PDA

View Full Version : Updated--Pueblo Track Day Sunday June 27th

oldtimer
June 7th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Judy Faass has added a BIKES ONLY track day at Pueblo on Sunday June 27th. This is an open lapping day and all riders are welcome race and street. Street bikes need the standard level of track prep, no antifreeze, remove mirrors, tape up lights, etc.

*Update Faasst called today 6/15 to provide the following info:

This is now a BIKES ONLY DAY

$100 for full day, there will be no half day rates. If you pay the day of there will be an additional $10 late fee = $110 for the day.

There will be an ambulance and limited corners staffed, also there will be a lunchtime vendor available to purchase lunch from. There is no power or fuel station at Pueblo so please be prepared.

The track opens at 7am and there will be a rider's meeting at 7:45 to review flags and track entrance/exit procedures. Our riders will be available to lead sighting laps at 8am for any first timers. Track will be hot from 8am-5pm with 30 minute sessions, slow/fast. If there are enough sign ups she'll break out into 20 minute sessions slow/med/fast.

The entrance to the pits crosses the track and management has installed a large gate. If you are not in the pits before 8am vehicles will be held at the crossover until the end of the session, then allowed to cross before the next session is released.

http://www.faasst.com/Registration.html

freddiewest
June 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Done!!!

sikwitit
June 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

oldtimer
June 14th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Update on Pueblo Lapping Day Sunday June 27th

Judy Faass has secured a concession vedor for this track day. She needs a minimum of 25 bikes to hold this event, or she will cancel the track day a week in advance (June 20th). This is the only other Pueblo track day before Friday practice of our next race weekend. There will be Friday practice July 9 for our first Pueblo round July 10/11. But Sunday June 27th is the only other available track day. There are 5 riders currently registered for June 27th, we need 20 more to get the time.

PLEASE SIGN UP AND RIDE PUEBLO SUNDAY JUNE 27TH

swift.
June 14th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Hot Carl and I are in.

oldtimer
June 14th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Even better update:

Judy Faass says if we get 25 bikes registered by this Friday June 18th she'll make it a BIKES ONLY day.

So get signed up online for this track day by this Friday!

freddiewest
June 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I will get on John's a** to get him signed up!!!

OUTLAWD
June 14th, 2010, 04:57 PM
according to the site, this open to all track day "prepped" bike as well?

I'm going to check the calendar and sign up :)

random hero
June 14th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Is there a trackday for the Friday before the MRA event @ Pueblo?

oldtimer
June 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Yes this track day is open to both street bikes and racers.

Yes there is also Friday practice for our July 10/11 race weekend.

cjmagnuss
June 14th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Done!

jmaher
June 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I am signed up....it will be my first time out.

Joe

OUTLAWD
June 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
done! anyone heading down the night before? I think I've stayed at the super 8 before.

there also may be a camp groud in close proximity IIRC...driving down from the fort in the AM just doesn't sound fun...

random hero
June 15th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Another OT question.... is there RV power out there? And is camping allowed.... thanks :oops:

vort3xr6
June 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Signed up. Now I need to fix the bike in time!

Desmodromico
June 15th, 2010, 01:12 PM
How does Faasst run their days? I have a couple non-racer friends who might come too but they wanted to make sure they run slow sessions and that there is an ambulance on site etc. Anyone know?

GNGSXR
June 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
registered

oldtimer
June 15th, 2010, 03:52 PM
How does Faasst run their days? I have a couple non-racer friends who might come too but they wanted to make sure they run slow sessions and that there is an ambulance on site etc. Anyone know?

Please read the updated first post in this thread. Faasst will have an ambulance on site and limited corner staffing. All riders are welcome, street and race, with the usual level of track prep.

This is now a BIKES ONLY DAY, track will be hot from 8am-5pm. Please note the entrance to the pits crosses the track and management has installed a large gate. If you are not in the pits before 8am vehicles will be held at the crossover until the end of the session, then allowed to cross before the next session is released.

oldtimer
June 15th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Another OT question.... is there RV power out there? And is camping allowed.... thanks :oops:

Pueblo does NOT have power so be prepared. I don't know about camping overnight, please contact Faasst directly for that one. :)

OUTLAWD
June 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Signed up. Now I need to fix the bike in time!

we'll get that thing buttoned up in no time

random hero
June 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM

Pueblo does NOT have power so be prepared. I don't know about camping overnight, please contact Faasst directly for that one. :)

I was meaning more for race weekends... thanks

GNGSXR
June 16th, 2010, 07:53 AM
this is the same day as the pikes peak hill climb =(

peteyt328
June 16th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Camping has typically been allowed on Friday and Saturday nights on race weekends. There are no RV spots and no power.

oldtimer
June 20th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Don't forget today is the registration deadline for next sundays pueblo track day--after today Faasst says they're charging a late fee

oldtimer
June 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Looks like it's going to be a great day, see you there!

Desmodromico
June 25th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I'll be there, anyone know if Vanmar will be?

racedk6
June 26th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Lat I heard Vanmar had no plans on coming.

vort3xr6
June 26th, 2010, 01:51 AM
I am looking for someone to ride down with me. Share the cost of gas. Got a spot on the trailer for you bike, canopy, generator, etc.. Let me know,

d2dracer
June 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Had lots of fun today. Thank Wyatt and faasst!

vort3xr6
June 28th, 2010, 10:23 AM
That track is insane. I have never ridden a track that had that many bumps, cracks, hills, different kinds of pavement, in my life.

Watching some of you faster guys flying through those bumps was a humbling experience.

Us new novice riders are extremely spoiled having HPR.

Desmodromico
June 28th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I hope someone had a service at the end of the day for the prairie dog...I went around a couple times while his buddy was still there waiting for him to walk it off, alas he was flat as a pancake.

It is weird, after not running there for over a year the track seemed so much smaller, not that I got around it any faster.

vonconcepts.com
June 28th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Me and my 2 friends from Santa Fe had a great time. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. It's awesome to know the "family culture" of the MRA is still strong.

I went faster than I expected myself to go, but I have to agree with some of you.... bumpy in turn one if you take the inside (presumably faster) line. I still get a kick out of wiggling onto the front straight after all these years. :lol:

Now I have the itch to come and ride my 2000 GSXR in Modern Vintage with you guys... hope I make some sales this week.

Kurt - #316 SMRI

2Blue
June 28th, 2010, 06:28 PM
For me, the best part of day was at the riders meeting. Something about if your injured, put your hands up above your head and make a V and the ambulance will come rescue you. Gotta love it! :D

gsnyder828
June 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM
For me, the best part of day was at the riders meeting. Something about if your injured, put your hands up above your head and make a V and the ambulance will come rescue you. Gotta love it! :D

really? :shock:

loujr
June 28th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I LOVE PUEBLO!!! Wish I could have made it!

Jon
June 28th, 2010, 08:30 PM
So guys what's the word on Pueblo and the new pavement? I heard they repaved and sealed it with the help of the MRA and wondering how she turned out. Post up and let those of us who couldn't make it know.

dragos13
June 29th, 2010, 05:55 AM
So guys what's the word on Pueblo and the new pavement? I heard they repaved and sealed it with the help of the MRA and wondering how she turned out. Post up and let those of us who couldn't make it know.

There is no new pavement anywhere on the track except for the large patches running the width of turn 1. They did lay some sealer down in turn 9. Several cracks were filled with most of them just being marked for future work. All in all, I would say its about 95% the same as its always been.

You coming to ride with us in Pueblo next round Jon?

oldtimer
June 29th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Now I have the itch to come and ride my 2000 GSXR in Modern Vintage with you guys... hope I make some sales this week.

Kurt - #316 SMRI

Kurt come race with us in 2 weeks! And bring your friends! We're now going to waive the cost of a one-day (reciprocity) license for visiting racers, so just bring your SMRI license and register for classes. :D

hcr25
June 29th, 2010, 11:04 AM
In my opinion nothing that has been done to the surface of the track since last year helps motorcycle riders in any way. As Casey said the patches in turn one run across the track from edge to edge and are a foot or so wide. I'm not really sure what these patches are for. Turn one is bumpier then ever. The cracks across the track up the hill from turn 5 to 7 are bigger and much more noticeable. The black " sealer " into and through turn 9 looked more like a thin coat of oil. The traction did seem to be good at speed though. We will need to watch out for prairie dogs on the track. They seem to prefer to eat the grass growing through the track more then the weeds in the run off.

Thanks to Judy at Faasst for putting on the track day. It was a smooth fun event.

mike

vonconcepts.com
June 29th, 2010, 12:54 PM
When I visited Pueblo last September 11, the track had all these little blacktop pyramids popping up in turn one. For the most part, those were gone, but left some noticeable shuddering bumps in their place.

If I ran the ol' school deep and late line, hooking back inside for a late apex and drive to turn 2.... it was pretty smooth. If I ran a more protective and common line up the inside --- it was fairly turbulent. Either way, I stuck through it and traction seemed to be fine all the way around.... of course I am running mid to high 1:40's so if I were shaving 10 seconds off that the results would feel quite different I imagine.

The surface coat in 9 looks wierd, but doesn't seem to hurt traction at all. Mentally I just can't seem to shake the transition in turn 7 - although I KNOW its fine, I still ride it like a pansie.

vonconcepts.com
June 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Got lots of folks on film in this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5LLuMn5aco

*** Wyeth... having that conversation right now about coming up to race. :D ... We'll see.