PDA

View Full Version : PCA Needs workers at HPR for their annual race!

The GECCO
June 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Passing this along as a favor to PCA. Please contact them directly with any questions or to sign up.

RMR-PCA is hosting the Porsche Club Race for 2010 which will be held at High Plains Raceway on August 14th and 15th. This will be our second Club Race at HPR! If you were there last year, you know what a success that event was. This year could prove to be even bigger and better. The co-chairs are Rick Goncalves, Kathy Fricke and Vicki Earnshaw. We expect to draw racers from across the nation for a return engagement! Some of the fastest sports car in North America come to the PCA Club Races.

We are in need of corner workers for the event. The offer for full time corner workers is:

· A per diem of $50 per day for full-time non-driving workers
· Light breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
· Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
· Banquet on Saturday at the track (Saturday workers only)
· Beer:30 cocktail party on Saturday and Sunday
· Porsche Club Racing Official Event Patch
· Noon time track rides
· Fabulous Colorado weather
· A vote in the Workers’ Choice Award for best racer of the day in each race and the enduro, a very prestigious and coveted award

We will be staffing the 14 corners with two people per corner and we have several openings for those interested in the “best seats” at the track, i.e. working a corner. We will be filling the openings on a first response basis. If you haven’t had much (or any) corner worker experience yet, we will make sure to pair newer volunteers with seasoned corner workers. You will be given a briefing from the PCA National Steward in attendance before hitting the bunkers.

So if you’re interested in reserving one of those “best seats” at the track reply to this email to Roger Buswell, roger@rogerbuswell.com or call me at 303-660-6199 and/or to Joe Warren, warrenjoee@comcast.net; your Corner Worker Recruiters. Let us know which day or days you can work, your best phone number and email and your experience level. Both of us are available to answer any questions.

Thanks.

Roger Buswell

shaneboone
June 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hey Glenn . so this PCA thing sounds like fun. Not much pay but at least it will pay the gas expense there and back so Aug 14 & 15 I think you can count on me being there. Thanks. shane-