PDA

View Full Version : EZ Up Canopies?

KFinn
June 3rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
So me and my pit mates' canopies where destroyed by the wind at PPIR. they lasted at HPR ok. We have different types and diff brands.

So I am on a quest to find a good replacement canopy where they legs don't bend and break or the trusses between legs don't flex to the point of breaking or bending to an un-collapsible position.

Who has what canopies from where that they don't have these issues? I saw some that stayed up all weekend at PPIR and didn't budge. Is it less of the quality of canopy and all in the anchoring or both or what?

JimWilson29
June 3rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
I have this one and it has lasted for 7 or 8 years now- http://www.ezup.com/products/com/enterprise2.shtml It's a commercial grade so it will be more costly than those EZups that you see for $199 at the sporting goods stores.

Throttleroller277
June 3rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
Structure does have something to do with it, but I think the main key thing is proper anchoring/tie down method. You can never tie it down "too good"! 8)

marty
June 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
many of the sporting good stores will sell you a warantee for $15. i usually go through a couple canopies a year and they have always given me a new one, no questions asked

joe859
June 3rd, 2010, 05:07 PM
I bought this from WalMart.com online:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Caravan-Canopy-10-X-10-Displayshade-Deluxe-Canopy-White/11007576
It's a copy of the EZup frame (which I think is a copy of the KD frame design made here in Westminster), where the trusses are overhead like a ceiling with a single pole supporting the peak. Steel frame. Very sturdy but you still have to tie down or weight the legs to keep it from taking off.

davy4575
June 3rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
I have a cheap small non trussed kind that I got for like 40.00 at wal mart, its held up to nevada and everything for 10 years, because its so basic, but at ppir, it bent one of the pole sections. It takes a while to put togeather and is small, but folds down compact. Hopefully it still works, I think i busted one of the plastic t-corners too.