PDA

View Full Version : Jason Pridmore's STAR School at HPR

oldtimer
June 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Heads up that they're coming back to Colorado! I took STAR School last year at High Plains and loved it. I enjoy Jason Pridmore's style of teaching and get a lot out of it. For anyone interested in working with a performance riding school STAR will be at HPR August 7/8.

http://www.starmotorcycle.com/2010_events_by_track/high_plains_raceway

vort3xr6
June 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I might be interested in this. Is it really worth it?

oldtimer
July 1st, 2010, 08:41 AM
I looked at it this way--it's $350 for one day with Pridmore's school. If it costs $150 to do a track day with no coaching, for an additional $200 STAR provides drills and instruction all day. It was classroom/on-track alternating sessions, as well as a track walk and technique demonstrations both in the pits and on track.

That being said I did the 2-day school last year and the second day got a lot more in depth on race lines and technique. If you're only going to do one day consider Sunday.

phildrummond
July 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
Cool! Requirements didn't mention Suzukis are required (like Schwantz's) but every photo has a Suzuki. Do you know if any bike manufacturer is welcome or is it a branded class?

Bartman
July 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Run what you brung, its always better to learn on the bike you are riding.

phildrummond
July 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
Very true. I did the Schwantz School and it's how I started racing on a GSXR. Figured if I'm going to ride/race anyway and he requires me rent a GSXR for $1,000, might as well buy one and keep it.

Obviously, the school didn't help my speed much.

oldtimer
July 1st, 2010, 04:38 PM
STAR has bikes available to rent--Chris Ulrich and Aaron Colton were on rented bikes at last year's school--but students are welcome to ride their own. I rode my ZX.

oldtimer
July 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM
bump, this is 3 weeks away

oldtimer
August 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Aaron and I will be at STAR this weekend. Anyone looking for coaching help and a lot of seat time, this school delivers. I've taken it a couple of times and I love it!