PDA

View Full Version : AMB Transponder Wall Charger

Snowman
June 8th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I have a used AMB Transponder that only has a working car charger.
Does anyone happen to know what the Voltage / Amp Ratings are for the wall charger so I can pick one up at Radio Shack?

Thanks

T Baggins
June 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Chris Dale knows everything... ping him and he'll hook you up.

Scored51
June 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Yes. Yes I do. :oops:

Radio shack does have a charger. You're looking for a 12 volt 1 amp (1,000 mA) charger. This is overkill, but the transponder has circuitry to limit the charging draw. Bring your cradle when you go to the store as you will need make sure to pick up the right plug adapter. This will set you back about $20.

I've also heard Battteries Plus has chargers of the same sort, but I don't have any hard info.

Jon
June 9th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Well if you don't know about Batteries Plus and what they have or don't have you really don't know everything DO You? Admit it and be a man. :lol:

Snowman
June 9th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Well he knew enough. Got the 12v/1A Radio Shack Charger and its working fine...

Although there was that little brown out of the negborhood, and someone said somethign about a mushroom cloud downtown, but I doubt they are realated...

Scored51
June 9th, 2010, 11:50 PM
"Just a coincidence!" is what I told the officer when the same thing happened to me! BTW, if you use the RadioShack charger and the brown out was spread more than two blocks in any direction, it means the transponder has a "better" charge and will produce faster lap times by the fifth practice session on Saturday of MRA race weekends. Can't say that with any honesty about the Batteries Plus charger. :lol::lol::lol: