PDA

View Full Version : Water near Byers

scott_tiller
June 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
It's official, we're white trash now. :)

We bought a toy hauler and needed to know if there was a water fill up place East of 70/ E470.

We are trying to keep the weight down and it would be nice to fill up nearer the track.

Thanks,
Trina Dawson
novice #186

oldtimer
June 8th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Woot! There's a KOA Kampground at Strasburg you could stop at

http://www.campdenver.com/

So does this mean Scott's going to start racing too? He should at least start riding the trackdays with you. :twisted:

T Baggins
June 8th, 2010, 12:55 PM

We bought a toy hauler and needed to know if there was a water fill up place East of 70/ E470.

We are trying to keep the weight down and it would be nice to fill up nearer the track.

Thanks,
Trina Dawson
novice #186

Welcome to the MRA trailer park... you've just increased the likelihood of a tornado wiping us all out by 6%... :lol:

From experience, the difference in hauling water such a short distance and "not" hauling water is negligible... and it's way more convenient to do it all at home when you're not pressed for time, and while you're multi-tasking loading all your other crap into the trailer. Make sure to fill it up ALL THE WAY so it's not sloshing all around and upsetting your rig.

It takes about 20 minutes to fill mine from empty - not time you'll want to waste sitting at KOA when you're amping to get to the track. You'll get to spend plenty of time there AFTER the races on Sunday dumping your poo tank as it is. $5 in Strausburg, and the people are nice...

Now if you were going to Miller or someplace far away, then it would be different.

If the trailer is new (or maybe even moreso if it's used and you don't know the maintenance history...) you'll need to sanitize the fresh water tank with bleach/water solution, drain it, fill it, drain it, and then fill it again before using it. Otherwise you'll be in the flush-o-potty all weekend with giardia...

And, finally - don't be like Jim Brewer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6LdFpJXylI

The insurance company HATES it when that happens!

random hero
June 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Off topic some.... But can we hook up to track power Thursday evening, and what time will the gates close, I'll probably be showing up around 9pm... thanks

oldtimer
June 8th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Off topic some.... But can we hook up to track power Thursday evening, and what time will the gates close, I'll probably be showing up around 9pm... thanks

Check out the RV Reservations page on the HPR website:

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/rv-reservations.html

Note it states to click through the "RV Calendar" link to find out which spots are already reserved on which days. Glenn says that Thursday night trailer drop off and plug in is ok but no overnight campers Thursday night. Call him if you need more details. :)

random hero
June 8th, 2010, 05:47 PM
No overnight camping Thursday night.... Bummer, Guess I'll be staying in Denver for the night :cry:

davy4575
June 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Thanks,
Trina Dawson
novice #186

Welcome to the MRA trailer park... you've just increased the likelihood of a tornado wiping us all out by 6%... :lol:

From experience, the difference in hauling water such a short distance and "not" hauling water is negligible... and it's way more convenient to do it all at home when you're not pressed for time, and while you're multi-tasking loading all your other crap into the trailer. Make sure to fill it up ALL THE WAY so it's not sloshing all around and upsetting your rig.

It takes about 20 minutes to fill mine from empty - not time you'll want to waste sitting at KOA when you're amping to get to the track. You'll get to spend plenty of time there AFTER the races on Sunday dumping your poo tank as it is. $5 in Strausburg, and the people are nice...

Now if you were going to Miller or someplace far away, then it would be different.

If the trailer is new (or maybe even moreso if it's used and you don't know the maintenance history...) you'll need to sanitize the fresh water tank with bleach/water solution, drain it, fill it, drain it, and then fill it again before using it. Otherwise you'll be in the flush-o-potty all weekend with giardia...

And, finally - don't be like Jim Brewer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6LdFpJXylI

The insurance company HATES it when that happens!

That is an Epic Fail!
sorry bout the threadjacking

nwatkins176
June 9th, 2010, 12:01 AM

The insurance company HATES it when that happens![/quote]

They bought my trailer so the tornado is even. :) The fresh water tank could use some bleach I have not done it this season, but I never drank out of it. Bottle water works. I do agree just fill up at home. If you ever go out to Miller with it, there is a gas station right when you get off the freeway that is RV friendly. Good luck with your new to you rig. I also found some spare keys for you. I will bring them to the track, etc.

OUTLAWD
June 9th, 2010, 05:01 PM
there might be lots of water available at the track this weekend...

snay
June 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM
there might be lots of water available at the track this weekend...

I would fill up my water at the gas station across the street from the motel just east of the Byers ex .You all have fun we miss ya!!! The water is on the south east corner of the building