PDA

View Full Version : rain

TRK
June 13th, 2010, 07:03 AM
We had lots of it :shock:

vort3xr6
June 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I have lost all faith in Deer Trail, CO.

ON top of the fact that every damn f'ing race the track started drying rendering rain tires useless.

I hope mother nature gets double black eyes.

Clarkie
June 13th, 2010, 08:41 PM
So it's mother nature's fault you didnt anticipate the track drying? :?

rforsythe
June 13th, 2010, 08:50 PM
:lol: True dat Aaron. I used the Brownie method of weather forecasting:
Me: "Hey dude should I switch to DOT's? Looks like it's starting to dry."
Brownie: "Fuck yeah, switch 'em now!"

Worked great!

Clarkie
June 13th, 2010, 08:56 PM
We didnt have rain tires in Aussie when I started so we would just go out in the rain on slicks and suck it up :D

TRK
June 13th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Pick a wet line or a dry line. Or roll the dice..............Part of the craft.

Of course with the Moham luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cromer611
June 13th, 2010, 10:26 PM
all bitching aside, i think we all learned and developed alot of skills as racers this weekend (the ones who showed up). rain racin aint easy, niehter is trying to plan dots/slicks vrs rains.
so to all who crashed.. heal up fast, and get ready for some pueblo racin cuz if it rains there.... we all go home : )

Desmodromico
June 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I liked racing in the rain Saturday, but once it started to dry I was screwed. With only one set of rims there was no way I could swap between races, hopefully can find a set of extra rims sometime this year to prevent a repeat.

Clarkie
June 13th, 2010, 10:33 PM
LOL you Amercian's who only like racing in the dry crack me up. It's racing and meant to challenge you as both racers and tacticians. It's not knitting....not that I have ever knitted a ski scarf or anything else just to meet chicks of course :wink:

loujr
June 13th, 2010, 11:26 PM
all bitching aside, i think we all learned and developed alot of skills as racers this weekend (the ones who showed up). rain racin aint easy, niehter is trying to plan dots/slicks vrs rains.
so to all who crashed.. heal up fast, and get ready for some pueblo racin cuz if it rains there.... we all go home : )

Well said. I have only had a chance to ride in the rain a couple times, and I think this weekend was a great experience! I was unable to race on sunday due to circumstances out of my control, however I did learn a ton on saturday! Colorado is funky like that! Better plan for everything you can think of!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
June 14th, 2010, 08:13 AM
LOL you Amercian's who only like racing in the dry crack me up. It's racing and meant to challenge you as both racers and tacticians. It's not knitting....not that I have ever knitted a ski scarf or anything else just to meet chicks of course :wink:
I'm with Clarkie! I love rain racing - it takes away the advantage of horsepower and rewards smoothness. A racer friend I knew from Holland told me they have to race in the rain over there, or they don't race.

I first raced in the rain @ Daytona on some Dunlop D364s .. it was a blast and completely got me over being afraid of the wet. 99% of it is mental anyway. I thought it was fun trying to figure out what tires were going to work - although I'm not Oscar and didn't have to change them over and over. :-)

Clarkie, please post pictures of your knitting. I need a new beanie.

1ofTheBoys
June 14th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Rain or shine, it's racing and allot of fun. The only reason I was on the fence about racing in the rain this weekend was that I was using a borrowed bike. I ended up racing anyways and the rain tires hooked up very well. Had a blast out there this weekend. Thanks to all that made it happen.

Sol Performance
June 14th, 2010, 08:34 AM
haha.. yeah Jim, when I see it drizzle in the morning I just start doing stretches cause I know I will be getting a lot of exercise.

I have the easy part of putting the tires on. The hard part is up to you guys and using them!

I am glad to help in anyway I can.

T Baggins
June 14th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I don't particularly "enjoy" racing in the rain... but it is part of the deal. I was well off the pace of the "good" rain racers, but kept it upright and was 100% focused every second of the race - which is not typical for me. :oops: I finished exactly where I would have if it were dry anyway, it was just a different experience.

Then the track dried (completely!), and I didn't have an extra set of wheels, the time or ambition for switching out tires.

So I went out on full rains, on a completely dry track... and did fine. I was only 6 seconds off my "normal" pace (because I'm normally slow anyway...). The guys in front of me were on dot's or cut dot's, and even so it was a great battle. One of the most fun of the year for me with Hellerstedt and I all over one another for the 4 laps until the race was red flagged.

jbrowning
June 14th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I want to thank everyone who came out and raced in the rain. It gave me a chance to get some great rain shots like this. This was from the OSB yesterday.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/jimb63/_IGP7349rrw.jpg

Thank you all very much.
Jim

2Blue
June 14th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I tried my hardest to find that much water on the track during OSS. I found something exiting turn 6 and landed on my ass :shock: I still had a great time!

Clarkie
June 14th, 2010, 09:02 PM
clarkie, please post pictures of your knitting. I need a new beanie.

Jim does it need to be pink and match those daipers I knitted you? If so I will have to get some more yarn :)