PDA

View Full Version : Thank you President Tony Baker

oldtimer
June 16th, 2010, 11:13 PM
...for being an anal retentive, micro managing, penny pinching, budget muncher!!

Your OCD attention to details in shaving down MRA race costs has saved us after last weekend's miserable turn out. I was pleasantly surprised to find out we ONLY lost $1441 last weekend and the club is not headed for the ditch after round 3.

Thank you and keep up the good work!! =D>

DarkKnight
June 17th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Here, Here - I second that

T Baggins
June 17th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Well Thank You Miss Wyeth for the kind words - and you're quite welcome... :D

Not sure "budget muncher" is my favorite pet name... but whatever works. :lol:

Wyeth is correct in that the restructuring of our business operations during the off season absolutely SAVED OUR ASSES this past race weekend. We've put measures in place to ensure:

1) Each race weekend costs less to put on this year compared to last year

and

2) We are "hedged" against poor turnout, so that when the turnout is low like it was last weekend, it costs us less to put the weekend on.

If this same scenario had happened last year, we most certainly would have lost more than $10,000 - which would have wiped out nearly HALF of our operating budget. This is what happened last year, twice, and it promptly ran the club into the ground financially...

So Kudos to everyone in the club who has been supportive (or at least understanding) of the changes, and special thanks to the prior and current Board members for working overtime and making difficult decisions to create a sustainable business plan for 2010 and beyond.

Now - we'd better see a HUGE turnout at Pueblo July 10th & 11th, as the Pueblo rounds are our BEST opportunity to make a good profit on the weekend... which we could certainly use right about now! 8-[

The GECCO
June 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM
=D>

random hero
June 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Great job Tony... Your doing the club a great service. Thanks!!

KFinn
June 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks much!

loujr
June 19th, 2010, 10:25 AM
=D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ =D> \:D/