PDA

View Full Version : WICKED! - RC Plane - For you Bart!

KFinn
June 5th, 2010, 11:17 PM
So maybe you've already seen this. Maybe not...

But a super cool Remote Control SR71 Blackbird model plane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=SDbQ5xvsrIU

froth
June 6th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I'd bet he's got more money into that thing than I do in ALL my bikes!

racedk6
June 6th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I'd bet he's got more money into that thing than I do in ALL my bikes!

20-30K for that.

Just the Turbines alone are 6-8k

freddiewest
June 7th, 2010, 08:11 AM
There are a couple of events this summer and fall where everyone can go see these turbine jets fly, one is the upcoming weekend at Chatfield, another is later, I believe end of July, in Loveland, CO. ... These guys in Europe really go all out you should see the video of a B-52 with Turbines!!! talk about money...

Bartman
June 8th, 2010, 01:29 PM
EFFIN cool, I would be puckered to whole time it was in the air. :lol:

KFinn
June 8th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Ya the landing too was def a pucker moment.

glenngsxr
June 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
The first time you wad that thing up is when you shat yourself. Probably like wrecking a Ducati or something.

Question, what is the range of one of those? How far away could the plane still pick up signal and be controlled?

Glenn #62

KFinn
June 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I'm curious too because that one section in the video when it heads for the sky and the camera man stays zoomed in on it. Then he rapidly unzooms and its a spec.... its just incredible. HOw can you steer something you can't see?

freddiewest
June 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Most Radio Control units are rated for a maximum range of 4 miles!! I have flown an airplane with a camera down link system and a video screen that I could view with one eye while looking at the aircraft with the other, was weird at first but you get used to it... problem was I had to sit down because I would get actual motion sickness...

ChickenStrip
June 8th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I like the guy's baby blue short pants.

racedk6
June 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM
These are some pretty sweet turbine jets :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKovsUv7juk&feature=related