PDA

View Full Version : Miller Superbike Challenge GTO crash

LMsports
June 2nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Had a great weekend at Miller until the first corner on the first lap of the race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rt3RM5UW8Q

vort3xr6
June 2nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
DAYUM. Sorry to see that.

dave.gallant
June 2nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
That sucks!!

Are you OK?

Throttleroller277
June 2nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
That does Suck!! Hope you're ok!!

peteremsley
June 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
Bummer. We were watching from the other end of the track and didn't know what happened. Hope you're ok.

FWIW, it looks like you got a great start!

TRK
June 2nd, 2010, 08:26 PM
I feel your pain! :shock:

Jon
June 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Jeez Rob, I was standing along Pitwall and never even saw it happen. Did you know they have you listed as DNS or at least Mylaps.com does. Maybe if you don't complete the lap and pass the beacon the first time it deducts a DNS? Who knows, but sorry to hear of your misfortune but glad your OK.

random hero
June 2nd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Bummer Rob..... Wild video, glad your OK!!

LMsports
June 2nd, 2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, Jon, since it happened on the first lap I got scored as a DNS. I'm a bit banged up, but I'll be at HPR regardless. Not sure if I'll be riding again yet, but I'll be there!

And I'm bringing people with me....

TRK
June 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hey I got in TWO laps

Scored51
June 2nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
What a great start, but Bowling for Bikes definitely sucks!

...they have you listed as DNS or at least Mylaps.com does. Maybe if you don't complete the lap and pass the beacon the first time it deducts a DNS?

This is the case as it is set in the software and uploaded directly to MyLaps.com. However, in the MRA, extra steps are taken to verify all of the actual starters to give them credit for making the grid. That is the difference you are seeing.

Munch
June 2nd, 2010, 11:06 PM
Looked crazy, was there a guy that stalled before the carnage? About .18 in, or was that just the video?

random hero
June 2nd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Bummer Rob..... Wild video, glad your OK!!

cjmagnuss
June 2nd, 2010, 11:35 PM
wow, how many bikes were on the grid? glad you're alright Rob!

fairrpe86
June 3rd, 2010, 12:44 AM
Rob didnt even get a full lap in, Shannon made it two before tucking the front, Pat's transmission blew up in the Duc, Dale had issues all weekend, kind of a crappy weekend for the MRA guys who trekked to Utah to race.

Jon
June 3rd, 2010, 06:53 AM
Though I brought a knife to a gun fight I have to interject that though any of those riders from Colorado didn't win I for one had a great time riding at this world class facility in front of the world. Always a great time with great friends with plenty to do for young and old. Hell, My boys even had a great time.

glenngsxr
June 3rd, 2010, 07:18 AM
well that stinks Rob. Kind of a different way of starting. Sounds like you almost let off the gas completely just before the green flag goes. At any rate, you got a screaming start. Look at Dougy Bobbie to the right as well. I think he got shot out of a cannon.

Glenn #62