yeah. Are there sketchy corners? Yeah. Will it make you a much better rider? That's for damn sure.

Glenn #62

random hero
July 6th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I'm still on the fence, just not sure if I can afford... never been to pueblo, sucks though... it's the closest track to me. I'm going to vote no, but things can change

Ray-Ray
July 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Hell Yeah I will be there! I'm on a mission to find my pinky!

Tornado
July 6th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I can't wait to race with all my friends!!!! :D :D

Sprtbkbabe
July 6th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Considering I just hosed down the bike from the monsoon @ HPR last round :( , Snowman and I will be there. Hotel booked a week ago...

Jager
July 6th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Both Brant and I won't be coming this weekend but are planning to attend the next round at HPR

Throttleroller277
July 6th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Hell Yeah I will be there! I'm on a mission to find my pinky!

I'm pretty sure Kooter has beaten you too it already, and eaten it during her "Midnight runs"....... Sorry Ray Ray

But on a side note:
I've got a Pinky in my Kooter!! 8)

rforsythe
July 6th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I'm working medical at PMP for y'all so not going to race, but I will still add a paid entry to LW Endurance to help out where I can. I'm not sure where the go/no-go mark for the weekend is (which is what I think this thread is implying exists), but hopefully it's able to happen without a junk-kick to the club's financials.

kfm61
July 6th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Not going to be there. :(
Finances and schedule won't allow me to be back until race 5 or 6.

Good luck to those racing, I'll see you at the last few races of the season.

vort3xr6
July 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'll be there.

I don't like the track and I am just gonna try and keep it upright. Racing is already dangerous. For me, adding the element of a shitty track just compounds the risks. Not very fun but at least its better than a torrential downpour at HPR.

See you all there.

Bartman
July 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
No. I wont be racing but Ill be down to spectate and bring a few people with me.

Hot bodies bellypan is on backorder for my gsxr.

Unless tech will let me zip tie an aluminum turkey pan to the bottom of my case. . . . . . . :oops:

Yes I will let a turkey pan fly for a weekend.
Bartman

ZiaThunder
July 6th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I'm planning on being there, I'm also bringing at least one other NM racer with me.

I figure that part of racing is figuring out the track and dealing with its personality. I've always like the PMP layout.

talladega
July 6th, 2010, 01:58 PM
No black Thruxton at PMP either. Have to fly my daughter back to Memphis for rest of summer that day...

Bartman
July 6th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I am disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm for a Really fun track, is it new no but very challenging and was our safest track until HPR. Hell I love the wiggle as I go over the steel plate out of turn 10. Just like every track we go to you have to race the track as well as the other racers, part of racing is finding a line that works better then the next guys.
I short get off the couch and come out and race.

spideyrdr
July 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm coming for SuperStreet and I have heard from two other guys who are coming (Kyle and Clark).

Jamie

motolitho
July 6th, 2010, 02:39 PM
This is weak. We are so lucky to have more than one track to ride. That's the main reason why I got into this... after Second Creek closed- I thought all hope was lost. Pueblo was my first re-entry into road racing. It's got funk factor... so what! Turn 1 rules!

random hero
July 6th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Is there a cutoff for participation where the event would be cancelled?

TransNone13
July 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I registered for the lap day the 9th AND the SS. I'm new to track racing, but seriously? I'll race anywhere, anytime, in anything; my first race was in the downpour at HPR and it went fine. Trying to bring 5 spectators as well. All about this sport!

Seriously, let's not let this event fall through. This will be my last opportunity to race before I leave!

T Baggins
July 6th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Is there a cutoff for participation where the event would be cancelled?

Not yet... We're bound to lose money on this event based on current entries. The question is how much... and how much of a loss can we tolerate / absorb at this point in the season?

Really all we need is for a bunch more people to sign up and then all is well in MRA Race Land! :D

Jon
July 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I've got prior commitments but I'm not going to cash the check for the ROR round I did with you and I hope that at least helps. I hope to try and race with you guys sometime in the future I just want the shit storm and allegations of cheating to clear. Usually takes about a year sometimes more before there's a new crowd. Good luck to all and Pueblo still gets my vote as a fun track that's not too dangerous, but then again whatta I know.

T Baggins
July 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks Jon, every little bit helps for sure! :D

KeithLincoln
July 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I'm new to the MRA, and have never ridden there. I've visited the track, and it looks like a fun layout. The surface doesn't look too bad, but I don't like the wall on the outside of the turn that brings you back onto the drag strip.

For me, roadracing is just a hobby, so I've decided its not worth the risk of tangling with a wall.

I've made the same decision about PPIR. So, unfortunately I only do the HPR rounds.

Keith

rybo
July 6th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Keith,

So you know we protect that wall with large sections of airfence. Overall I find the track at Pueblo to be very safe.

Maybe we can convince you to join us?

s

oldtimer
July 6th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks for your support Jon G we appreciate it!

Throttleroller277
July 6th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I second that!.... Thanks Jon! You're a good man 8)

charliec
July 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Ok! We're IN for Pueblo...Wait PUEBLO IS BUMPY????

Bartman
July 6th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Jonny you are one hell of a generous guy and screw all the cheating BS I know you are a stand up guy who has done nothing but good for the MRA. Come back at the next chance you get your friends and club need you.

cactusjack
July 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately, my wheel isn't quite ready yet. I'm sure the bone is fine - after all, the hardware will keep that together nicely - but I still have a torn ligament. Going to race the next one, though, my orthopod and physio don't know what they're talking about.

But I'll be around.

Moto-Mania
July 6th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Based on what I saw at the FAASST track day (6/27/10), T10 is the smoothest it's ever been during my brief tenure with the club - since 2007 or so. I was actually kind of impressed. Everything else is still vintage Pueblo.

jrscooter
July 6th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I'm in!!. heard the track has gone down hill a bit, but I've never riden on that track before so it will definitely be fun..

shortie171
July 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
:cry: I won't be making PMP or the rest of the year. Same as most who aren't racing-don't have the money. I love racing more than anything but can't sacrifice my home to do it. I'm hoping to pay my truck off this year and that should drastically help for next year. Unfortunately my line of work is also still being hit hard by the economy and every month I have to wonder how much I'll be working the next month.

On a side note I think people are over thinking Pueblos track condition. It's not that bad and not that scary. And your suspension and line choices are Both adjustable.

LordLosh
July 6th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I just do not have enough money to go or i would. I was recently cut to a max of 40 hours and most of the time i don't even get 40 so no Over time means no race this weekend but i should be good for next race.

loujr
July 6th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I will be there! I have invited as many people as I can to come watch, and I got a new guy to come for the super street class! I even helped him get his bike ready! I know Pueblo might not be as smooth as other tracks we have raced at, however a race is a race! Conditions are the same for all of us! I actually really like Pueblo I always have, even as a kid! I am not going to let anything keep me from racing, it's my wife's birthday on saturday the 10...so I am making her come with me! 8) 8)

Just paid for races....See you there!!!!! :D :D :D :D

DarkKnight
July 6th, 2010, 08:29 PM
No for me - leaving for Vegas on Thursday.

joe859
July 6th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I'll be there.
I'd be there if it was CDR.

froth
July 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I won't be racing there or anywhere else this season due to my Father's Day stroke. I will be taking care of Lincoln on Sunday, though (He'd be doing both days, but his wife is getting her Masters Degree Saturday, and that's pretty darned important!)

Who's racing the 4 hour? I'm sponsoring one team of four.

kitten
July 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I will be there. Very excited to be racing again. In my opinion Pueblo is a fun track and if your suspension is set up correctly you don't even notice most of the bumps.

Jakester
July 6th, 2010, 09:51 PM
pueblos surface is not thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.
There was a lot of dirt biking going on yesterday at HPR
just watch out for the hole at 8, dont push it too hard on 10 (or find the secret line), and pray you dnot have to go wide on 1.

i saw a lot more people go down at HPRs recent trackday compared to pueblo last FAASST track day.
this may be due to a nicer surface at HPR giving people more confidence to push themselves. . . . . i dont know.

pueblo is fun to ride no matter what.

I wonder what all the really fast guys think about pueblo. . . . . . . .

Jakester
July 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
There was alot of dirt biking going on at HPR yesterday

dave.gallant
July 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM
For the amount of bitching and moaning about the track surface, you would figure all MRA racers now simply play XBOX instead of actually riding their motorcycles.

:shock:

davy4575
July 6th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Its pavement....does it matter that much if its bumpy? If you dont feel like your in safe zone....um slow down I guess, or dont...what do I know. It seems better than most canyons that people ride. Me, I decided to start racing when Im knockin on the door of 40 and have a shitload of serious injuries already. I dont have the money or the body left to be crashin, so PMP is just like any other day at the track for me, beats workin any day. Im going racing, and bringing my brother down so he can race superstreet as well. Crashing sucks, so Ill just do my best to keep it shinny side up

Turn one gives me wood :D

LEVIATHAN
July 6th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I'm planning on attending Pueblo, along with the crew. Heck, Pueblo's been rough ever since I first rode it in '94. I still love it, bumps and all...... 8)

p.s. I also wanted to help Ray-Ray find his pinky :wink:

JohnGarc
July 7th, 2010, 05:38 AM
YES. I will be there. Along with my wife, Martin-776, my Big Fat Mexican Pueblo Family and my old Pueblo crew from Facebook. Should be an excellent turnout. Ah hell, maybe If were lucky I can post up some tamale and burrito ladies in Turn 9? J/K, lol...

PUEBLO is my favorite track and I wouldn't miss it for the world!!! Can't wait to see you all there!!!

jmart
July 7th, 2010, 07:19 AM
93% of the mud is off! I’ll be there. :lol:

Jessie

Slayir
July 7th, 2010, 07:29 AM
It's racing - so I'm there! It's a great track ... and racing different tracks makes you better. If all we ever raced was HPR it would get boring too.

rforsythe
July 7th, 2010, 07:32 AM
For the amount of bitching and moaning about the track surface, you would figure all MRA racers now simply play XBOX instead of actually riding their motorcycles.

:shock:

I tried, I have found that Wii MotoGP is considerably harder than the real thing.

peteyt328
July 7th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I think what a lot of you don't understand is that money is the root of most decisions. I know a lot of racers either have really good jobs or really good sponsors but for those of us who have to pay for our own tires and race fees.. thats $650 right there. So, to many people $800 is a lot to go race a track with no RV hookups and more weeds growing out of it than my back yard, especially when we have been blessed with a track as nice as HPR. Unfortunately, many of us have suffered from the poor economy over the last year and the money saved from skipping a race can go a long way in "non-race" land. Point being, if money was not a factor for anyone, I am guessing the turnout would be better for Pueblo.

I'm not trying to rustle anyone's feathers, I'm just trying to explain to those of you who think the people backing out don't like riding enough or don't care about our club. I wouldn't be going regardless of where this race was because I simply can't spend that much money right now.

d2dracer
July 7th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Signed up and paid.

8)

T Baggins
July 7th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I think you're right, Peter, about the money thing...

Many people can't afford a full season, regardless of where the races are held. So they do the obvious thing and skip the ones that are the furthest away, or the most expensive to attend (hotel, gas, etc...).

Somehow we need to find a balance, though, as worrying from event to event whether or not we'll go broke is pretty stressful.

We DO have enough entries now to run the Pueblo race. The financial loss to run it is now about equal to the loss from canceling it - so it makes sense to hold it for the people who "can" attend and "want" to race at Pueblo.

Hopefully we'll be able to do a poll of the membership here soon to better understand your wants and needs and put together a race season (for 2011) that best meets the needs of ALL our members - and is set up such that we're not likely to go broke...

gsnyder828
July 7th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I'm still on the fence... but voted no. I'll decide for sure before tonight.

$$ isn't the issue for me - life is just getting in the way.

Too busy @ work, no time to work on the bikes and a back injury are working against me at the moment...

:x

Desmodromico
July 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm in, and for the record my buddy who came to the trackday had a blast, said it was way less dangerous than California speedway where he used to ride a lot. I had fun, I'm just slow as crap there...

oldtimer
July 7th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Woot we're racing this weekend!!! \:D/

Bartman
July 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I think what a lot of you don't understand is that money is the root of most decisions. I know a lot of racers either have really good jobs or really good sponsors but for those of us who have to pay for our own tires and race fees.. thats $650 right there. So, to many people $800 is a lot to go race a track with no RV hookups and more weeds growing out of it than my back yard, especially when we have been blessed with a track as nice as HPR. Unfortunately, many of us have suffered from the poor economy over the last year and the money saved from skipping a race can go a long way in "non-race" land. Point being, if money was not a factor for anyone, I am guessing the turnout would be better for Pueblo.

I'm not trying to rustle anyone's feathers, I'm just trying to explain to those of you who think the people backing out don't like riding enough or don't care about our club. I wouldn't be going regardless of where this race was because I simply can't spend that much money right now.

Pete we totally understand the money issue as we lose most of our racers to money or injury, but what you just said was that you will spend your money at HPR and not PMI because it is a worse track and you are correct in that regard but worse or not having multiple tracks is something most clubs do not have and we won't if people don't go to PMI or Pikes. If I only rode on world class tracks I would be at Miller or Laguna or Barber hell the list goes on but they are not our tracks but HPR PMI and Pikes are ours and I want to keep them all.
I guess it's different for us oldtimers but when I stated we had Mountan View, Second Creek in two directions, Stapleton, Pueblo, Pikes, Steamboat and it has been sad to see them all go the way of the Dodo. We still have Pueblo and Pikes and I want to keep them so please continue to support them.
Bartman

d2dracer
July 7th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I wish we could still ride in Steamboat again. I think those old school races sounded really awesome!

phildrummond
July 7th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I'm paid through the next 2 rounds. How could I miss riding around my bumpy old friend of PMP? I've always wished T9 would be a gentle right, extend T10 out 100 ft south of the light pole and give us a straight line through the burnout boxes, but no one asked me.

If Pueblo were a car, it'd be an orange Pinto with a brown door, but it's home just the same.

For those whining about bumps and walls, I recall some of the same were stoked about PPIR, bouncing through T1 or T6 within a short slide to Concrete Walltown. PMP is just another track to give us variety in racing. If we only ran HPR, the guys that go best there would be top of points at the end of the season. If we only raced PMP, the best rain racer could never come out on top. Bumps, temps, weather, injuries...all things to adjust to and be challenged by.

racedk6
July 7th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Like Pete said money is an issue with a lot of people. We all know the club needs money to stay around. But what I think some people are forgetting is that racing to most people is a hobby. The expendable income isnt always there like it has been in the past. The economy is hurting most people like it is hurting our club.

Bartman
July 7th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Grubbsy I get it I really do but the number of 1 track clubs is huge, we are very lucky to have what we do. Back in the day you would have Second Creek experts, they would only practice there and only in one direction because it was in their backyard. The problem was they would get their ass handed to them when they went anywhere else, riding different tracks is what makes us better riders.

racedk6
July 7th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Racing different tracks is fun and does make us better racers. But if the club is losing money because the people that dont want to race at pueblo dont show up, then it seems more logical to not run the track.

Like I said in the other thread, if we race at pueblo I will be there. If the MRA races the 1/4 midget track at Pueblo I will be there too.

vort3xr6
July 7th, 2010, 01:20 PM
If grubbs goes. I go.

dragos13
July 7th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Like Bart said, its great to have multiple tracks to race on. As much as I love HPR, I still love going to Pueblo. Sure its bumpy, but its a fun and challenging track. The weather is looking great and we have enough riders to hopefully not break the bank. The wall will have air-fence and the bumps are the same for everyone.

Can't wait to see everyone there!!!

Also, if you are new to the track I will be giving sighting laps on Friday and also Saturday morning during practice. Find me in the Michelin pit or at the riders meeting and we can go out for a couple laps :)

nobasin
July 7th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Wasn't sure, but coming now (wife out of town and just found babysitter), budget style, last race's tires, just sat racing...but I'm coming and adding whatever little $$$ to MRA revenues this weekend.

Pueblo is a super fun track, never thought it was particularly dangerous, just maybe a hair sketch here and there but what isn't in motorcycle racing?. In my first season in '07, I think 7 of 10 races were at Pueblo. Has it really deteriorated that bad that some feel the need to slam it? I'm guessing people are just spoiled by the butter (and the MRA's partial ownership) at HPR.

I understand if it's a choice to race or not at one facility vs. the other because of $$$, then you can't fault somebody for picking and choosing to race only at HPR where they feel they have a better and/or safer experience, even if other people don't necessarily feel that way. I'd guess most every person in this club would be at every race and every available track/practice day if time and $$$ allowed. I don't think it's a lack of passion keeping people from coming out, it's a lack of funds.

oldtimer
July 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I'm guessing people are just spoiled by the butter (and the MRA's partial ownership) at HPR.

Haha I agree HPR is butter! Glad you're coming back out for some fun. :D

DOUBLE A
July 7th, 2010, 04:24 PM
pete your such an a$$hole.......just kidding! LOL No really since pete is faster maybe I will just stop racing and be his sponsor...just put my picture on the side of the bike.

It sucks about the economy, but if there is any MRA assfault two wheel action I will be there!

gsnyder828
July 7th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I'm still on the fence... but voted no. I'll decide for sure before tonight.

I'm in.

My back doesn't hurt that bad...

jmaher
July 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM
This will be my first "real" race weekend.

Joe

chrobis
July 7th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Okay, okay, I'll be there. My apologies, I have been distracted lately, but from all the no-shows, I should be able to make up ground on some of those who didn't wuss out in the rain at HPR.:oops:

OUTLAWD
July 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM
signed up!

I'm not going to get any faster by not riding...

freddiewest
July 8th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Come on Pete!!!! there are enough of us now to get you out there racing this weekend!!!!

You know I will help with your races, as long as you stay behind me NOV O buddy :twisted: We enjoy seeing you in the pits and I owe you and your family big time for helping me clean the bike up and feeding me dinner after my off track excursion in the rain!!! That was a long day

PLEASE COME RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldtimer
July 8th, 2010, 08:32 AM
On a positive, SuperStreet sounds like a big turn out this round--I'm stoked to watch those guys!

That class is a big part of our club's future. :D

vonconcepts.com
July 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I can't tell you how sad it is for me to be in New Mexico and read this thread. The MRA took me in with open arms back in the day and with the variety of tracks, I became a pretty good rider. The MRA is one of those clubs that gets into your heart and feels like family... I can't tell you how awesome it was to see folks on June 27th!

I had to move to NM and SMRI has ONE track. Sure we are unveiling a new configuration this month, but the damage to my riding is already done. 7 turns with only 2 lefts and pitiful ones at that made me a wuss at other tracks. I went to HPR for the first time last year and bailed into the blind right hander off the back straight only to be passed right back in the following downhill left-hander.

DON"T let that happen to you! Rally - Use your tracks. The MRA is a strong club and can accomplish much as a team. I am actually forming my plan for 2011 to attend more events with you.

Kurt - SMRI #316
p.s. Jon Gleafke was an ispiration to me in the day. That topic needs remedied and he needs to feel welcome. Can't beleive I keep seeing that?!?!

Spicee Brown
July 8th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Im a 3rd year Novice ( hopeless?) But Pueblo holds a special place in my heart. Im going down to spectate ( again) and see the track..and I usually show up and kiss turn ten..ahhh Pueblo..Its all I know..Ill be bringing spectators, a Colorado Powersports Banner, and my wrenching duties.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 9th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I'll definitely be there.

Snowman
July 9th, 2010, 09:49 AM
As a graduate of the Super Street Class this will be my first chance at racing as a licensed racer. I’ve ridden PMP before at Chicane Day events and have gotten to know the track very well. It’s a completely different beast than HPR or PPIR as each track we race should be.

I completely understand the financial problems we and this organization face. And as a racer I know I must take care of me first and then if I can the origination. Luckily this round I’m in, however I know if I go down again I’ll probably be done for the season.

This doesn’t stop me from racing, but does prevent me from doing some of the things I want to the bike (tire warmers, generator, bodywork etc…) and things to improve my skills (racing schools) things I know would help make me more competitive.

But this for me is not about taking home a trophy or standing on a podium. For me this is about what I can do with what I have. Feeling the rush of three wide into turn 1. Knowing I can take the rider in front of me because he went wide in turn 4. Hitting my marks going into 6 faster than I did before. As a club level racer these are the reason I race.

Chadwick929
July 9th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I'll be there, but I don't think I count. 8)